Author Topic: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?  (Read 9980 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?
« Topic Start: October 13, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »
Ok, we're out.  NOW, how does this work regarding the worth of our strip going towards next year's Season Ticket Payment?

We should have the value of non-existent

Tie Breaker
Wild Card
4 ALCS GAMES
4 WORLD SERIES GAMES

All of these have been "paid for" when we get our strip.  This may take care of my entire 20 game plan for next season.  Maybe more.  I mean the World Series tickets for 2 was going to be $845.  What if the credit to our account is MORE than what next year's ST cost?

How does this work?  Anyone know?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?
« Reply #1: October 13, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »
How does this work?  Anyone know?

I'd email your ticket rep and try to get an answer in writing.  What I was told by my rep is that refunds will be sent out in December but I was not able to get her to put that in an email.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2: October 13, 2012, 10:51:10 AM »
I called my Ticket rep when I had concerns of paying for October's installment.  Never got a call back, which is not like him.  Not sure if he was in wait and see mode or not.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #3: October 13, 2012, 10:56:21 AM »
I called my Ticket rep when I had concerns of paying for October's installment.  Never got a call back, which is not like him.  Not sure if he was in wait and see mode or not.

When the strips went on sale the reps were briefed on the policy a couple hours before the emails were sent out, the team provided them with no more information than was emailed to us, which is why a lot of conflicting information was sent out and they didn't want to put anything in writing.  I'm fairly sure that you'll get your money back, but based on the emails and the written policies, it's the Nats money, they can require that you put it toward a 2013 plan or lose out.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #4: October 13, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
Good thread. I suspect they will credit the account in days or at least before the next payment on the installment plan is due, which is Nov. 1. I can't imagine them collecting more money at that time.

It's the money that is worth more than the 2013 plans that I have not heard much about. That doesn't apply to my personally so I didn't inquire.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #5: October 13, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »
Well I got a 20 game plan.  I think for the 2 on the plan, it costs 944.00.  I mean I thought the postseason tickets were NON-Refundable which is why I ask. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #6: October 13, 2012, 01:18:43 PM »
Curious if anyone who bought the tickets on a two-payment plan (buy through the LCS in August, pay for WS on 10/10) got whacked for the world series tickets yet.  I did not see it on my charge card as of yet and do not see it as a pending charge.  Would these folks actually bill for games now that they know will not be played?  They can by the agreement, I think, but maybe they made a good customer relations call. 

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #7: October 13, 2012, 01:24:27 PM »
I haven't seen it either, and both the monthy payments for the season tickets and anything additional I've bought seem to show up pretty quickly. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #8: October 13, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
Too much Oriole cheering, Cal, you wrote "ALCS" :lmao:

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #9: October 13, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »
I sssumed the deferred World series charge would only kick in after the LCS

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #10: October 13, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »

That's what I thought too...thus far my credit card account only shows the $460 I paid for one series of playoff tickets and my first three STH renewal payments.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #11: October 13, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

They said the WS charge would be posted on October 10. That apparently did not hapen and I assume they will not do it at this point.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #12: October 14, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
Too much Oriole cheering, Cal, you wrote "ALCS" :lmao:

I was thinking of a beltway world series!   :-[

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #13: October 15, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »
I'm thinking I read somewhere that any refunds would be issued about 10 days after the Nats were eliminated.  That should apply to any individual tickets bought in any of the presales, but I'm hoping it also applies to any strip refunds (i.e., I already paid in full for next year's season tickets, so I want my strip amount put back on my credit card).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #14: October 15, 2012, 01:44:02 PM »
I'm so happy that the $3K I put on my credit card for games not played is now due and the team won't process the refund until the next billing cycle. I was going to split the cost four ways but of course with no games being played I can't collect anything from my buddies, so I'm effectively loaning the Lerners the money for a month.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #15: October 15, 2012, 01:44:20 PM »
Curious if anyone who bought the tickets on a two-payment plan (buy through the LCS in August, pay for WS on 10/10) got whacked for the world series tickets yet.  I did not see it on my charge card as of yet and do not see it as a pending charge.  Would these folks actually bill for games now that they know will not be played?  They can by the agreement, I think, but maybe they made a good customer relations call. 

if you're worried, e-mail them saying the charge is no longer authorized

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #16: October 15, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »
if you're worried, e-mail them saying the charge is no longer authorized

Yeah, that could get you banned from purchasing future post season tickets, the language of the rules for buying playoff tickets was very punitive for people not paying the ageed upon charges.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #17: October 15, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
Yeah, that could get you banned from purchasing future post season tickets, the language of the rules for buying playoff tickets was very punitive for people not paying the ageed upon charges.

it all depends on whether you care (also spouses can have separate e-mail addresses, phone numbers and credit card numbers, so it's not like they can ban based on last names). Punitive or not, besides banning you (good luck with that), what can they do, sue you for money that they will then refund?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #18: October 15, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »
it all depends on whether you care (also spouses can have separate e-mail addresses, phone numbers and credit card numbers, so it's not like they can ban based on last names). Punitive or not, besides banning you (good luck with that), what can they do, sue you for money that they will then refund?

I'm just speculating on the course of action the team might take if payments that they feel are owed are not received. By my reading of the contract sent out with the post season packages, the World Series money was owed regardless of whether the team makes it that far, and any funds for games not played can only be spent on 2013 ticket plans. I have stated that I don't believe that the team will enforce that policy, but it is surprising to me how many fans committed thousands of dollars based on that refund policy.

As for switching to a different account holder, that would require giving up your current seats.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #19: October 15, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »
[...]By my reading of the contract sent out with the post season packages, the World Series money was owed regardless of whether the team makes it that far, and any funds for games not played can only be spent on 2013 ticket plans.[...]

That's pretty much my understanding too - if I recall aright they'll spread the 'refund' among whatever remaining renewal payments one has.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #20: October 15, 2012, 02:32:08 PM »
I'm just speculating on the course of action the team might take if payments that they feel are owed are not received. By my reading of the contract sent out with the post season packages, the World Series money was owed regardless of whether the team makes it that far, and any funds for games not played can only be spent on 2013 ticket plans. I have stated that I don't believe that the team will enforce that policy, but it is surprising to me how many fans committed thousands of dollars based on that refund policy.

As for switching to a different account holder, that would require giving up your current seats.

there are times when I'm glad I'm not a season ticket holder (granted if the team gets really popular, the right to purchase them may be valuable, but I have faith that the Lerners will charge what the market will bear)

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #21: October 15, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
That's pretty much my understanding too - if I recall aright they'll spread the 'refund' among whatever remaining renewal payments one has.

I kind of gamed the system. I purposly went on the installment plan so I would get the refund applied to my account before further paaments were due. The next payment is Nov. 1.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #22: October 15, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »
I kind of gamed the system. I purposly went on the installment plan so I would get the refund applied to my account before further paaments were due. The next payment is Nov. 1.

Im on installments too.  Thats why I asked!

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #23: October 16, 2012, 12:15:32 AM »
there are times when I'm glad I'm not a season ticket holder (granted if the team gets really popular, the right to purchase them may be valuable, but I have faith that the Lerners will charge what the market will bear)

A partial plan in the 300s or 400s is a smoking deal even if they scale back the Red Carpet Rewards program.  The ability to buy tickets for any game at full season ticket holder prices and the STH presales are really nice perks.

Offline wj73

« Reply #24: October 18, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
For us partial plan holders who paid more for post-season tickets than the cost of our 2013 plan, I got this from my ticket rep - in writing - before I purchased my extra strips:

"For postseason tickets, there are not refunds but the balance of the tickets would be applied to your 2013 renewal. Anything past that would then be refunded back to your credit card."