Author Topic: Jose Canseco = (Insert Comment Here)?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline ronnynat

Jose Canseco = (Insert Comment Here)?
« Topic Start: January 02, 2008, 06:12:23 AM »
Jose Canseco = a big, fat rat who DOES NOT WANT TO RID BASEBALL OF STEROIDS, but instead wants to pocket as much as he can before he runs out of money...again...and before baseball is finally done with this period in its history. Coincidentally, yes, he did help in getting the ball rolling on getting PEDs out of baseball. Regardless, I think the guy is worthless and a joke.

He's releasing his second book, Vindicated, on opening day.  :roll:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.flipside31dec31,0,4370472.story

MrMadison

Re: Jose Canseco = (Insert Comment Here)?
« Reply #1: January 02, 2008, 11:51:46 AM »
Jose Canseco - Snitch Supreme.

But he WAS vindicated, in a way. 

« Reply #2: January 02, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »
Jose Canseco = (Douche)

By all means he was vindicated. I remember when his first book came out, readers and critics thought he was nuts. They just couldn't (wouldn't) believe it.  Their ignorance now makes Canseco look like Sherlock Holmes.

Unfortunately, as stated before, Canseco is doing this all for the wrong reasons.  Which makes him a douche.

natsfan1a

« Reply #3: January 02, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »
I'm not a Canseco fan, but just to play devil's advocate, his book did set in motion a chain of events that led to congressional hearings and the Mitchell Report, and there is at least the appearance that MLB is taking the issue more seriously. As far as Canseco's motives for blowing the whistle on others, I'd agree that a desire for more money seems to predominate, but wasn't that also the case for the owners, the dealers, and even those players who used (in that improved stats could lead to better contracts)?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: January 02, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »
When I heard about his book, I was trying to think about what the title should be.  As we all know, it's preliminarily "Vindicated".  I had a couple of other thoughts:

"I Told You So"

"Now Do You Believe Me?"

"Wait, There's More"

Etc.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #5: January 03, 2008, 12:29:29 AM »
The problem is that supposidly there will be more names in this new book that weren't in the Mitchell Report. Why didn't he put those names in the first book?

Offline saltydad

« Reply #6: January 03, 2008, 04:03:06 AM »
The problem is that supposidly there will be more names in this new book that weren't in the Mitchell Report. Why didn't he put those names in the first book?

Maybe because he was writing a book, and to list all PED abusers in baseball would require an encyclopedia.

natsfan1a

« Reply #7: January 03, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »
Quoted for (unfortunate, I fear) truth

Maybe because he was writing a book, and to list all PED abusers in baseball would require an encyclopedia.

natsfan1a

« Reply #8: January 07, 2008, 09:58:05 AM »
Report: Potential editor for Canseco book says he doesn't have goods on A-Rod

Former Sports Illustrated associate editor Don Yaeger, who had initially planned on collaborating on Jose Canseco's next book, has decided against working with the former slugger, according to a published report.

"I'm passing," Yaeger told the New York Daily News. "I had a chance to review the Jose Canseco [material] that he provided me. I don't think there's a book there. I don't know what they're going to do. I don't think he's got what he claims to have, certainly doesn't have what he claims to have on A-Rod. There's no meat on the bones."

Canseco finalized a deal for his sequel to "Juiced" and it is expected to hit bookstores by Opening Day of the 2008 season, two New York newspapers reported last month.

The working title of the book is "Vindicated."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3182587

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #9: January 08, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
Conseco is a slimeball...but it took a disgusting weasel like him to break the code of silence that existed with the players - which caused the steroid era to flourish.  Without him, it would have took much longer for the problem to be exposed and might have continued for God knows how much longer.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #10: January 08, 2008, 08:49:03 PM »
If not for Canseco it would never have gotten exposed, at least they give no indication that they would ever allow it to be exposed.