Author Topic: "Merry" Tyler Moore Appreciation Thread  (Read 10218 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Merry Tyler Moore Appreciation Thread
« Reply #25: June 27, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
Maybe not first. Hot bat there, too.
Play this kid every day till he stops hitting. Play him in left. Play him at first. Ride the hot bat

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #26: June 27, 2012, 09:40:40 PM »
Love this show and her sidekick Rhoda (played by Valerie HARPER)

MOORE + HARPER!

:icon_question:COINCIDENCE?

I think not.

LOL!  GOOD ONE!   :o

Glad I got his autograph at Potomac!   :mg:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #27: June 27, 2012, 10:12:32 PM »
Nationals PR ‏@NationalsPR

In Tyler Moore's 4 June starts at 1B, he is 6-for-9 with 2 doubles, 3 HR, 7 RBI, 5 runs & 4 walks. Right-handed power is a scarce resource.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #28: June 27, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »
he's going to chase LaRoche out of town.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #29: June 27, 2012, 11:31:01 PM »
Amanda Comak ‏@acomak

Since the #Nats called him back up on June 7, Tyler Moore has started nine game and gone hitless in only one of them. 3-for-5 tonight.

:worship:

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #30: June 27, 2012, 11:54:02 PM »
Washington Nationals ‏@Nationals
Updated @T_Mo12 numbers since recall: 15/33 (.455), 6 BB, 3 2B, 4 HR, 9 R, 10 RBI, 3 SB

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #31: June 28, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
Web gem nominee

Offline Coladar

« Reply #32: June 28, 2012, 01:43:14 AM »
Moore had better be in the lineup every single day from now on as long as he stays hot. I don't care if the SP is lefty or righty. Crap, the dude can pitch with both feet for all I care. This using of Merry sparingly better be at an end. Its been similar to Giggles the Clown's usage of Morse last season, like he didn't want to use him even if Morse had a 3 HR game the night before, as I seem to recall happened once. Something like that, anyway.

And Moore better not be batting 7 or 8 anymore. That's a waste of his power. Bat him 5 or even cleanup, even though LaRoche has been killing it since Baltimore. My ideal lineup?

Eeean Desmond
Harper
Zimmerman
Moore
LaRoche
Morse
Solano
Espinosa
Pitcher

Solano is batting .400 right now. Sure, he will cool down dramatically. But right now he is the on best hitter on the team. I know there's no way they move Flores to backup. But a 50/50, even a 66/33 split in favor of Solano? Its well earned at this moment in time. Moore needs to be batting ahead of Morse and possibly even LaRoche, Solano needs to be the primary catcher, and I don't care what the splits say, right now Espi should not bat lead off. Then it is a perfect lineup, and I'd be willing to wager our offensive woes disappear even outside of Coors Field at Turner this weekend and Nats Park next week.

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
« Reply #33: June 28, 2012, 10:06:35 AM »
Moore had better be in the lineup every single day from now on as long as he stays hot. I don't care if the SP is lefty or righty. Crap, the dude can pitch with both feet for all I care. This using of Merry sparingly better be at an end. Its been similar to Giggles the Clown's usage of Morse last season, like he didn't want to use him even if Morse had a 3 HR game the night before, as I seem to recall happened once. Something like that, anyway.

And Moore better not be batting 7 or 8 anymore. That's a waste of his power. Bat him 5 or even cleanup, even though LaRoche has been killing it since Baltimore. My ideal lineup?

Eeean Desmond
Harper
Zimmerman
Moore
LaRoche
Morse
Solano
Espinosa
Pitcher

Solano is batting .400 right now. Sure, he will cool down dramatically. But right now he is the on best hitter on the team. I know there's no way they move Flores to backup. But a 50/50, even a 66/33 split in favor of Solano? Its well earned at this moment in time. Moore needs to be batting ahead of Morse and possibly even LaRoche, Solano needs to be the primary catcher, and I don't care what the splits say, right now Espi should not bat lead off. Then it is a perfect lineup, and I'd be willing to wager our offensive woes disappear even outside of Coors Field at Turner this weekend and Nats Park next week.

I'm going to say a big no to Desmond as a lead off guy. He is a slugger and there is no reason to waste his power when we have no one on base. I'd say our best lead off option right now would be a Lombo/Espinosa platoon at second.

Lombo/Espy
Harper
Zim
Laroche/Moore
Morse/LaRoche
Moore/Morse
Desmond
Florse

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #34: June 28, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »
I'm going to say a big no to Desmond as a lead off guy. He is a slugger and there is no reason to waste his power when we have no one on base. I'd say our best lead off option right now would be a Lombo/Espinosa platoon at second.

Lombo/Espy
Harper
Zim
Laroche/Moore
Morse/LaRoche
Moore/Morse
Desmond
Florse

Yeah, I don't even see how Desmond's biggest fanboi could think that him batting leadoff would be good for anyone.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #35: June 28, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
dear nats-

about time you realized he's an everyday player.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #36: June 28, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »
Let's see what Davey does when we have a run of righty starting pitching coming at us.  Somehow, I'd like to get Lombo in the line up v. righties.  whether that is by a tony phillips, rotate him through 4 positions set up or what, I don't think there is another conventional leadoff hitter against righties on the squad.  Moore can mix in a game off a week over july and august, as can RZ, Desi, and Espi (maybe an extra game missed for him against righties). 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #37: June 28, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »
Let's see what Davey does when we have a run of righty starting pitching coming at us.  Somehow, I'd like to get Lombo in the line up v. righties.  whether that is by a tony phillips, rotate him through 4 positions set up or what, I don't think there is another conventional leadoff hitter against righties on the squad.  Moore can mix in a game off a week over july and august, as can RZ, Desi, and Espi (maybe an extra game missed for him against righties). 

he'd play over Espinosa.  HAS to. 

Moore has to be in the line-up no matter what.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #38: June 28, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
Moore is hitting .455 (15 for 33) since being recalled from Triple-A on June 7. "I'm completely 'see ball, hit ball," said Moore, who has five RBIs over the past two nights. "Dumb it down for me I'll be at my best."

Offline RL04

« Reply #39: July 06, 2012, 11:37:52 AM »
M and M:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #40: July 06, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »
i'm such a fan

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #41: July 06, 2012, 11:55:58 AM »
Moore reminds me of Kevin McReynolds, who played LF for the '80s Mets managed by one Davey Johnson. Big, quiet country boy with serious pop.

Online Slateman

« Reply #42: July 06, 2012, 11:56:42 AM »
Moore is making a case for playing time. Lombo has actually become more resurgent as well. Espinosa starting to turn it around.

Nice to have problems like these :lol:

Though in the long run, I think Moore is making  case to be the every day first baseman.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #43: July 06, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
Moore is a monster. It's fun to see these guys all bat like they have been but hot damn I was excited to see Lombo, Moore, and Harper ALL do something in the ninth. Three rookies tearing it up man! I sort of feel like the Marlins when they had all of those players in the ROTY race.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #44: July 06, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »
Moore is making a case for playing time. Lombo has actually become more resurgent as well. Espinosa starting to turn it around.

Nice to have problems like these :lol:

Though in the long run, I think Moore is making  case to be the every day first baseman.

Lombo, Moore, Solano...for a team that had no farm depth after trading it all for Gio, it sure does have some good rookie talent on the team.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #45: July 06, 2012, 12:47:30 PM »
Moore reminds me of Kevin McReynolds, who played LF for the '80s Mets managed by one Davey Johnson. Big, quiet country boy with serious pop.

I think Moore will be better than Kevin McReynolds. Last night's double in the 9th inning was the essence of clutch hitting.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #46: July 06, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
I like him just fine

Offline RL04

« Reply #47: July 09, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »
Moore reminds me of Kevin McReynolds, who played LF for the '80s Mets.

Haven't heard that name in a long time.

Funny how I remember the '69 Mets better than the '86 team.

Online Slateman

« Reply #48: October 07, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »
Bump

:lol:

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #49: October 07, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »
Let me love you Tyler Moore!