Author Topic: The Empty Set - HoF Class of 2013  (Read 6008 times)

Offline blue911

Re: The Empty Set - HoF Class of 2013
« Reply #75: January 10, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »
One thing that I really think that stinks about this is guys like Piazza and Bagwell. They retired 5+ years ago.

If you are a writer, a journalist, and believe that these 2 (or substitute the player of your choice) did steroids, do your damn job. Do the investigation, find the evidence and write the article. Then, you can leave them off your ballot. Until then, you're just a lazy writer looking for some extra publicity.

All of these writers that gave Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Piazza the MVPs, Cy Youngs, and Silver Slugger awards, they can kiss my taint. Where was the outrage and the investigation when it was happening, when something could have been done to change the outcome? But they did nothing but take the paycheck that came with the increased interest in MLB at the time.

This sums up my feelings.

I'm a Big Hall guy so I think the more the merrier, it's a museum after all. Players can put elected in the Hall without honoring them. Clemens plaque could  read " Won XXX games, 7 Cy Young Awards and was mentioned 82 times in the Mitchell Report. Threw his wife under the bus during a congressional hearing and sold out his best friend. "

EDIT: And if Clemens wants to attend his induction ceremony knowing that is how his plaque will read, more power to him.