Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103570 times)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Hey guys, let's have a BBQ

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
I wonder if anyone has tried bringing in vodka in water bottles?

Vodka? No. But gin-n-tonic, heavy on the gin, on a hot summer day? No, not me. Never did that. Sure was refreshing.

I recommend Daisani bottles, that blueish tint helps add to the subterfuge.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
When you bring in something, do you put on after shave to hide the aroma?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I'd try pisco sours but the egg whites don't hold up well in the heat.

Vodka? No. But gin-n-tonic, heavy on the gin, on a hot summer day? No, not me. Never did that. Sure was refreshing.

I recommend Daisani bottles, that blueish tint helps add to the subterfuge.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
False bottom bags and cambelbak bladders for the win.  Too bad I don't drink alcohol.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
False bottom bags and cambelbak bladders for the win.  Too bad I don't drink alcohol.

You don't?  I had no idea  :P

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
You don't?  I had no idea  :P

Really?  Yeah, I quit drinking a couple of years ago.  I'd use the false bottom and Camelbak to sneak in Diet Dr Pepper but it being so hot now makes it pointless.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Back on track.  Get rid of these commercials and send the marketing firms responsible for them straight to a Turkish prison:

- Subway.  Nobody willing eats this crap when places like Potbelly and Firehouse Subs (:az:) exist. 
- WB Mason.  Office supplies are office supplies. 
- American beer commercials.  "Grab some buds" - only if by "buds" you mean the third rail on the Metro.
- Any Military-Industrial Complex agency that feels the need to say "we never forget who we're working for".

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Then you have officially moved out of any white trash demographic group

Really?  Yeah, I quit drinking a couple of years ago.  I'd use the false bottom and Camelbak to sneak in Diet Dr Pepper but it being so hot now makes it pointless.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Then you have officially moved out of any white trash demographic group

How do you figure that?

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Back on track.  Get rid of these commercials and send the marketing firms responsible for them straight to a Turkish prison:

- Subway.  Nobody willing eats this crap when places like Potbelly and Firehouse Subs (:az:) exist. 
- WB Mason.  Office supplies are office supplies. 
- American beer commercials.  "Grab some buds" - only if by "buds" you mean the third rail on the Metro.
- Any Military-Industrial Complex agency that feels the need to say "we never forget who we're working for".

For WB Mason - would it kill them to find an actor with a real mustache? That Dollar Store Halloween mustache looks like it is plastic.

Offline Mathguy

One of the characteristics of those considered white trash is drinking.  It's what helps keep them that way.

How do you figure that?

Offline Mathguy

They never forget who they are financially raking over the coals either

Any Military-Industrial Complex agency that feels the need to say "we never forget who we're working for".

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
They never forget who they are financially raking over the coals either

Exactly my point. :thumbs:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
We could have a separate thread on political commercials.  Gosh we'll see enough to train a Macaque monkey.

Offline HalfSmokes

speaking of commercials, the comcast we're the fastest radio spot is annoying and based on a deliberate technicality (combining verisimilitude dsl and fios for the comparison )

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
We could have a separate thread on political commercials.  Gosh we'll see enough to train a Macaque monkey.

No one really likes political ads. But I can accept ads by Obama and Romney.

I have no patience for the ads run by sketchy xenophobic/racist sounding SuperPAcs like "Restore Our America" and "Liberty for All" etc...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Go ahead and start it.   I think that's a good idea.   We should have a lot of fodder by November.    In keeping with USSC rulings ... monkies are people too.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
The Infiniti commercial where that over-privileged couple find themselves in a grand prix race and ask for directions.
Yes very annoying.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
speaking of commercials, the comcast we're the fastest radio spot is annoying and based on a deliberate technicality (combining verisimilitude dsl and fios for the comparison )

The radio spot (FIOS I think) where they have people saying what they want in their cable or smart phone network or aps and the one guy says "something where I can get Facebook and Twitter without using my computer".   hey genuis FB and Twitter were made for computers.

To paraphrase someone from another board on Ebay "Stop using your smartphone as a computer it's a PHONE. Phones are used for talking right?"

Offline HalfSmokes

verisimilitude

Autocorrect is fun, is verisimilitude really more common than Verizon

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
If I see that stupid Xfinity commercial with the guy who had to "explore" hgging the guy "who was young once".  Ill explode!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
the "don't get cable" commercials from directv appear to have run their course and are just getting stupid now.

Offline Coladar

Holy crap has Gilbert Gottfried fallen. Wow. Was watching something I recorded last week, and flipping through the commercials I saw an Eastern Motors in a flash. Curious to see which of Snyder's band of losers and suckups sold out this year, I rewind. Next to some dude I'd never seen before is Gilbert Gottfried. Wow. He's never had a "career" but I bet he got craploads of cash for Aflac. Then he made whatever Twitter post that was controversial and now he's forced to wear a redskins shirt AND hat for a stupid ass Eastern Motors commercial? Jesus christ.

I just hope after we play in October this year they don't start using Nats for it. I would cry tears of blood if Harper, Strasburg and Zimmerman are wearing Redskins crap and singing along next year.

Offline HalfSmokes

What's wrong with eastern motors- your jobs your credit may be the catchiest commercial on tv