Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118638 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Also DC minimum wage is $8.25- not great for standing over a grill or deep fat fryer in the middle august

...   listening to the entitled nag.   

Offline Gleason2

Also DC minimum wage is $8.25- not great for standing over a grill or deep fat fryer in the middle august

If they can find a better paying gig elsewhere, let them go get it.  Otherwise they'll have to earn what the market dictates, and that appears to be whatever they're earning right now.

Offline mitlen

If they can find a better paying gig elsewhere, let them go get it.  Otherwise they'll have to earn what the market dictates, and that appears to be whatever they're earning right now.

...  and let 'em eat cake.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Did you read the article? They aren't complaining.

Offline Gleason2

Did you read the article? They aren't complaining.

I never said that anyone was complaining.

Offline GburgNatsFan

My point was the article was less about the folks working at Nats Park than it was about the union organizers and the Nats FO response to them.

Have you read it yet?

I never said that anyone was complaining.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.

Then they should have studied more and paid attention in school.
If you are standing over a grill in August, it represents the execution of a piss poor plan for the future.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Not everyone has the luck to have what it takes to graduate with a degree in engineering. Or even a degree at all.

If you are standing over a grill in August, it represents the execution of a piss poor plan for the future.

Offline Gleason2

My point was the article was less about the folks working at Nats Park than it was about the union organizers and the Nats FO response to them.

Have you read it yet?

I read it before I responded.  My comment was in response to what Halfsmokes wrote. 

Offline HalfSmokes

Or they'll unionize

Offline WahooWah

I wasn't aware DC had its own minimum wage. Thank you.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Not everyone has the luck to have what it takes to graduate with a degree in engineering. Or even a degree at all

Not saying that the random grill tender could be a college graduate if he had tried harder. But getting a part time, seasonal job at Nats Park as the hot dog griller is just one step above not trying at all.

Offline mitlen

Not everyone has the luck to have what it takes to graduate with a degree in engineering. Or even a degree at all.

About to lose my job and my response is often, "It's easy to talk crap when you have a job."    Be thankful you have a job and quit freakin' with people who are over a grill in August.     You're right Gburg, sometimes crap happens.      Props my man.   You get it.

Offline Clever

Not saying that the random grill tender could be a college graduate if he had tried harder. But getting a part time, seasonal job at Nats Park as the hot dog griller is just one step above not trying at all.
It's not that bad of a job though, free baseball!

Offline NatsTheFats

Or they'll unionize
Unionize?  How hard is it to find someone that takes 25 minutes to serve an effing sausage on a bun?  If they unionize, I demand that concessions refund me 100% of my money for every inning I stand in line waiting for a dog.  If it takes a full inning for me to purchase an over priced half-smoke, I should get it for free.  Service already sucks.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Unionize?  How hard is it to find someone that takes 25 minutes to serve an effing sausage on a bun?  If they unionize, I demand that concessions refund me 100% of my money for every inning I stand in line waiting for a dog.  If it takes a full inning for me to purchase an over priced half-smoke, I should get it for free.  Service already sucks.

Maybe if management gave a crap about their workers instead of maintaining the attitude that ...we can walk down the street and replace you in 10 seconds with someone else we refuse to train for a job...service would get better.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Are you for freaking real?!

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Are you for freaking real?!

Yep. What's wrong with the statement? I know that when dealing with urban schools, I am simplifying things.

But, Am I missing something? Is working over a hot grill a desirable job?

Offline GburgNatsFan

Not everyone has the resources to get a degree in business, engineering, or even a high school degree. By resources, I mean anything from the cognitive capabilities to the parents willing to refrain from taking drugs, to whatever.

Those folks sometimes man the grills. Treating them decently is not a ridiculous concept.

Yep. What's wrong with the statement? I know that when dealing with urban schools, I am simplifying things.

But, Am I missing something? Is working over a hot grill a desirable job?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The guys working the grills work for Levy. The guys who are trying to unionize are team employees. The ushers, the ticket takers, the people who tell you not to stand on the landings of the stairways.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

The doctor who performed elbow surgery on Stephen Strasburg said he did not tell the Washington Nationals to shut down their ace pitcher.

“I wasn’t asked,” Dr. Lewis Yocum told the Los Angeles Times.

Yocum said he had not talked with Nationals General Manager Mike Rizzo since last year and had not talked with Strasburg since spring training.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/lat-sp-sn-stephen-strasburg-nationals-shutdown-20120913,0,6916702.story

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Yocum said that, had he been asked, he would not have been able to provide conclusive information about whether Strasburg’s long-term health would be best served by shutting him down.

“There’s no statistic as far as studies,” Yocum said.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
So... All along the doctor was Dr. Mindfact.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
So... All along the doctor was Dr. Mindfact.

Hahahahahahahahahah

All those holier than thou posts about medical science backing up Rizzo. Apologist sheep went along with it.