Author Topic: Game 5 roll call & info/tips/meeting spot  (Read 3493 times)

Offline MorseTheHorse

Re: Game 5 roll call & info/tips
« Reply #25: October 11, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
So the way the cheese steak stand works is, one guy takes your order and puts the meat on it, another guy puts the cheese on it and hands it to you.

I didn't know this. So when the guy went over to put cheese on my steak, I thought he didn't know that somebody was already making my order, so I said "that dude is making my cheese steak"

to which I heard "WE are making your cheese steak, we work as a team!"

haha that's great!

Offline capsmp

« Reply #26: October 11, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »
So what's the consensus? Drive in or Metro? I'm off work tomorrow so I can get there early either way.

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #27: October 11, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Drive in or Metro?

You must not be from D.C.

Offline capsmp

« Reply #28: October 11, 2012, 08:56:46 PM »
I always prefer to drive in, but i've heard parking has been a pain. Is parking fine if you get there early enough? I have parked at the lot by the construction/work site the last couple games i've gone to.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #29: October 11, 2012, 09:01:29 PM »
I don't think I've ever been more excited to go to a game in my life. I feel like a kid again.

This has been a truly special year. Let's hope we have a chance to enjoy the ride a little longer.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #30: October 11, 2012, 09:02:21 PM »
I always prefer to drive in, but i've heard parking has been a pain. Is parking fine if you get there early enough? I have parked at the lot by the construction/work site the last couple games i've gone to.

I think parking for this game will be better because the working crowd will have been long gone.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #31: October 11, 2012, 09:03:17 PM »
I'm in but with no wrong predictions this time. :-[

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #32: October 11, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »

Sorry, I gave a douchey answer instead of a helpful one. I've only had bad experiences driving into town but then again I've never driven to the park.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #33: October 11, 2012, 09:06:08 PM »
Sorry, I gave a douchey answer instead of a helpful one. I've only had bad experiences driving into town but then again I've never driven to the park.

People who live in the suburbs take the metro during non-commuting hours. Those of us who live in the city drive because Metro is bullcrap at night and on the weekend. Yesterday's game was an exception, I in no way wanted to deal with parking.

Offline miller10

« Reply #34: October 11, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »
Is getting back to lot HH safe?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #35: October 11, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »
Is getting back to lot HH safe?

yes -  there is a stream of people after the game

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #36: October 11, 2012, 09:14:21 PM »
Either way works if you know the ropes. It's all about #Natitude.

Offline capsmp

« Reply #37: October 11, 2012, 09:15:22 PM »
How long of a walk is it to there? Looks like that is available and one other lot a little closer(lot W)

Offline miller10

« Reply #38: October 11, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »
yes -  there is a stream of people after the game

Thanks.  Debating about driving in.  With the 8:30 start, it's going to be a super late game and driving out might be easier (but it's $21 after fees to park there).

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #39: October 11, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
How long of a walk is it to there? Looks like that is available and one other lot a little closer(lot W)

It's .5 to .75 miles, roughly

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #40: October 11, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »
It's .5 to .75 miles, roughly

An easy and safe 10-15 minute walk. Piece o' cake.

Offline capsmp

« Reply #41: October 11, 2012, 09:32:31 PM »
An easy and safe 10-15 minute walk. Piece o' cake.
Thanks. If anyone wants to meet up for the game at the red porch, the outfield, etc let me know. Was able to grab 1 SRO.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #42: October 11, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
Thanks. If anyone wants to meet up for the game at the red porch, the outfield, etc let me know. Was able to grab 1 SRO.

I'm sure a lot of people will be there early! I know I will.

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #43: October 11, 2012, 09:49:56 PM »
I see nats.com is all out of tickets under $200.  Great.  Stubhub is up to $85 for standing room only.  I guess I'll just wait til tomorrow afternoon when the people selling drop their prices.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #44: October 11, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »
Be there or be square!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #45: October 11, 2012, 10:25:14 PM »
I'll be there
The crowd is awesome
don't try to do a lot of moving down to better seats, they seem to stay full.
just enjoy it!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #46: October 11, 2012, 10:38:04 PM »
Title is self-explanatory.

I'll be there, planning on taking the metro.  Any advice from people who've already been to an NLDS game is welcomed.

Get there early as others have mentioned.  Had to come from work today, got there about 3:40 and all gates were jammed.  Avoid the CF gates and use one of the side gates.  They even opened the gate on 1st street today (the one by the kids playground) which is normally only open for exiting after the game.

If you take Metro:

-If you're on the Orange/Blue lines, get off at Capitol South - it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the park.  Just make a u-turn once you exit the station and walk south to the park.  This avoids the Green line crowds and the crush of people at Navy Yard.  This is definitely a better option going home too.

-If you're coming in on the Yellow line from Virginia, don't get off at L'Enfant Plaza to switch to the Green line.  Stay on another stop and get off at Archives.  Archives has a single center platform so you just walk across to make your transfer, whereas at L'Enfant Plaza you have to go up and over to get to the opposite platform.  You also then can get on a Green line train before the bulk of the crowds at L'Enfant.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #47: October 11, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »
I drive. We get home far more quickly than on the subway. The key is to know your route in and out and to have the timing down. I don't talk about where I park, but tomorrow it will cost me $1 or $2 tops. We live in Virginia, BTW (Kingstowne).

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #48: October 11, 2012, 10:53:48 PM »
If you take Metro:

-If you're on the Orange/Blue lines, get off at Capitol South - it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the park.  Just make a u-turn once you exit the station and walk south to the park.  This avoids the Green line crowds and the crush of people at Navy Yard.  This is definitely a better option going home too.

-If you're coming in on the Yellow line from Virginia, don't get off at L'Enfant Plaza to switch to the Green line.  Stay on another stop and get off at Archives.  Archives has a single center platform so you just walk across to make your transfer, whereas at L'Enfant Plaza you have to go up and over to get to the opposite platform.  You also then can get on a Green line train before the bulk of the crowds at L'Enfant.

To add to that:

-Green Line: If you're going north and you're NOT getting off before Chinatown/Mt. Vernon Square, then make sure to get on the train to GREENBELT. This avoid you having to get off at Mt. Vernon to get on another train.

-Red Line: If you're transferring from the green line to the red line, MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE RIGHT STAIRS when you get off! There are signs above each set of steps telling you whether that platform goes to Shady Grove or Glenmont. I've gone up the wrong set of steps more than once.

Also if you're going to Glenmont just transfer to the red line at Fort Totten instead of Chinatown.

And finally, the Metro trip planner is your best friend. It'll help you determine how much fare you'll spend and around how long it will take you to get there, though the trip time is optimistic  :roll:

http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/tripplanner/tripplanner_form_solo.cfm

Offline BCH89

« Reply #49: October 12, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »
I'll be there