Author Topic: Lannan Watch  (Read 17243 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Lannan Watch
« Topic Start: April 13, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
Lannan - 3 IP, 5 R, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 BB

Offline PC

Re: Lannan Watch
« Reply #1: April 13, 2012, 07:56:27 PM »
Ok it's official.  Lannan sucks.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2: April 13, 2012, 07:56:44 PM »
Lannan - 3 IP, 5 R, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 BB

I ain't a particular Lannan fan but I hate to see that.

Offline PC

« Reply #3: April 13, 2012, 08:35:55 PM »
Lannan just gave up a 3-run homer.

Offline PC

« Reply #4: April 13, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »
And Lannan is out of the game. 

4IP, 9H, 8R, 4ER, 3BB, 3SO, 1HR

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #5: April 13, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »
And Lannan is out of the game. 

4IP, 9H, 8R, 4ER, 3BB, 3SO, 1HR

his confidence has got to be shot.  Sad to see.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #6: April 13, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
his confidence has got to be shot.  Sad to see.

yeah that would really suck to be him.

but hes also making 5 million more than I am

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #7: April 13, 2012, 09:48:25 PM »
Apparently I'm the only person that thinks this doesn't mean anything.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #8: April 13, 2012, 09:53:50 PM »
It Is sad.  I mean he went to AA to get his pitching straightened out and he was doing well.  He probably thought that would be the last time he'd be down.

Its gotta affect you.

Huge Lannan fan here.  Hope he gets going again.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #9: April 13, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
:(

Offline Coladar

« Reply #10: April 14, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »
So dude has a WHIP of what, 2.000 and opponent's BA of a. 500? Yeah yeah yeah.. It's one game and just three innings! But this is ducking AAA. Come on, at this point this many years in the majors, I don't expect those numbers at all.. Maybe a decimal point off,. 050 and a WHIP of. 200. And that's not asking a ton in just one game, three IP, and against AAA. That's the most insane part, but his numbers are so bad that in baseball, where a decimal is an insane difference.

This is why it's easy to dislike Lannan and want him off the franchise period. First, he's too erratic.. But to demand a trade after the demotion when you still have games like this, and get paid the amount he gets paid, the ego that displays is staggering. He should be glad the organization didn't release him, as the Nats are the only team that might have put him back up at some point.. Another team he languishes in the minors until he retires. And you can't say that doesn't happen. It has, and it did to Lannan's most recent parallel, John Patterson. Former ace languishes in the minors in another teams organization. . He's lucky he's not in AA, as he was very recently, and sucked, and still got called up only to perform we!!. Maybe the reason he has some success in the majors and none in the the minors in the past few years is because he doesn't even try there, thinking himself too good to be pitching there.. Because he has really, really sucked when demoted lately. But yeah, quite bad numbers and I think with the depth of pitching we now have, it's bye bye Lannan time.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #11: April 14, 2012, 12:34:02 AM »
He should've upgraded to 128 ramz

Offline blue911

« Reply #12: April 14, 2012, 12:40:13 AM »
He should've upgraded to 128 ramz

That won't work at AAA. He'll need 256GM minimum.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #13: April 14, 2012, 02:07:22 AM »

agreed.  he can pitch for a major league team, no problem.  results - in this case - are meaningless.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #14: April 14, 2012, 02:40:32 AM »
agreed.  he can pitch for a major league team, no problem.  results - in this case - are meaningless.

I still say it's psychological, that he just doesn't think he should be in the minors at this point in his career, thus not trying or putting any real effort into his starts. He was godawful in AA last June. He was getting destroyed, aside from one or two gems, and brought back up only due to desperation on the Nats part. Then he returned to form, and pitched well with a couple stinkers mixed in. So bottom line, even though he's clearly not as bad as it looks when he is in the minors, I don't think having someone who isn't always giving 100% regardless of the legitimacy of the reasons is someone I want to see anywhere near our ML roster.

End result is I'd be willing to bet big time he continues sucking in AAA with a couple decent games mixed in. If he ever gets called up due to injuries, I would likewise bet he'll perform well, with a couple stinkers thrown in. Add that to his demands to be traded and the current level of talent we have at the SP level, do we really want someone like that in the organization, particularly a #4 or 5 SP at best? He's definitely not as bad as this one game indicates, and yeah, it is just three freaking innings. But I think it all adds up to a point where Lannan, if we got ideal output from him based on career numbers, just isn't worth it considering lack of effort and demands to be traded. The guy just ain't that good, and the face he was our ace for quite a while is just sad, but definitely not a source of legitimacy for arguing he's "just too good" to let go so early, based on so little. Lannan has some amazing games mixed in with horrible ones, and his career numbers aren't indicative of just how bad he can be at points due to being balanced out by legitimate ace SP games.

And no, he needs at least a freaking terabyte of memory. 128 for a SP? Wtf are you on? His fastball will be way too slow with only 128gb, come on. A terabyte of ram, and he should be getting 95fps on his fastball, easy. 128gb of memory, come on. Nobody uses that little this day and age, if you don't have at least 256gb, you are in some very serious trouble. I bet with only 128gb, you only have a dual core processor, too. Real men have 16 cores at least, and I hope Lannan has at least 64 cores in his processor. Moar cores, moar RAM!

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #15: April 14, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »

I agree with you. Lannan has proved that he is a respectable major-league starter.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #16: April 15, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »
Lannan continues to get rocked in 'Cuse. He pitched 4 innings and gave up 9 hits ,8 runs tho only 4 were earned, 3 walks and 3 K and has an ERA of 13.50 for two starts.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #17: April 15, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »
Why is it people bring up salary and compare it to their own and think that they are stuck up?  Hello!  Its NOT A FAIR COMPARISON.  Its what the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY PAYS!  You dont complain when an actor gets 10 mil a film!

What's the minimum salary now?  5mil isnt all that much for a veteran player!

Of course he asked for a trade.  He's a MAJOR LEAGUE PITCHER!  To be sent down is an insult.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #18: April 15, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »
Of course he asked for a trade.  He's a MAJOR LEAGUE PITCHER!  To be sent down is an insult.

I'm not particularly a Lannan fan but after being told he'd be the 5th starter and then being sent down ..  that's an insult.    Plus, he has to see the writing on the wall long term with some of the arms we have in the minors, the Lerners opening the check book, etc.   I feel for the guy but ...  it's business.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #19: April 15, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
CALSGR8, five million is 10 times as much as the minimum salary.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #20: April 15, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Yea, I'll definitely let you insult me for five million bucks

Offline The Chief

« Reply #21: April 15, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
Tired of hearing about how much he makes.  We're all filthy stinking rich compared to most of the people in the world.  Does that mean we also lose the right to have feelings, receive empathy, complain about anything, etc?  This line of thinking is silly.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #22: April 15, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »
I am sure there are no dinosaurs who are as prosperous as the chief. 

Well, except for Barney, Baby Bop, and Godzilla, but only if they get a cut of the merchandise.

:)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #23: April 15, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
Actually I'm quite underpaid :(

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #24: April 15, 2012, 01:05:05 PM »
Relative to Baby Bop.