Author Topic: Debbi Taylor Returns to MASN  (Read 19699 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Debbie Taylor Returns to MASN
« Reply #50: December 17, 2009, 05:24:16 PM »
Which by the way are two of the top standards she should be held to, but o.k. .....

She gets the job done. At times, she makes the interviews boring and meaningless. But her job is to do stories before games and do interviews and such during games. She does all that just fine.

She could definitely be improved upon and I will make fun of her just as much as everyone else (and find some of the jokes hilarious), but she's decent enough.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #51: December 17, 2009, 05:32:23 PM »
The interviews that she does while the game is in progress are infuriating. A competent interviewer knows how to pause during action and resume discussion between pitches. If she can't learn that technique she needs to find another job. That, and her habit of starting nearly every question with "how important is it that ....".    I have no use for her.

And Tom, take a closer look.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #52: December 17, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »
I think she's kind of cute.
in an ugly sorta way.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #53: December 17, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »

That's considered ugly?  I mean she's no beauty queen or anything, but she's not a bad looking woman at all.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #54: December 17, 2009, 06:51:12 PM »
Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #55: December 17, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That's considered ugly?  I mean she's no beauty queen or anything, but she's not a bad looking woman at all.

Last call !

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #56: December 17, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »

she's a poor man ari's wife (entourage).

also the sleeveless shirt is a turnoff.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #57: December 17, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »
she's a poor man ari's wife (entourage).

also the sleeveless shirt is a turnoff.

That's what I thought when I looked at the picture. The resemblance between the 2 is uncanny, yet one of them is ugly and the other is not.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #58: December 17, 2009, 08:18:03 PM »
She gets the job done. At times, she makes the interviews boring and meaningless. But her job is to do stories before games and do interviews and such during games. She does all that just fine.

She could definitely be improved upon and I will make fun of her just as much as everyone else (and find some of the jokes hilarious), but she's decent enough.
She does a terrible job. The stories suck and her questions are pathetic.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #59: December 17, 2009, 08:20:44 PM »
She does a terrible job. The stories suck and her questions are pathetic.

What do you expect her to do? Do an investigative piece on front office corruption? I hate to say it, but most sideline reporters for teams have to do crappy stories all the time, especially when the team sucks ass.

She's no Erin Andrews, that's for sure. There's a reason she's only on MASN for the Nats. But she does work hard (from what I can tell), brings an actual joy to her work, and while she has some pretty hilarious flaws (well, you guys make them hilarious), I don't really care if she's brought back or not. Whoever they brought in wouldn't be much better, most likely.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #60: December 17, 2009, 08:37:18 PM »
So guys, how does this news make you feel? What's it like being here in this thread? Can you describe the emotions that you're feeling? How are you feeling?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #61: December 17, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
So guys, how does this news make you feel? What's it like being here in this thread? Can you describe the emotions that you're feeling? How are you feeling?

Nah, it's more, "How did you feel after you hit the game-winning home run?"

"Do you like playing baseball?"

"Were you happy to win?"

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #62: December 17, 2009, 10:48:14 PM »
I guess the '1' I gave her on the MASN survey was not enough to get her fired.

And, as I've said before, Debbi would definitely get it from me.

The one thing I've always question though is the nose ring in her left nostril. How in the world is that considered professional?

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #63: December 17, 2009, 11:22:48 PM »
I would expect nothing less from MASN. Remember..MASN is Baltimore first, so they'll stick us with Debbi Taylor for as long as she wants to stay while Orioles fans get Amber Theoharis. Thanks MASN.

Seriously though..I'm more concerned about winning some baseball games. You could stick AZ's ass out there as reporter for all I care as long as we get some winning baseball.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #64: December 17, 2009, 11:25:58 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still trying to find Hagersburg.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #65: December 17, 2009, 11:28:43 PM »

Don't the girls all get prettier at closing time?  Not that one.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #66: December 18, 2009, 12:52:26 AM »
Don't the girls all get prettier at closing time?  Not that one.
It must have just been that long then, because I don't find her near as ugly as everyone else seems to.  Her reporting isn't anything to write home about though.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #67: December 18, 2009, 08:20:08 AM »
Last call !

Win.

And at last call, Ms. Taylor wouldn't look so bad.

Offline Blingon

« Reply #68: December 18, 2009, 03:23:07 PM »
Yeah, she isn't hot or anything but I would do her, even sober.  Doesn't her husband work for the Nats as a scout?

And she does terrible interview with both players and "celebs" in the audience. 

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #69: December 18, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »
    And........How did it feel getting hit with that baseball in the back? Answer: Oh just fine, Debbie, everyone should try it some time - it builts character...
   Or how about, what did you think when the runner stole 2B on you? Answer: Gee Debbie, I didn't know he was that fast..
   Or Adam, how did it feel when you missed that pop-up in LF? Answer: What pop-up in LF are you talking about Debbie?
     I mean what the hell is the player suppose to say, to those idiot question!   :roll:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #70: December 18, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »
It must have just been that long then, because I don't find her near as ugly as everyone else seems to.  Her reporting isn't anything to write home about though.

i think this is a case of people not being shallow. normally people see pretty girls and dont care about stupidity or the girl is ugly and people dont see the inner beauty. this is a rare case where the attractiveness is decent but she is just SO freaking dumb.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #71: December 18, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
i think this is a case of people not being shallow. normally people see pretty girls and dont care about stupidity or the girl is ugly and people dont see the inner beauty. this is a rare case where the attractiveness is decent but she is just SO freaking dumb.
Oh, I'm sure everyone here is only making the ugly claim because they think she's dumb :roll:

her reporting sucks.  I wouldn't call her dumb though, we have no idea what kind of person she is off camera.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #72: December 18, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »
Yeah, she isn't hot or anything but I would do her, even sober. 

no

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #73: December 19, 2009, 01:27:32 AM »
Her fluff pieces are probably left pretty much up to her...I doubt some MASN producer shouted out from behind the screen, "Debbi, you must expound on the famous barbecue at Mets games"

Offline blue911

« Reply #74: December 19, 2009, 09:22:45 AM »
I hate all sideline reporters.