Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2  (Read 19218 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #325: May 01, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
you had me going along with you until that last one, what's left for Bernadina to accomplish in AAA?  We need to give him a few weeks to see if he can take the RF job and run with it, and if not we need to find someone else.

Agreed.  The Blo's gave Markakis months to get his head around batting at the MLB level.  Go with Rog/Max/Morse platooning in RF for the time being and stop screwing around with it.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #326: May 01, 2010, 10:07:07 PM »
What purpose does having Taveras on the roster accomplish?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #327: May 01, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
What purpose does having Taveras on the roster accomplish?

Obviously to take heat away from Guzman for stinking it up! :)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #328: May 01, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »
i still hate our RF situation and I'm going to nag about it until they fix it.  Bernadina is not the answer.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #329: May 01, 2010, 10:45:37 PM »
This was the first game Desmond didn't make an appearance.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #330: May 01, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »
i still hate our RF situation and I'm going to nag about it until they fix it.  Bernadina is not the answer.

100 PAs over 3 years, with a leg injury mixed in, is not enough to say that for sure.  Just a stupid fantasy baseball approach and I'm glad we have a front office/manager now that have functioning brains and won't do something that idiotic.

I'll give a chance to a good defender who has put up a 12% BB/9 rate and hope his contact numbers get better.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #331: May 01, 2010, 11:07:26 PM »
100 PAs over 3 years, with a leg injury mixed in, is not enough to say that for sure.  Just a stupid fantasy baseball approach and I'm glad we have a front office/manager now that have functioning brains and won't do something that idiotic.

I'll give a chance to a good defender who has put up a 12% BB/9 rate and hope his contact numbers get better.

glad you know all the answers 8).  to each his own.  bernadina's major league track record is pathetic.  oh well.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #332: May 02, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »
glad you know all the answers 8).  to each his own.  bernadina's major league track record is pathetic.  oh well.

Bernadina's MLB track record is 100 PAs over 3 years with a serious leg injury mixed in and he's still only 25.  HE DOESN'T HAVE A TRACK RECORD YET!  It's completely f'n stupid to write someone off at that point without giving them a solid month, at least, to show if they can get their act together at the MLB level.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #333: May 02, 2010, 01:43:23 AM »
:clap:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #334: May 02, 2010, 01:43:40 AM »
Josh Johnson is going to :whip: our ass later today. oh well :|

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #335: May 02, 2010, 01:50:25 AM »
Josh Johnson is going to :whip: our ass later today. oh well :|

Yep.  Pudge made some freakin excuse about Chris Volstad being tall and thus his pitches are tough to pick up.

Guess what, jerks?  Josh Johnson is tall too, and so is that Pelfrey guy in the division.  Buck up and learn to hit against these guys or GTFO.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #336: May 02, 2010, 01:52:48 AM »
Yep.  Pudge made some freakin excuse about Chris Volstad being tall and thus his pitches are tough to pick up.

Guess what, jerks?  Josh Johnson is tall too, and so is that Pelfrey guy in the division.  Buck up and learn to hit against these guys or GTFO.
damn straight. there is no excuse for this bullcrap. We have seen Josh Johnson countless times over the last few seasons. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to hit off him later today.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #337: May 02, 2010, 01:56:09 AM »
Well it'd at least make sense if they struggle against JJ a little bit since he's really good, but VOLSTAD???  The guy's turning into a washout.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #338: May 02, 2010, 11:29:29 AM »
Bernadina's MLB track record is 100 PAs over 3 years with a serious leg injury mixed in and he's still only 25.  HE DOESN'T HAVE A TRACK RECORD YET!  It's completely f'n stupid to write someone off at that point without giving them a solid month, at least, to show if they can get their act together at the MLB level.

If they are going to see if he and Maxwell can do anything at the big league level, now is the time to see if it can be done. I'm all for playing these guys to see if they can do it. My expectations for their success are low. It isn't just that the MLB numbers aren't good in the small sample, it's also the observation of the at bats. Maxwell at least seems to be more selective than he has been and taking some walks. But neither he nor Bernadina look comfortable at the plate. it's not uncommon for inexperienced guys to look overmatched until they get some playing time in, but I've never seen Bernadina look like a big leaguer at the plate. But you have to give them a chance, and letting them platoon so at least they see favorable matchups is the best way to set them up for success IF they are going to pan out.