Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118672 times)

Offline PC

Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #225: December 21, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »

No one has addressed the logical flaw that the MASN money hasn't changed yet and isn't guaranteed to do so. Or the fact that they could sign Prince and Cespedes.

If they sign no one I will be pissed.

Even without the additional money from the tv contract, the Nationals payroll should still be higher.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #226: December 21, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »
What happened to your hopes and dreams of the Nats signing some studs?

the lerners took those dreams, stuffed them up their ass, and crapped it down the toilet.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #227: December 21, 2011, 10:21:35 PM »
Plus, I get to speak up now. Lets not forget I am a Nats fan too/NOW!

More sanity  :clap:

Even without the additional money from the tv contract, the Nationals payroll should still be higher.

PANatsFan and the Lerners are the only ones that beg to differ.  :bang:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #228: December 21, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
the lerners took those dreams, stuffed them up their ass, and crapped it down the toilet.

Eh, they're incompetent maroons, expect it and you'll be ok.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #229: December 21, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »
Desmond is getting his shot. Bernadina will get his this year. Espinosa is getting his. Lombo should get his. Give Stammen a whole year in the bigs. Thats the kind of " Shot" I am talking about. Being on a shuttle back and forth to Syracuse is no shot whomever the player is, that's all I am saying.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #230: December 21, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »
Not true...Bally 40 games as a reliever at a 3.81 ERA with 56 innin gs and 62 K's compared to 139 innings that Perry had in Detroit. Now that organization knows how to give a fair shot! Like this year...I hope the give Detwiler his fair shot and start him all year long so he doesn't have to pitch while looking over his shoul;der all the time. .
Most of his innings were in mop up fashion. He didn't have consistent enough command to stick. Who is/was he better than in our current bullpen? This is the Majors, it's all about pitching while looking over your shoulder. If someone doesn't get it done they will get the boot to the Minors.

I wish Balester well in Detroit, hopefully he makes the team and does well.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #231: December 21, 2011, 10:23:46 PM »
If that crap about the baseball people having to make presentations to the Lerners before they sign off on cutting checks, then I hope we see more articles like this.  One of these Boz articles per week is what I'd hope we'd see.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #232: December 21, 2011, 10:23:51 PM »
Why is this surprising? Remember at the Winter Meetings when the unnamed Nats brass was complaining Lerners had to change? This is just an extension of that idea.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #233: December 21, 2011, 10:24:22 PM »
If that crap about the baseball people having to make presentations to the Lerners before they sign off on cutting checks, then I hope we see more articles like this.  One of these Boz articles per week is what I'd hope we'd see.

Hasn't that been the rumor for years though?

Offline PC

« Reply #234: December 21, 2011, 10:26:09 PM »
The bargain bin signings are what really brings this even more to light.  How does adding Carlos Rivero to the 40-man roster make this team likely to win more games?

Having all of these other top level free agents go by and signing the likes of Mike Cameron and Carlos Rivero is a slap in the face.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #235: December 21, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »
Why is this surprising? Remember at the Winter Meetings when the unnamed Nats brass was complaining Lerners had to change? This is just an extension of that idea.

That was a throwaway line at the end of a Kilgore blog entry (if I'm thinking of the same thing you're referring to).

This is on another level - it looks a lot like Rizzo just went to Boz and gave him the dirt and told him to spread the word.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #236: December 21, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »
Don't bring the saintly Mike Cameron into this thread!

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #237: December 21, 2011, 10:27:17 PM »
What a freaking mess.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #238: December 21, 2011, 10:27:19 PM »
The bargain bin signings are what really brings this even more to light.  How does adding Carlos Rivero to the 40-man roster make this team likely to win more games?

Having all of these other top level free agents go by and signing the likes of Mike Cameron and Carlos Rivero is a slap in the face.

Yeah, that's depressing if that turns out to be all there is

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #239: December 21, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »
That just moved them from god-awful to bad and from bad to mediocre.  It's a stretch to call that delivering.  It's certainly not winning.

Delivering back to back 10 game improvements is a resume enhancer, not a detractor.  It improves his job prospects in the future, does not negatively impact them in the least.  Every performance has to be evaluated in the context in which it is delivered.  And with the well publicised constraints on spending under which Rizzo operates, he's going to be positively judged on his brief tenure to date.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #240: December 21, 2011, 10:27:56 PM »
ASSCLOWN is right here. Collin frankly never reached his potential in DC, I hope he does in Detroit. The Syracuse shuttle can't be fun but that's what the option system is designed for. He was given a chance to start and and a long look as a reliever.

As for Peralta, he was a scrap heap got that got a fair shot in DC, but he wasn't needed last season, the bullpen was great.

Hanrahan in DC was one of the worst pitchers I have ever seen, and the Nats pitched Antonio Osuna. He also got a much bigger shot in DC than in LA.

There's valid points being made about the team, payroll, etc. The mass hysteria affect is shouting down reason, however.

Boswell BASES his whole piece on the MASN money, which is a logical flaw. It's a poor piece because he focused on emotion and not on the fact that the MASN money is actually irrelevant to the low payroll.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #241: December 21, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »

This has been known for years (since they took over) so how is this a shocker?

We’ll have to give up lots of promising cheap labor and we’ll have to pay the new star immediately.

That will never go well with this ownership group.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #242: December 21, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
Most of his innings were in mop up fashion. He didn't have consistent enough command to stick. Who is/was he better than in our current bullpen? This is the Majors, it's all about pitching while looking over your shoulder. If someone doesn't get it done they will get the boot to the Minors.

I wish Balester well in Detroit, hopefully he makes the team and does well.
I feel bad for the Nats fan base. They should sign Oswalt, Extend Zim, give J Zimm a multi year deal, Lock up Clipp and Morse to 3-5 year deals to show the fan base these guys are here to stay... if they aren't going to make a big splash this off season.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #243: December 21, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
Hopefully this time around this LAC idea gets more traction in the baseball world and something is done to overthrow the cheapazzes

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #244: December 21, 2011, 10:29:47 PM »
Hasn't that been the rumor for years though?

Pretty much an established fact that the old man signs off on every expense, not just player contracts, everything.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #245: December 21, 2011, 10:30:23 PM »
It's a poor piece because he focused on emotion and not on the fact that the MASN money is actually irrelevant to the low payroll.

So they should be spending regardless?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #246: December 21, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
I feel bad for the Nats fan base.

I don't, there's only so many times someone can show you who they really are before you have to believe them.  For me, it's been pretty apparent (even before I followed the Nats) that the Lerners were incompetent.  This offseason is only cementing that fact further for me.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #247: December 21, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »
it looks a lot like Rizzo just went to Boz and gave him the dirt and told him to spread the word.

Yes.  This, in particular, is a little too timely for comfort:

However, here’s what’s worse that not opening the checkbook for free agents — and it’s what I suspect is happening now. If your baseball people say, “We finally have the prospects to trade for a key piece. We’ll have to give up lots of promising cheap labor and we’ll have to pay the new star immediately. But it’s the right move,” then the owner should say, “Yes!”

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #248: December 21, 2011, 10:31:04 PM »
So they should be spending regardless?

Of  course.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #249: December 21, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »

Of  course.

But they haven't been spending for years so the LAC?