Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2  (Read 55916 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #425: September 04, 2007, 10:15:15 PM »
This really could this be the most satisfying (opposite of the normal adjective used here) win of the season?

this win was great and all, but i say the marathon rain delay game vs the Marlins earlier this season, in May i think. That was the best and most satisfying. Zimmerman ended it with a walk-off grand salami. It was a classic, the game ended in the early morning. I would say that was the best W of the yr.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #426: September 04, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »
This really could this be the most satisfying (opposite of the normal adjective used here) win of the season?
I'd put it in the top 5 of most improbable wins of the year. 

oakviewnatfan

« Reply #427: September 04, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »
I had to leave the game after the eighth inning double play debacle with Lopez because it was so painful to watch us not tie the game. My only hope was to listen to it on the way home which was even harder when Belliard popped up the bunt.  Then Flores hit the game winning double when I was pulling in the driveway so I got to see the whip cream in his face.
It was a wierd game.  First three innings they looked great getting to Willis and Hill had 5 K's.  Then from the 4th to the 8th they looked like the Nats of April with mental error after mental error as well as physical errors.  Luckily the bullpen did an amazing job to keep it close.  Then Tony B. almost ties with a drive to the fence followed by the Logan double and infield hit by Lopez.  Watching the double play was very painful.
After all the nonsense in Colorado and LA they deserve to win a game like this!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #428: September 04, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »
I had to leave the game after the eighth inning double play debacle with Lopez because it was so painful to watch us not tie the game. My only hope was to listen to it on the way home which was even harder when Belliard popped up the bunt.  Then Flores hit the game winning double when I was pulling in the driveway so I got to see the whip cream in his face.
It was a wierd game.  First three innings they looked great getting to Willis and Hill had 5 K's.  Then from the 4th to the 8th they looked like the Nats of April with mental error after mental error as well as physical errors.  Luckily the bullpen did an amazing job to keep it close.  Then Tony B. almost ties with a drive to the fence followed by the Logan double and infield hit by Lopez.  Watching the double play was very painful.

^ HOW COULD U LEAVE? That's blasphemy.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #429: September 04, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »

Saddest thing there is that you left and didn't get to see it! I'd be crazy pissed!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #430: September 04, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »
Wow, what an ending to the game!! JC redeems himself, Pena does the clutch hit, Langerhans (?) contributes, and we pull out of the hat a win that I had honestly (to my shame) given up on.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #431: September 04, 2007, 10:19:03 PM »
this win was great and all, but i say the marathon rain delay game vs the Marlins earlier this season, in May i think. That was the best and most satisfying. Zimmerman ended it with a walk-off grand salami. It was a classic, the game ended in the early morning. I would say that was the best W of the yr.

That game gets my vote. I was so up after the game that I couldn't sleep for hours!

Offline PC

« Reply #432: September 04, 2007, 10:22:26 PM »
I'd put it in the top 5 of most improbable wins of the year. 

It's definitely THE most improbable win of the year, with all of the things that went wrong tonight, and come out with a win on the last at-bat of the night! :shock:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #433: September 04, 2007, 10:34:36 PM »
Church and Langerhans were pumped up at the plate to greet Peña.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #434: September 04, 2007, 10:37:41 PM »
Was it shaving cream or whipped cream?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #435: September 04, 2007, 10:40:11 PM »

Most likely shaving cream. I wouldn't think there'd be whipped cream within grasp of the dugout... Oh yeah I forgot we have Young (plus maybe King left a couple cans in his locker) :?

Offline saltydad

« Reply #436: September 04, 2007, 10:41:02 PM »
Most likely shaving cream. I wouldn't think there'd be whipped cream within grasp of the dugout... Oh yeah I forgot we have Young (plus maybe King left a couple cans in his locker) :?

:rofl:  (that must sting)

Offline PC

« Reply #437: September 04, 2007, 10:41:22 PM »

I hope it was whipped cream.  I remember Lavar Arrington did this to Sean Taylor and messed up his eyes for about a week.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #438: September 04, 2007, 10:46:17 PM »
I hope it was whipped cream.  I remember Lavar Arrington did this to Sean Taylor and messed up his eyes for about a week.

Yeah but I think they exaggerated that incident. Flores won't play for a couple days so he'll be all right. He just needs to be ready for the Braves this weekend.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #439: September 04, 2007, 11:10:51 PM »
Picture of the Night

Flores with the game-winning swing

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #440: September 04, 2007, 11:41:05 PM »
"The crowd of 15,611 was the lowest in the three years the Nationals have played at RFK Stadium."

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #441: September 05, 2007, 12:34:34 AM »

Too bad you had to leave. I noticed that some people left after the 8th. And the crowd was one of the sparsest of the year following a pretty decent showing over the weekend. Day after a holiday weekend is always a ghosttown. But it was an excited crowd, and the drama really made it special. Just a fun weekend of games. These walkoffs are making these guys really feel they can win any game. I love that so many people contributed to this win.