Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2  (Read 20972 times)

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2
« Reply #425: May 13, 2008, 09:58:38 PM »
Well, I'm watching the Nats broadcast, so I don't want to see some Wall Street jack off having a good time.
Lucky you

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #426: May 13, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »
GAME OVER.  WE LOSE.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #427: May 13, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »
Lucky you
Oh, I get it.  You're being sarcastic.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #428: May 13, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
I think "smug prick" pretty much describes everyone who plays for the Mets.  If you don't have it when you get there, you catch it pretty quickly.  Can we classify the Mets as a venereal disease?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #429: May 13, 2008, 10:02:53 PM »
I think "smug prick" pretty much describes everyone who plays for the Mets.  If you don't have it when you get there, you catch it pretty quickly.  Can we classify the Mets as a venereal disease?
Yep, just look at every single player on that team. All pompous, smug dicks. I can't think of one guy on that team who isn't a douche. 

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #430: May 13, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »
You'd think that collapse they had would teach them some humility, but they and their fans still strut around like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #431: May 13, 2008, 10:03:49 PM »
You're images are disturbing...I'd need to compensate:

Figures:

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #432: May 13, 2008, 10:03:51 PM »
Phil Wood looks a little more lifelike tonight.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #433: May 13, 2008, 10:04:18 PM »
The way we are playing we should you shut the hell-up and get a new screename if you haven't noticed he has lost it.
Then I guess you should change your username to "Metsman" you pedantic asshat.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #434: May 13, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »
I just realized I broke my remote on Kearns misjudging that liner.  Damn.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #435: May 13, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »
I was looking at a Mets board last night after the game and they were crowing how much they ripped us off on the trade.   Real intelligent; judging a trade after a month and a half. 

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #436: May 13, 2008, 10:11:25 PM »
BIG EARS IS USELESS. SURE LOOKED LIKE A GOLD GLOVER MISJUDGING THAT LINER. TIME TO TRADE THE BIG EARED BUM.

o well, at least DUKES hit a SCORCHER down the third base line for a double. then defensively he threw a LASER to second, if it weren't for flop lolly-gagging he would've thrown out the runner at 2nd. he's a BEAST. the first hit monkey is off his back and now he's gonna go on a TEAR!

r.z.'s homer was also very nice, he crushed it. zimmerman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wright.

tomorrow should be an automatic win vs vargas.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #437: May 13, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »
Then I guess you should change your username to "Metsman" you pedantic asshat.

Somebody should be bbq552

And they DO have an asshat Smiley:

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #438: May 13, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »
I was looking at a Mets board last night after the game and they were crowing how much they ripped us off on the trade.   Real intelligent; judging a trade after a month and a half. 

i'm telling ya, the mutts have benefit so far in the early going but we are going to benefit from it far more for the next 10+ years. i still believe that without a doubt millz is a future surefire star.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #439: May 13, 2008, 10:17:38 PM »
i'm telling ya, the mutts have benefit so far in the early going but we are going to benefit from it far more for the next 10+ years. i still believe that without a doubt millz is a future surefire star.
I hope so and it certainly is too early to judge any trade. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #440: May 13, 2008, 10:27:46 PM »
Manny is annoying the crap out of me. His press conferences are so freaking boring. A reporter asked him about Kearns' mishap in the field and all Manny said was that Church hit the ball hard. Nothing about Kearns blowing the game right there on that 1 play by not backing up and making the easy catch.

MrMadison

« Reply #441: May 13, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »
the Milledge trade is a "Big Picture" trade.

we won't win it NOW. right now the Mets will smell like roses in this. they traded a young kid for two players in their primes.

but in the future, as Milledge matures as a a player, and Church/Schneider come back down to earth, and revert back to what they've always been, and then begin the downside of their careers, the trade will tip in our favor.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #442: May 13, 2008, 10:29:55 PM »

we won't win it NOW. right now the Mets will smell like roses in this. they traded a young kid for two players in their primes.

but in the future, as Milledge matures as a a player, and Church/Schneider come back down to earth, and revert back to what they've always been, and then begin the downside of their careers, the trade will tip in our favor.

What if Milledge is a complete bust and plays like he is playing right now for the rest of his time here?

MrMadison

« Reply #443: May 13, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »
What if Milledge is a complete bust and plays like he is playing right now for the rest of his time here?

then, the Mets win the trade. that is a risk you take when you trade with and for prospects.

but I have confidence that this won't be the case.

remember, this is Milledge's first full season in the Majors.  I think a lot of people, in both the Nats, and Mets side, have lost sight of this.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #444: May 13, 2008, 10:32:22 PM »
then, the Mets win the trade.

but I have confidence that this won't be the case.

remember, this is Milledge's first full season in the Majors.
I'm well aware of that. I must be blind but I see nothing from Milledge right now that would lead me to believe that he will be a long-term solution in the OF for us. 

MrMadison

« Reply #445: May 13, 2008, 10:33:45 PM »
I'm well aware of that. I must be blind but I see nothing from Milledge right now that would lead me to believe that he will be a long-term solution in the OF for us. 

well, you do tend to see things in a "what have you done for me lately" manner, so I can understand why you'd take that stance.

Milledge and Kearns are different in that Milledge is just starting out, and Kearns is in the prime of his career, and was expected to have a breakout season this year.

with Milledge, it will require patience.

with Kearns, his goodwill is rapidly running out.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #446: May 13, 2008, 10:37:13 PM »
ONE MORE THING...

DUKES SHOULD START IN CENTER. THAT'S WHERE HIS ATHLETICISM WOULD BE SHOWCASED BEST.

millz is more suited as a corner outfielder.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #447: May 13, 2008, 10:38:02 PM »

I agree except for the statement that places Schneider still in his "prime" :lol:
I still believe Milledge will be a nice player.

well, you do tend to see things in a "what have you done for me lately" manner, so I can understand why you'd take that stance.

You're giving him too much credit. Sporstfan judges things on a pitch to pitch basis :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #448: May 13, 2008, 10:38:08 PM »

Milledge and Kearns are different in that Milledge is just starting out, and Kearns is in the prime of his career, and was expected to have a breakout season this year.

with Milledge, it will require patience.

with Kearns, his goodwill is rapidly running out.
I'm done with Kearns. He is trash. 

It's not just the "what have you done lately" with Milledge.

He is on pace for: .245 AVG/.319 OBP/.338 SLG 4 HR 54 RBI 12 SB 124 K

That's horrible, even for a guy playing in his first full season in the Majors.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #449: May 13, 2008, 10:42:07 PM »
LOL those extrapolated numbers are based on what he has done lately :lol: