Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103568 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Just about any Geico commercial these days. It makes me want to switch insurance.

Offline houston-nat

Just about any Geico commercial these days. It makes me want to switch insurance.

Remember years ago when Geico used to have the funniest ads on TV? What happened to that 6-month window in time?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
The flash mob that gets moved to 12:30.  I'm about as disgusted with that commercial as the redhead in the trench coat is with the guy flopping around like a fish.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
You mean the crappy fake redhead.  Horrible dye job, and not even a good color.

/petpeeve

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
You mean the crappy fake redhead.  Horrible dye job, and not even a good color.

/petpeeve
Aren't most redheads older than 25 fake?

Spider - can you confirm?

Offline 1995hoo

The flash mob that gets moved to 12:30.  I'm about as disgusted with that commercial as the redhead in the trench coat is with the guy flopping around like a fish.

I still don't understand what that guy is supposed to be doing.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The flash mob that gets moved to 12:30.

For me, the 12:30 flash mob commercial is taking on Luna proportions.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
For me, the 12:30 flash mob commercial is taking on Luna proportions.

What's that supposed to be from anyway or is it  made up?

Offline mitlen

What's that supposed to be from anyway or is it  made up?

I don't understand the question if you're asking me.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I mean is that from some movie or musical I haven't seen or is it just made up for the commercial?

Offline mitlen

Oh, I don't know.   I would imagine anything that poorly done has to be a commercial.

Offline 1995hoo

In the past few days I have become extremely sick of that Travelers commercial with the dog and the song that goes "I just want to be OK, be OK, be OK ...." Ugh! Got it stuck in my head yesterday and it drove me nuts!

Offline 1995hoo

The Klondike bar ads are stupid, but I like this parody:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
J-Lo Fiat commercials :hang:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Yeah, market to women the. Hope to sell the Abarth version later, and wonder why it doesn't sell :smh:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
We need more Amway commercials.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Any commercial sponsored by API where they claim they are some friendly-sounding good citizens group (American Energy Future Tomorrow Happiness.Org ! ).

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Geico - never any product knowledge.  Geico hopes the silliness of their commercials will remain in our heads when it's time to buy insurance.  It's a logic only a caveman would follow.

Offline PC

The Geico commercial where the parents eat the daughter's goldfish as sushi.  This isn't funny or cute.  If they had a pet dog would they eat that to save money???

Who greenlights something like this, a commercial where the people are eating household pets and it's supposed to be "clever"????

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
I'm bugged by commercials that show vehicles doing things that they couldn't do if you actually bought that vehicle. So...

#1 on my current crappy commercial list is the Nissan Frontier commercial where they land a passenger jet with a jammed front landing gear in the bed of the pickup. In real life, the downward pressure of a passenger jet landing in a pickup truck results in 4 instantly blown tires and a crushed bed in the truck, whoch would then likely be followed by an imploding, fiery gas tank, and looks of horror from everyone watching from the SkyLounge - instead of a round of applause.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
Remember years ago when Geico used to have the funniest ads on TV? What happened to that 6-month window in time?

I believe that State Farm has taken over in that department. Their Falcon Guy is Monty Pythonesque.

Offline HalfSmokes

the verizon 4g lte commercial may be the most nonsensical high budget piece of crap ever-

so far as I can tell, commandoes jump out of planes and drop balls of 4g on a grateful public?

Offline mitlen

the verizon 4g lte commercial may be the most nonsensical high budget piece of crap ever-

so far as I can tell, commandoes jump out of planes and drop balls of 4g on a grateful public?

I've been lookin' for this thread.   "Nationwide is on your side."

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
the new blind spot commercial is outstanding (the one where the guy is hanging on the side of a car as your blind spot).

I also like the new volkswagon commercial in which the drivers finally figure out the words to rocket man.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Yeah, VW has had some good commercials over the year.  Especially the one for the Scirocco TDI in the UK ;)