Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1  (Read 17854 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #325: August 19, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »
Lincecum 6.0 6 5 5 3 2 1 87-48 2.37   
 This is Lincecum's line from last nights game against the Reds. Very similar to Balester's last start against the Reds. Everyone has lousy games. We don't know which pitches they are making him " Tryout" on Major League hitters. There is no better place to work on things for next year than on Major league hitters.  ( 4 Seam fastball) We will see if Balester will " shake off" pitches more often tonight.
 Balester is due for a good start and I know he wants to get into the 7th inning as his pitch count has been down but his era has been rising.  It seems like when Balester throws what pitches he wants to he had ( 2) - 7 pitch innings.  We will see what happens tonight.

Just keep those pitches down in the zone - those high fastballs end up in the bleachers.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #326: August 19, 2009, 09:27:52 AM »
Just keep those pitches down in the zone - those high fastballs end up in the bleachers.
Boy does he know it!!!  But, he is also learning. He has the stuff.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #327: August 19, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »
had some nice plays defensively

One of which was only saved from going into the dugout by Dunn's catch.

hit the ball well a few times.

lol gimme a break.  If someone said that about anyone else, you'd crucify them.

If RZ had the game that Dunn had tonight people would be killing him :lmao:

They were both 0-for-4.  Oh wait, I forgot that doesn't fit your interpretation of reality.  Zimmerman left more men on base.  Yeah he got a walk, but every time Dunn walks you call him selfish and all that other BS you spew all the time :roll:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #328: August 19, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »

They were both 0-for-4.  Oh wait, I forgot that doesn't fit your interpretation of reality.  Zimmerman left more men on base.  Yeah he got a walk, but every time Dunn walks you call him selfish and all that other BS you spew all the time :roll:

:clap:

It's funny that spinman is in spin mode and is using Lincecum's start last night to make a case for Balester. I'd trade 30 Balesters for Lincecum.  :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #329: August 19, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »
yeah, and fielding a team full of Ronnie Belliards and Odalis Perezes will take you to the promise land just because they are "reliable veterans" :lmao:

We actually don't have a team full of Belliards and Perezes. We have one Belliard and no Perez right now but we do have several of your boys on the team and we still suck. And I'm not even sure where you came up with this response as if you're implying that I'm a Belliard or Perez fan. :? I save my woodies for chicks.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #330: August 19, 2009, 09:39:01 AM »

Saw an article where someone (Balester? No I think it was Detwiler) was saying that as you progress through the minors, down in the zone means lower and lower as hitting prowess improves. PJ Dean was striking out the whole NYPL with high heat, and we traded him right quick for Willingham before scouts caught on.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #331: August 19, 2009, 09:39:31 AM »
yeah, and fielding a team full of Ronnie Belliards and Odalis Perezes will take you to the promise land just because they are "reliable veterans" :lmao:

Straw man much?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #332: August 19, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »
I didn't enjoy the outcome of this game, but I must say it is nice to see at least four players having an average over .300.

amen :clap:

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #333: August 19, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »
Even after that Clippard homerun, I thought we might have a shot in the 9th :'( Especially with Zimm up.

At least it was a competitive game. Those two solo jacks off Burnett and Clippard were downers, especially for Clippard given how good he looked otherwise.

Bergmann continues to be a :pimp: out of the pen :worship:

Hope Bally Star can get us going in the right direction again today.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #334: August 19, 2009, 03:45:27 PM »
Sad thing is, his other peripherals in the big leagues are not bad, but he really has to stop giving up the gopher ball.