Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118466 times)

Offline PC

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Re: Define Natitude
« Reply #276: December 21, 2011, 10:40:39 PM »
Except for all of the stud FA being signed or about to.  Enjoy the 2012 version of Paul LoDuca.
Cespedes, (Although I don't expect us to sign him simply because every other team will be trying too.) Soler, Oswalt, Prince, and a few others are still available, and that doesn't even take trade candidates like Gio Tracker in to consideration.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #277: December 21, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
Never going to happen.  He couldn't buy the Cubs and he's not in on the Dodgers so enjoy Marky Mark Lerner, the shouldhavebeenaBJ assclown.

If the Lerners get busted for bribing officials to get Nats park to be payed by taxes like Loria might then is there any chance they would have to sell?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #278: December 21, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »
It's cool dudes. We're getting Mark DeRosa.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/nationals-mark-derosa-nearing-deal.html?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Quote from: Boz
“We’re busy. We’re trying to be aggressive but broad-minded, we’re working behind the scenes,” Rizzo said on Wednesday, adding that the Nats were working on “bench options.” Bench options? Pine or oak?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #280: December 21, 2011, 10:41:38 PM »
Seriously, if I weren't here to be a foil, this board would be the same three lame posts copied and pasted.

Everyone realizes that a team needs 25 players, and one of them that plays the whole infield is valuable, right?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #281: December 21, 2011, 10:41:51 PM »
If the Lerners get busted for bribing officials to get Nats park to be payed by taxes like Loria might then is there any chance they would have to sell?

From your mouth to God's ear.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #282: December 21, 2011, 10:42:19 PM »
Cespedes, (Although I don't expect us to sign him simply because every other team will be trying too.) Soler, Oswalt, Prince, and a few others are still available, and that doesn't even take trade candidates like Gio Tracker in to consideration.

Odds of any of those happening?  About the same as me playing Jesse Jackson's Bat Mitzvah.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #283: December 21, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »
Seriously, if I weren't here to be a foil, this board would be the same three lame posts copied and pasted.

Everyone realizes that a team needs 25 players, and one of them that plays the whole infield is valuable, right?

I like Derosa but is he Prince, Darvish, Pujols, Reyes, Burley, or wilson?  No he is not.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #284: December 21, 2011, 10:43:11 PM »
i really wish MLB would step in here

Selig handpicked the Lerners.  And he handpicked them because he compensates for being the puppet of the mega-payroll teams by lording over everybody else and instituting insane draft bonus rules to attack the disparity elephant in the room with a fly swatter.  But this is all beside the point.  Ted's pretty old, it probably won't be too long before we find out that Mark is actually a Snyderlike megalomaniac.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #285: December 21, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »

Absolutely.  No one here is saying it's a terrible signing (unlike the ST invites).

Offline PC

« Reply #286: December 21, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »

How much is Mark DeRosa going to help take down the Phillies which should be the publicly stated goal of this team?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #287: December 21, 2011, 10:44:40 PM »
Odds of any of those happening?  About the same as me playing Jesse Jackson's Bat Mitzvah.
I couldn't tell you the odds. Like I said, it's too early to say anything.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #288: December 21, 2011, 10:44:47 PM »
Selig handpicked the Lerners.  And he handpicked them because he compensates for being the puppet of the mega-payroll teams by lording over everybody else and instituting insane draft bonus rules to attack the disparity elephant in the room with a fly swatter.  But this is all beside the point.  Ted's pretty old, it probably won't be too long before we find out that Mark is actually a Snyderlike megalomaniac.

I've always had a feeling Mark is going to go on a massive spending spree when Ted passes on.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #289: December 21, 2011, 10:45:16 PM »
I've always had a feeling Mark is going to go on a massive spending spree when Ted passes on.

Taiwanese whores don't play MLB though.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #290: December 21, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »

Who cares if he buys a lot of legos and nudie mags?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #291: December 21, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »

Do you think so? Does the team get passed to Mark or is there some hokey pokey weird contract something like when the Squire passed and bogarted his son John in the will?

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #292: December 21, 2011, 10:46:45 PM »
It's cool dudes. We're getting Mark DeRosa.

Your move, Boswell.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #293: December 21, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »

Don't count on it, the Lerner family shares a lot in common with the Jong-il clan as far as passing along the family agenda.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #294: December 21, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »
Your move, Boswell.

I believe the Nats went with pine over oak in their bench selection of DeRosa.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #295: December 21, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »

He'll sign himself to a contract paying $20 million per year to be the Nationals starting LF. That way he'll give the appearance of spending while still keeping it in the family.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #296: December 21, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »
Good night.  I'll be back for more Lerner trashing tomorrow.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #297: December 21, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »
I believe the Nats went with pine over oak in their bench selection of DeRosa.
Thoughts on DeRosa? Looks like he was solid with Cleveland in '09 but then again that was before he had all the major wrist surgeries over the last few seasons.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #298: December 21, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
How much is Mark DeRosa going to help take down the Phillies which should be the publicly stated goal of this team?

Our bench sucked last year.  A significant upgrade to our bench is every bit as valuable as would be a CF upgrade.

Bench players rack up hundreds of PA's over the course of a season.  Upgrading the group of bench players needs to be done and should be applauded. 

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #299: December 21, 2011, 10:50:36 PM »
DeRosa is probably better than Brian Bixler.