Author Topic: Seeking feedback regarding decreased GDT participation and "negativity"  (Read 4834 times)

Offline 24 Nats

as strictly a "reader"....rarely participating....i enjoy the bickering/arguments.....the know-it-alls....the belligerent jerks....the negative nancies....the holier than thou's....attention whores....internet tough-guys.....martyrs....drama queens.....newbies.....chicken littles.....etc.....

human comedy gold.

Offline NatsDad14

Not so easy if you are bipolar. :?

Thats why you switch between both sides until someone on the thread recognizes that you are traitor who is posting on the evil sides thread

Offline Obed_Marsh

Thats why you switch between both sides until someone on the thread recognizes that you are traitor who is posting on the evil sides thread

Which side is the evil side again? Dualism, so confusing.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
No mental midgets allowed in game threads.  :whip: 

Offline NatsDad14

Which side is the evil side again? Dualism, so confusing.

Depends on how you view the 2012 Nats and your level of optimism

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
No mental midgets allowed in game threads.  :whip: 

Are the mental midgets those who can't handle the heat or the ones who don't understand that a game takes 9 innings :lol:

Offline thepointe01

I used to participate in gameday threads a lot, then went off for a while because my schedule was very busy.  Had nothing to do with the other posters.  Didn't mean to stir anything up in today's gameday thread by saying there are more negative ppl than normal here.  I don't mind the jibber jabber, but sometimes it is just too much.  Hyperbole for a player's value when someone does something somewhat negative in baseball is natural, but saying game after the first baserunner in the first inning is just annoying.  Also, conceding a loss when it's like 2-1 in the third inning and talking in the future present tense is pretty annoying as well.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
as strictly a "reader"....rarely participating....i enjoy the bickering/arguments.....the know-it-alls....the belligerent jerks....the negative nancies....the holier than thou's....attention whores....internet tough-guys.....martyrs....drama queens.....newbies.....chicken littles.....etc.....

human comedy gold.

And that would make you a LURKER

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
And that would make you a LURKER

Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Judging by the guest count in some of these game threads, we've got plenty of avid lurkers.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Judging by the guest count in some of these game threads, we've got plenty of avid lurkers.

Yeah, well, I find many of the avid lurkers to be a real drag ... the casual lurkers are way more boss

:thumbs:

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
I'm a longtime lurker for the most part.  Just don't have much to contribute that someone else hasn't already.  Also, I tend to just delete most of what I type and call it a day.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
And for the record Chief, I echo the sentiment of an earlier post - the game day threads may be a hot mess sometimes, but overall the board is the awesome - so thanks for that

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
I'm a longtime lurker for the most part.  Just don't have much to contribute that someone else hasn't already.  Also, I tend to just delete most of what I type and call it a day.

:lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Are the mental midgets those who can't handle the heat or the ones who don't understand that a game takes 9 innings :lol:

touché

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I'm usually one of the top GDT posters in every GDT but this year has been a bit different. I've attended a lot more games, been moving out of my house, been in a setup where I only had a TV and no CPU, as well as going to bars for games. So I no why I haven't been posting and it has nothing to do with the website. I just haven't had a laptop/computer around a TV in many situations.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
I got burned out by GDT negativity and never went back. With all the winning lots of negative posters are more quite.

It'll probably trend back up over time

I believe that we need:

(1) More Smithian, and

(2) Smithian's "normal" avatar

He started the season. He won the Cubs game that started this great season. More Smithian!!!

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
...and I've switched my avatar to a picture of Sam Rice swinging. "Do it like this, guys".

If necessary, I'll go back to "the modern murderer's row": Sievers, Killebrew, Lemon, and Allison.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I believe that we need:

(1) More Smithian, and

(2) Smithian's "normal" avatar

He started the season. He won the Cubs game that started this great season. More Smithian!!!

Done!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Would love some feedback from those of you who've stopped participating in GDTs.  I can't work towards a happy medium if people just leave.

I find the GDT's to be rife with bad grammar and improper spelling.  Is it any wonder proper thinking folks seek refuge elsewhere?    :shrug:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
...and I've switched my avatar to a picture of Sam Rice swinging. "Do it like this, guys".

If necessary, I'll go back to "the modern murderer's row": Sievers, Killebrew, Lemon, and Allison.

Who's Allison? Is she cute? :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I understand people are going to be negative - it's natural. And I approve and encourage "constructive" negative comments - talking about how Bryce ain't so hot right now, that Gio can't find the strike zone, whatever. That's conversation - and I enjoy it.

What I REALLY hate people calling "game" at any point before the end of a game - or any other similar comments. It's just pointless, completely negative in most situations and not constructive in any way shape or form.

But misery loves company. I don't know how you can "stop" these people from just complaining and bringing each other down. I'll just do my part and cheer the Nats on. Keep it positive!

+2

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
can't we all just get along?

Offline Obed_Marsh

I find the GDT's to be rife with bad grammar and improper spelling.  Is it any wonder proper thinking folks seek refuge elsewhere?    :shrug:

This is a dangerous precedent. How much longer before there are calls to eat our green, leafy vegetables before desert or to enjoy our math homework?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

No.

:mg:

Offline Obed_Marsh

We could but posters are not exactly lining up to praise the postings of Obed Marsh and prostrate before the altar of our Dread Lord Cthulhu.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.