Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1  (Read 17921 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #300: August 18, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »
I want to become competitive sooner rather than later.

Considering your crush on players under 25, this is laughable.  :lmao:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #301: August 18, 2009, 10:27:46 PM »
Considering your crush on players under 25, this is laughable.  :lmao:

yeah, and fielding a team full of Ronnie Belliards and Odalis Perezes will take you to the promise land just because they are "reliable veterans" :lmao:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #302: August 18, 2009, 10:28:36 PM »
Adam Carr is 25 years old and has a 5.16 ERA in High-A ball. enough freaking said (Image removed from quote.)

and estrada is a 26 year old who got shelled in the majors last year.  there's no way around it dude, everyone on here knows about your kliq vs. the rest of the team and how there's no helping you.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #303: August 18, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »
and estrada is a 26 year old who got shelled in the majors last year.  there's no way around it dude, everyone on here knows about your kliq vs. the rest of the team and how there's no helping you.
26 year old former 6th round pick.

Estrada is 5-2 with a 1.89 ERA over his last 52.1 IP.

We will see him for sure in September. Hopefully as a starter since he is not cut out to be a reliever.

Adam Carr will never pitch in the Majors.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #304: August 18, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »
26 year old former 6th round pick.

Estrada is 5-2 with a 1.89 ERA over his last 52.1 IP.

We will see him for sure in September. Hopefully as a starter since he is not cut out to be a reliever.

Adam Carr will never pitch in the Majors.

it's so funny how you love your kliq (requirements including being age of 25 years old or younger) and shun everyone else.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #305: August 18, 2009, 10:39:45 PM »
it's so funny how you love your kliq (requirements including being age of 25 years old or younger) and shun everyone else.
what do you have against Atilano, Estrada, Martis, etc?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #306: August 18, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »
what do you have against Atilano, Estrada, Martis, etc? (Image removed from quote.)

haha i don't and don't call me eagleskins either.  (those three i just don't think they are that great)

everyone on this board thinks its hilarious that you have a hard on for certain players and do everything to stick up for them/make excuses for them and then when someone outside of your kliq has a good game you try and play it down.  then when they have a bad game you reem them like one of yours never had a bad game.  the act gets tired sometimes dude.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #307: August 18, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »
haha i don't and don't call me eagleskins either.  (those three i just don't think they are that great)

everyone on this board thinks its hilarious that you have a hard on for certain players and do everything to stick up for them/make excuses for them and then when someone outside of your kliq has a good game you try and play it down.  then when they have a bad game you reem them like one of yours never had a bad game.  the act gets tired sometimes dude.

i have a "hard on" for any player that helps the team win now and in the future.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #308: August 18, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »
i have a "hard on" for any player that helps the team win now and in the future.

yeah b/c gonzalez and nieves are doing a real great job @ that :lmao: :rofl:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #309: August 18, 2009, 11:14:43 PM »
yeah b/c gonzalez and nieves are doing a real great job @ that :lmao: :rofl:
AlGo with 2 multi-hit games out of his last 3 starts. Looked real good defensively tonight at 2B.

and  :nono: at anyone that thinks Josh Bard is good.

Over the last 2 months, Josh Bard is 19/99 (.192) with 20 Ks.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #310: August 19, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
Didn't you know that Roger Bernadina has won us a lot of games over the past few years.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #311: August 19, 2009, 12:19:58 AM »
Didn't you know that Roger Bernadina has won us a lot of games over the past few years.

GMUNAT FTMFW :worship:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #312: August 19, 2009, 12:20:35 AM »
why does every single thread become hammonds vs. SF? and it's always just nagging about what prospects/minor league players/backups are going to suck or be studs.

you guys know what i think?

every single player each of you like is going to bomb and never pitch/play in the majors successfully. i win.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #313: August 19, 2009, 12:27:35 AM »
why does every single thread become hammonds vs. SF? and it's always just nagging about what prospects/minor league players/backups are going to suck or be studs.

every single player each of you like is going to bomb and never pitch/play in the majors successfully. i win.

The funny thing is that every player those two have a hard on for except Zimmerman sucks. They are arguing which terrible player is better than the other terrible player. Kinda like winning the contest of the tallest midget. Even if you win, You are still a midget.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #314: August 19, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »
The funny thing is that every player those two have a hard on for except Zimmerman sucks. They are arguing which terrible player is better than the other terrible player. Kinda like winning the contest of the tallest midget. Even if you win, You are still a midget.

"hammonds, [insert fringe AA prospect here] is going to be sick! [insert stats here followed by that AZ smiley]

"SF, bro, just because he's in your kliq doesn't mean he'll be good. bernadina sucks ass, too"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #315: August 19, 2009, 12:35:11 AM »

haha SF and i are just f'n around.  he's a good kid.  i just put him in place, he does the same. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #316: August 19, 2009, 12:36:08 AM »

if i were to pick my favorite nats - dunn, zimmerman, lannan for sure.  i don't know if lannan or dunn suck :lmao:

strasburg will be up there soon though.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #317: August 19, 2009, 12:39:15 AM »
if i were to pick my favorite nats - dunn, zimmerman, lannan for sure.  i don't know if lannan or dunn suck :lmao:

I know that Collin Balester sucks who you tout more than any player on this board or on Insidemdsports. Every time he has a rare good start, you are posting his stats everywhere talking about how much of a stud he is. You don't do that for those other players.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #318: August 19, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »

as long as he's under 25 and he's not adam dunn.

GTFOHWTBS sportsfan, everyone knows your schtick by now.

Make endless excuses like "they're unlucky" when one of your boys has a bad game, but bash every other player mercilessly when they have one.

i wish that one of these days, just once, you'd treat every player equally. but you won't because such things are impossible for you.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #319: August 19, 2009, 12:43:56 AM »
I know that Collin Balester sucks who you tout more than any player on this board or on Insidemdsports. Every time he has a rare good start, you are posting his stats everywhere talking about how much of a stud he is. You don't do that for those other players.

do i need to share with the rest of the class how good zimmerman, dunn, lannan have been in their careers - especially this year?  no i don't, it's a given.

as for bally, minus the st. louis start ... he's had 4 starts ... two good, two bad.  and i'll admit them (and i'll admit he needs to turn it around if he wants to stick up here - detwiler/estrada have put up good numbers recently).  i stick up for him b/c i think he's young and still can pan out, but i'm not calling select prospectS we have a sure MLB thing or whatever.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #320: August 19, 2009, 12:47:38 AM »
DPM posted the latest about Rizzo courtesy of Zuckerman @ WT.  Sounds like Rizzo will stay if Stan wants to stick around.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,14666.msg457016.html#msg457016

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
« Reply #321: August 19, 2009, 02:06:07 AM »
Didn't read the thread why did sportsfan return to it.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #322: August 19, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »
Didn't read the thread why did sportsfan return to it.
ditto, since when does this ....discussion....pass itself off as a "gameday thread"??? Take it somewhere else please.

« Reply #323: August 19, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »
I didn't enjoy the outcome of this game, but I must say it is nice to see at least four players having an average over .300.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #324: August 19, 2009, 09:03:49 AM »
do i need to share with the rest of the class how good zimmerman, dunn, lannan have been in their careers - especially this year?  no i don't, it's a given.

as for bally, minus the st. louis start ... he's had 4 starts ... two good, two bad.  and i'll admit them (and i'll admit he needs to turn it around if he wants to stick up here - detwiler/estrada have put up good numbers recently).  i stick up for him b/c i think he's young and still can pan out, but i'm not calling select prospectS we have a sure MLB thing or whatever.
Lincecum 6.0 6 5 5 3 2 1 87-48 2.37   
 This is Lincecum's line from last nights game against the Reds. Very similar to Balester's last start against the Reds. Everyone has lousy games. We don't know which pitches they are making him " Tryout" on Major League hitters. There is no better place to work on things for next year than on Major league hitters.  ( 4 Seam fastball) We will see if Balester will " shake off" pitches more often tonight.
 Balester is due for a good start and I know he wants to get into the 7th inning as his pitch count has been down but his era has been rising.  It seems like when Balester throws what pitches he wants to he had ( 2) - 7 pitch innings.  We will see what happens tonight.