Author Topic: Games you are going to - 2013 Nats Park Roll Call  (Read 19598 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
we're 1-0 without him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mediocre .500 team without him.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Scheduled to be in 219 for Saturday's game...barring rain.  Somewhat conflicted with my preference at the moment...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Sat in 310.  Row E

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
All of the kids events are cancelled for the day, I'm looking at cheap tix on StubHub and tempted to head over to the park, probably just watch at home though.

Offline CALSGR8

I'll be there.  Also Blues Traveller after the game.  Usual spot.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'd like to do a meet up for a Saturday game with the wife and you all.

Offline CALSGR8

Metro alerts:

Metro rebuilding work June 7-9

Metro's multi-year rebuilding effort will continue over the weekend of June 7-9 with service adjustments beginning at 10 p.m. Friday night and continuing through system closing on Sunday.

Metro is investing $5.5 billion to install new rail, ties, platforms, escalators, signals, lighting, communication systems, and more. It represents the largest capital investment -- and work effort -- since the system's original construction in the early 1970s.

Red Line - 10 p.m. Fri., June 7 through closing Sun., June 9

Red Line trains will single track through two work zones:

between Shady Grove and Twinbrook for rail, fastener, insulator and third-rail work; and
between Rhode Island Ave and Takoma for ongoing platform reconstruction, tie replacement and track maintenance.
Throughout the weekend, Red Line trains will operate every 24 minutes between Shady Grove and Glenmont.  From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Grosvenor and NoMa-Gallaudet, resulting in service about every 12 minutes between these stations.

To reduce their wait time, riders who normally park at Shady Grove, Rockville, Twinbrook or White Flint may wish to use Grosvenor Station this weekend instead.

Passengers will experience the longer wait time on the platform; once a train departs a station, it is not expected to encounter delays en route. Riders can reduce their wait by using Metro's trip planner prior to traveling. Special schedules that reflect this weekend's work will be loaded into the trip planner by midday Friday.

Orange, Blue, Yellow & Green lines - 10 p.m. Fri., June 7 through closing Sun., June 9

Trains on all other lines (Orange, Blue, Yellow and Green) will operate every 18 minutes throughout the weekend to allow for rebuilding work in several work zones:

between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly for platform reconstruction
between Mt Vernon Square and U Street for switch replacement, rail renewal and joint elimination
between East Falls Church and West Falls Church for Silver Line testing
Note: Yellow Line trains will operate between Huntington and Fort Totten this weekend.

Metro passengers will experience the longer wait time on the platform; once a train departs a station, it is not expected to encounter delays en route. Riders can reduce their wait by using Metro's trip planner prior to traveling. Special schedules that reflect this weekend's work will be loaded into the trip planner by midday Friday.

To check alternate routes using Metrobus, use Metro's online trip planner and select "bus only."

For schedules, real-time train arrivals and station information, visit wmata.com. Metro riders can access Metro's new mobile website by entering wmata.com into their smartphone browser. For assistance by phone, call Metro customer information at (202) 637-7000 [TTY 202-638-3780].

News release issued at 12:04 pm, June 3, 2013.

Offline CALSGR8

Captial Weather Gang Natscast

Nationals vs. Twins
4:05 p.m., Saturday, June 8, Nationals Park
Partly cloudy
FIRST PITCH
Near 80
9TH INNING
Upper 70s
CHANCE OF RAIN
20%
After two rainouts in a row, let’s play ball! Still a little humid, and a slight chance of a shower. Otherwise, not too shabby…

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Light rain in Loudoun  ...  spotty.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Who's going to Friday's make-up game? 

Offline sportsfan882

Anyone going today to the 135 game? I want to go to see JZ pitch but this team pisses me off so much I don't know if I can do it.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I'm going today, it's little league day at the park. I've also got a ticket for tonight that isn't selling for $5, so who knows, I might be back for seconds.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Who's going to Friday's make-up game? 
Me.  I've got the section 113 seats.  I'll have a red JZ shirt with #27 and a red Nats hat with a blue bill.  Lofting pre game?

I have tickets to the 1:35 game up in 403.  The  guys I was going with backed out and are going with me to tonight (original plan was to go Friday and Sunday).  I''m not sure if I'll be at the 1:35, but it is JZ and I'm wearing the shirt.

No Red Sox gear today.   :shock:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Going today with the Little League crowd, will be Waaayyyyy up in 406 Row M.

Offline sportsfan882

I think I'm going to go. Probably leaving the house in the next 30 mins or so. I'll be wearing my new JZimm jersey. I'll be walking around the red loft before the game if anyone is around.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I think I'm going to go. Probably leaving the house in the next 30 mins or so. I'll be wearing my new JZimm jersey. I'll be walking around the red loft before the game if anyone is around.
But who will complain in the gameday thread if you're at the game?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
We'll be at tonight's game. 314, Row H, seats 3/4. I'll be wearing a red Nats polo. I might be a Patriotic hat.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Skipped the afternoon game but will be in the Loft tonight pre game and 113 JJ for the game.  Going to switch to the Hard Times Grey with red script Washington for the night game since JZ will have pitched the early game.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Going today with the Little League crowd, will be Waaayyyyy up in 406 Row M.

That was pretty fun huh?  A kid on our team got a ball from one of the Twins and got a couple of them to sign it.

I grabbed the chain link fence in the outfield that protects the scoreboard from the players, not the worst thing in the world to slam into, but wouldn't be too comfortable to hit a seam.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Will have to pay full price for a ticket for my 4 year old son??

Offline CALSGR8

Yes.  Unless you hold him on your lap the whole game.  You'd do well with the Harris Teeter or other family like deals they have.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Yes.  Unless you hold him on your lap the whole game.  You'd do well with the Harris Teeter or other family like deals they have.

Thank you! I'm worried he'll drive us nuts. Hoping maybe just the wife and I go and meet up with y'all at the red loft.

Offline CALSGR8

Thank you! I'm worried he'll drive us nuts. Hoping maybe just the wife and I go and meet up with y'all at the red loft.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/family_fun_days.jsp

Or join the kids club.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/family_fun_days.jsp

Or join the kids club.

Wifey got me the family plan for Sept 15 vs Philthies. Anyone wishing to meet us at the Red Loft at some point?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Endure this for a few years. Walk to the highest section of the 400s and look at the river. Get ice cream.  Go to the Park in May and September (skip July and August). Bring frozen water on hot days.

Also, if he's overheating, there's a stairwell near guest services on the 1B side that's air conditioned for a quick break.

It gets better, buy you'll have to sacrifice a little now. You're constructing a future fan. Too much stress makes it suck for little guys.

Wifey got me the family plan for Sept 15 vs Philthies. Anyone wishing to meet us at the Red Loft at some point?