Author Topic: Diablo III  (Read 5093 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Diablo III
« Reply #150: May 17, 2012, 08:46:41 PM »
A quick look makes it seem like the Beta. I think that ended fighting the Skeleton King. I forget his name now.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #151: May 17, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
A quick look makes it seem like the Beta. I think that ended fighting the Skeleton King. I forget his name now.

Yeah, I just looked :lol:

Pretty much the beta, you get to go up to the Skeleton King, can only join other Starter Edition players if you choose to enter a public game (I assume if you have friends you can join their game manually), no global play.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tjghz/have_guest_passes_to_give_away_need_a_guest_pass/

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #152: May 17, 2012, 09:46:47 PM »
The funny thing is that kind of strat isn't really unique to the barb at all.  I do the exact same thing with my Wizard using Frost Nova, Force Wave, and Ice Shield.  I probably do more damage than you, too :P

Not sure about the other classes but it seems like everybody has at least one or two "stun" type crowd control spells

In Nightmare you're going to need a tank supposedly. The things we do now won't pass in Nightmare. And I'm referring to going up hand to hand range and just casting crap lol

Offline Nathan

« Reply #153: May 17, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »

Offline Nathan

« Reply #154: May 18, 2012, 06:23:38 PM »
Is it can be Diablo 3 tiems nau pls?  :|

6 more hours :(

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #155: May 18, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »
Is it can be Diablo 3 tiems nau pls?  :|

6 more hours :(

That might be the same time frame for me... I'm stuck doing a ridiculously long take home exam on my last day of school. freak this class.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #156: May 18, 2012, 06:43:56 PM »
Maybe we can play together some since Chief isn't allowed to play :mg:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #157: May 18, 2012, 06:53:16 PM »
Maybe we can play together some since Chief isn't allowed to play :mg:

Why can't he?! lol

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #158: May 18, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »
In Nightmare you're going to need a tank supposedly. The things we do now won't pass in Nightmare. And I'm referring to going up hand to hand range and just casting crap lol

I would imagine that's true but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try it anyway.  Nathan constantly disses Frost Nova and Force Wave :smh:

They they are the frickin' bomb 8)

Archon is :az:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #159: May 19, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »
Killed Diablo OMG SPOILERS last night with a pug and then again when CMD got on.  The second time with CMD he dropped the recipe for the Staff of Herding so now all I need to do is get all the mats and I can craft it to open the portal to Whimsyshire!!!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #160: May 24, 2012, 05:59:48 PM »
This is a good game.  Though I may need to take a night off so I can actually get a full 8 hours of sleep for once....  Or not :lol:

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #161: May 25, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »
So my friend apparently lost all his gold and items in his stash...

I suspect hacking, but has anyone else suffer this fate?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #162: May 25, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
Did he have an authenticator?  There have been reports of hacking, people say they had an authenticator on their account but Blizzard has said no one that has been hacked so far had an authenticator on their account BEFORE they were hacked, so I was wondering.  If they didn't have one then it's a simple matter of getting the password and email address, but if they DID have one, then there is a bigger security problem at Blizzard.

I have not been hacked but I do have an authenticator (the mobile one for android, there's one for iOS too).  Free and definitely worth it.  Even if you don't have a smart phone you can buy a stand-alone one for like $7 or something.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #163: May 30, 2012, 05:19:16 AM »
Level 60 :woop:

Thanks Chief for the triple exp ZK runs.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #164: June 20, 2012, 01:02:34 AM »
Diablo 3 is a crapshow.  What a freaking disappointment after a 10 year wait.  Itemization sucks, drop rate sucks, and the patches make 10 more problems for every one they try to fix.

Boost the drop rate so that you can get iLvl 63 gear in Act I Inferno (at a reduced rate to Act II of Act III/IV), but nerf the hell out of the Increased Attack Speed stat (IAS).  Smooth out the difficulty, but make it so repairs go from costing about 6k gold to 30k gold.  So yeah, now you have a chance to get the highest level gear in the game in the lower acts, but it takes longer to kill because of reduced DPS with the IAS nerf, thus more of a chance to hit the enrage timer, more damage taken, and more deaths which lead to a bigger repair bill.

There is no build system.  No skill trees, you don't get to allocate your stat points as you level.  It ends up everyone is going to be using the same set of skills and runes for each class.  And the combinations that ARE good, that make you feel powerful, get nerfed to bejesus and back.  Force Armor build works well?  Nerf.  Critical Mass build works well?  Nerf.  People are breaking pots in a certain area with +gold find gear to farm gold?  Nerf so it doesn't drop hardly any gold.  People putting on +magic find gear to open chests and weapon racks?  Nerf the chests so they don't get modified by magic find and the weapon racks so that they no longer guarantee a weapon will drop.

Blizzard can claim all they want that the Real Money Auction House (where they get $1 plus 15% of the sale price on each auction) didn't influence their design decisions, but they obviously did.  STILL low drop rates, more deaths, more gold lost, but hey, just drop $250 for a good piece in the auction house and you'll be able to play Inferno with no trouble!

So disappointed.  I waited so long for this game.  And after a month, I'm done.  I have no urge to play it anymore.  There's no gear find thrill like you get in D2, no forever leveling (pretty much) like in D2.  You pretty much hit 60, that's as powerful as you'll be without gear, and grind the same random elite packs over and over again for a 2% chance of an iLvl 63 piece of armor with RANDOM stats (IE 99% of the ones you DO get will be vendor trash / salvaged for mats).  Bosses are a pushover and drop crap compared to the random elite packs, some of which are just shy of being impossible.  Extra fast Molten Jailer Desecrator?  Wat?

A lot of this could have been solved with a true beta test.  Not just giving us Act I chapter I on normal and level cap at 13.  Because they game is fun until you hit 60, stop leveling, and the flow of gear that's better that what you have comes to a screeching halt.

Torchlight 2 can't come soon enough.  Time for the TRUE successor to Diablo 2 (it is after all most of the same development team that created D2) to come out.  For now, I installed Diablo 2 again.  800x600 on my HD display.  Still a better end game than D3.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #165: June 20, 2012, 01:16:40 AM »
Diablo 3 does seem to be poorly constructed for the end. All I do is buy yellows on the AH when I was leveling because I couldn't find anything else. I kept all my gold because I realized how pointless blacksmithing became. I like the game but I hope they do something to make it better.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #166: June 20, 2012, 01:18:18 AM »
Diablo 3 does seem to be poorly constructed for the end. All I do is buy yellows on the AH when I was leveling because I couldn't find anything else. I kept all my gold because I realized how pointless blacksmithing became. I like the game but I hope they do something to make it better.

The reduced the cost at the blacksmith for crafting items in both gold cost and mat cost.  Gems as well.  But now repairs are so much, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable dropping the gold for a few BS rolls with stuff that will most likely be useless.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #167: June 20, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
The reduced the cost at the blacksmith for crafting items in both gold cost and mat cost.  Gems as well.  But now repairs are so much, I don't know that I'd feel comfortable dropping the gold for a few BS rolls with stuff that will most likely be useless.

They should've had some system in the blacksmith that made it worth it. Like, how wow has crafted items that are sort of better than valor gear and such.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #168: June 20, 2012, 01:30:02 AM »
They should've had some system in the blacksmith that made it worth it. Like, how wow has crafted items that are sort of better than valor gear and such.

Right.  I haven't checked now that iLvl is displayed on gear, but I would guess the blacksmith makes iLvl 61 gear or maybe even iLvl 60.  There are plans that are rare drops or you can get (surprise) on the ah.

Oh, and how about THIS bullcrap.  They are supposedly at some point going to buff legendaries to be sort of, I don't know, legendary?  You know, better than a crappy blue drop from 3 acts before?  But they will NOT be retroactively buffing ones that already exist.  But the IAS nerf?  That's on EVERYTHING.  If you spent $250 on the RMAH for a BiS type item with mass IAS, today it's nerfed.  to.  freak.  I'd be livid.  I'm not daft enough to spend any real money on in game items in the first place, but the people who did, wow.  They got screwed.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #169: June 20, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
Almost all of the "exalted" blacksmith gear (the stuff you unlock when you max out training) is iLVL 62, and I've actually rolled several pieces that were quite good and would be upgrades for someone, just usually not me - though to be fair that's mainly because by the time I got serious about smithing, I'd long since given up on finding any good gear and bought most of mine on the (gold) AH.

The problem, as Nathan pointed out, is that with the insane increase in repair costs (not to mention the dramatic decrease in junk blue drop rates) it now takes about the same amount of time or longer to save up for crafting a piece as it did before, only now it feels even riskier because what if you need that gold for repair costs from a bad run?

Blizzard keeps claiming that they want to encourage more diversity of play, but they keep implementing changes that funnel everyone into one, maybe two possible options.  Hilariously, their nerfing of attack speed will only make people cling even tighter to their IAS gear so as not to lose what little additional attack speed they have left.  Even with a 50% cut, all of my IAS pieces are still better than just about anything else I've found or bought.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #170: June 20, 2012, 09:44:44 AM »
Diablo 3 is a crapshow.  What a freaking disappointment after a 10 year wait.  Itemization sucks, drop rate sucks, and the patches make 10 more problems for every one they try to fix.

Boost the drop rate so that you can get iLvl 63 gear in Act I Inferno (at a reduced rate to Act II of Act III/IV), but nerf the hell out of the Increased Attack Speed stat (IAS).  Smooth out the difficulty, but make it so repairs go from costing about 6k gold to 30k gold.  So yeah, now you have a chance to get the highest level gear in the game in the lower acts, but it takes longer to kill because of reduced DPS with the IAS nerf, thus more of a chance to hit the enrage timer, more damage taken, and more deaths which lead to a bigger repair bill.

There is no build system.  No skill trees, you don't get to allocate your stat points as you level.  It ends up everyone is going to be using the same set of skills and runes for each class.  And the combinations that ARE good, that make you feel powerful, get nerfed to bejesus and back.  Force Armor build works well?  Nerf.  Critical Mass build works well?  Nerf.  People are breaking pots in a certain area with +gold find gear to farm gold?  Nerf so it doesn't drop hardly any gold.  People putting on +magic find gear to open chests and weapon racks?  Nerf the chests so they don't get modified by magic find and the weapon racks so that they no longer guarantee a weapon will drop.

Blizzard can claim all they want that the Real Money Auction House (where they get $1 plus 15% of the sale price on each auction) didn't influence their design decisions, but they obviously did.  STILL low drop rates, more deaths, more gold lost, but hey, just drop $250 for a good piece in the auction house and you'll be able to play Inferno with no trouble!

So disappointed.  I waited so long for this game.  And after a month, I'm done.  I have no urge to play it anymore.  There's no gear find thrill like you get in D2, no forever leveling (pretty much) like in D2.  You pretty much hit 60, that's as powerful as you'll be without gear, and grind the same random elite packs over and over again for a 2% chance of an iLvl 63 piece of armor with RANDOM stats (IE 99% of the ones you DO get will be vendor trash / salvaged for mats).  Bosses are a pushover and drop crap compared to the random elite packs, some of which are just shy of being impossible.  Extra fast Molten Jailer Desecrator?  Wat?

A lot of this could have been solved with a true beta test.  Not just giving us Act I chapter I on normal and level cap at 13.  Because they game is fun until you hit 60, stop leveling, and the flow of gear that's better that what you have comes to a screeching halt.

Torchlight 2 can't come soon enough.  Time for the TRUE successor to Diablo 2 (it is after all most of the same development team that created D2) to come out.  For now, I installed Diablo 2 again.  800x600 on my HD display.  Still a better end game than D3.

Forget your current job predicament.... have you ever thought about becoming a game developer? Damn. You know your crap!

At least become a highly paid play tester! Something like Grandma's Boy... but a less stonerish version!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #171: June 20, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »
Seen on Reddit:

First, thank you for addressing so many of the important issues in this patch. After playing a couple of quests tonight, however, I've realized that the fight against exploiters will never truly be won.

• DPS is still way out of control - in some cases I've even seen players kill certain monsters before they were killed themselves
  • People are still taking advantage of skills with unintended effects such as increased survival, damage output, and situation control
  • There are several chests that continue to drop gold when opened; there are also still other, more nefarious means of gold farming, such as killing enough monsters that you actually MAKE more gold than your repairs cost
  • I personally witnessed an incident where a player found a yellow item, and when they identified it, it had stats that could be exploited to increase their combat effectiveness - for the class they were playing at the time.
  • Some gear seen on vendors still had stats other than Vitality that could, in the hands of an insidious agent, theoretically be employed toward the end of making combat easier (less dying, and in extreme cases, more killing)
  • Bosses are still able to be killed by players - I don't have screenshots to prove this, but it is happening. Hopefully your data analysis can pick it up.
  • Some bosses and rares are failing to properly spam stun, wall, poison, set afire, teleport into pools of acid, knockback, slow, and freeze players simultaneously while they teleport-kite the player at supersonic speed, carpeting every square inch of the zone with toxic ooze and letting their invulnerable minions with boss powers one- and two-shot us.
  • I personally was able to set up a bizarre configuration in the auction house search panel where I could find items with specific stats and also be able to sort them in a way that was not effectively random.
  • A friend of mine told me they were playing with some person earlier who - and I'm just the messenger here - seemed like they might be having fun while playing the game. I don't know how true this is, but if it's even a possibility, god help us all.

I'm just trying to do my part to ensure this kind of disgusting and cowardly behavior gets stamped out as soon as possible. If there's anything I hate in a game, it's feeling like I'm getting more powerful and that my time and efforts are culminating in some kind of... /shudder... progression. I'm in this for the frustration and disappointment, 100%, and I stand behind you with every patch that brings us closer to those ideals.

Keep up the great work.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #172: June 22, 2012, 09:37:21 PM »
This kid shows you the tactics when fighting an Inferno elite with Horde, Extra Fast, Invulnerable Minions, Illusionist.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #173: June 28, 2012, 10:43:31 AM »
:lmao:

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #174: June 29, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »
Diablo 3 is a crapshow.

All I needed to hear.