Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118454 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Lerners or the FO, whoever, find a way to dilute this whole thing by greed. Jesus christ, $100 for one of a million empty bottles? That little memorabilia shop has been a thorn with insane prices every time I pass by it, but that... Here's a nutty idea. Those of us who had 81 game season tickets through 08 and 09, whose seat went used when we set attendance lows? Howsabout a nice thank you instead of a nice f you by charging $100 for glass?

So they aren't selling the beer bottles the players used? I'm selling my Werth celebration Miller Lite bottle for $1000 then. The players threw four or five to the fans, I've got Werth on TV dousing me with it right before he tossed it to me. If one of a hundred champagne bottles is worth $100, one of five aluminum beer cans should be a grand easy! *sigh*

Can anybody post that video?   

Offline DPMOmaha

So, they're selling them for charity?  If that's actually true, what's the big deal?  Also, what charity?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
cowpcpberbuy or however it's spelled, I edited your post a bit.  Normally I just let the filters handle profanity for those who choose to use them, but your rather creative insults probably broke the matrix, there were some complaints.

Sorry.  If you really want to cut loose feel free to do so in uncensored.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Not to play devil's advocate but aren't tax writeoffs usually more profitable than direct sales?

Never.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
So, they're selling them for charity?  If that's actually true, what's the big deal?  Also, what charity?

The Dream Foundation

The team is selling the used bottles to benefit the Nats charity arm, the Dream Foundation.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Spidey:
Truth:
Grind axe much?

They probably have a way to funnel charity funds to the old man's back pocket. I'm sure this is a reaction to some of the backlash. Cheap is cheap anyway you slice it.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

They probably have a way to funnel charity funds to the old man's back pocket. I'm sure this is a reaction to some of the backlash. Cheap is cheap anyway you slice it.

:roll:

Offline spidernat

I don't know what's worse. That they do crap like this or that people are stupid enough to buy these items. I wonder how much people would pay for used condoms from some of the players.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I don't know what's worse. That they do crap like this or that people are stupid enough to buy these items. I wonder how much people would pay for used condoms from some of the players.

Supply and demand - didn't someone pay a gazillion dollars for used chewing gum?

Offline spidernat

Supply and demand - didn't someone pay a gazillion dollars for used chewing gum?

I'm sure more than one person has done that. With Werth on the club they're sitting on a gold mine.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
It's one thing to say they run the team on the cheap.  It's another thing to call them misers when the money is going to charity.  of course they quibble over the cost of paper clips, short the city on rental payments for any minor facility problem, and underinvested in the team for years in order to pay down their notes.  I'm not arguing that.  But miser has a different meaning.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Lerners or the FO, whoever, find a way to dilute this whole thing by greed. Jesus christ, $100 for one of a million empty bottles?
It isn't greed if people pay the money and the money goes to charity.  Ever bid in a charity auction?  I paid above what the memorabilia market says the price should be for an autographed baseball from Jon Lester.  I did it because the money was going to charity. Does it make it greedy of the person who offered the ball up for auction because some one was going to pay above what it was worth in order to support a decent cause?

Offline spidernat

But miser has a different meaning.

OK PANatsFan.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Define Natitude: z-Washington
« Reply #1763: October 03, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »
How about that "z"?  Works real nice for a team led by the Brothers Zimmm!!!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1764: October 03, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »

Wait just one goddamn minute. Isn't the Dream foundation trying to raise $5m for this DC baseball academy?  This whole "used cork" nonsense might be one of the most money grubbing whore things ever, especially if the total goal is $5m. That said, I did wej the guy at the dream foundation down to $20 on this beauty:

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1765: October 04, 2012, 01:56:15 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Wait just one goddamn minute. Isn't the Dream foundation trying to raise $5m for this DC baseball academy?  This whole "used cork" nonsense might be one of the most money grubbing whore things ever, especially if the total goal is $5m. That said, I did wej the guy at the dream foundation down to $20 on this beauty:

(Image removed from quote.)

$20? The J-Zmnn one I bought was $100

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1766: October 04, 2012, 06:18:07 AM »
$20? The J-Zmnn one I bought was $100

Maya is a WNFF meme.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1767: October 04, 2012, 09:28:50 AM »
Maya is a WNFF meme.

Pardon me, I'm new here LOL. I'm sure I'll pick up on some of the inside jokes soon enough.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1768: October 04, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
We have a WNFF meme thread although it probably hasn't been update in some time.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=15238.0

We also have a WNFF Classic Quotes thread which also hasn't been updated in a while.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=5121.0

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1769: October 04, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »
Pardon me, I'm new here LOL. I'm sure I'll pick up on some of the inside jokes soon enough.

No worries, had I known they had a JZimm locker plate available I would have easily parted with a C-note for that.  You probably don't remember Maya because he was a total bum that never should have spent what little time he had in the majors embarrassing himself pitching like crap.  Dude was a Cuban defector that was apparently the man in Cigar town but had a BP fastball that people just teed off on in the majors and complained about it being "too hot" to pitch.  It didn't help that the guy said he was "29" but looked 35 and had frosted tips.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #1770: October 04, 2012, 10:31:50 AM »
Well to be completely honest I haven't really been a baseball/Nats fan until this season. My roommate is a huge sports nut and we went to the game to see the Dierks Bently concert the first time around. Our reasoning was country girls are hot, and the weather was hot (skimpy clothes) and country girls love Dierks Bently. The concert got swapped for Big and Rich, but whatever. Anyways, had an absoloute blast and started watching every single game from there on out. I think I only missed one or two after that due to travel or work.

They have another locker tag available. I was just buying up the JZ stuff to get framed for my roommate's going away present. So far it's got a locker tag, a autographed game worn jz jersey, a game used ball that he pitched on the same day that he wore the jersey and an autographed ball.

The way I see it, since he's moving to Phoenix and is gonna be stuck watchin D-Bags games, he should at least be able to take part of a good team with him LOL.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #1771: October 04, 2012, 10:35:38 AM »
Maya tried his best, guys.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1772: October 04, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »
Well to be completely honest I haven't really been a baseball/Nats fan until this season. My roommate is a huge sports nut and we went to the game to see the Dierks Bently concert the first time around. Our reasoning was country girls are hot, and the weather was hot (skimpy clothes) and country girls love Dierks Bently. The concert got swapped for Big and Rich, but whatever. Anyways, had an absoloute blast and started watching every single game from there on out. I think I only missed one or two after that due to travel or work.

They have another locker tag available. I was just buying up the JZ stuff to get framed for my roommate's going away present. So far it's got a locker tag, a autographed game worn jz jersey, a game used ball that he pitched on the same day that he wore the jersey and an autographed ball.

The way I see it, since he's moving to Phoenix and is gonna be stuck watchin D-Bags games, he should at least be able to take part of a good team with him LOL.

:poke:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1773: October 04, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
Maya tried his best, guys.

So did Custer.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1774: October 04, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
Post of the Year - best retort, for MDS.