Author Topic: Strasburg, Storen, Espinosa and Marrero coming to Bowie  (Read 1064 times)

Offline BowieBaysox

The Bowie Baysox will host the Double-A affiliate of the Nationals at Prince George's Stadium in Bowie, MD, April 12-14.  They are billing it as the "Baby Beltway Series" with the future Orioles taking on the future Nationals.

The Senators roster features four of the Nationals top six prospects, according to Baseball America: Stephen Strasburg, Drew Storen, Danny Espinosa and Chris Marrero.

Tickets run from $9-$14.  Is anyone going?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Cool that the organization would take the time to come here. Thanks. Probably won't make it to Bowie myself though.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Strasburg won't be pitching :?

I might go to a game to watch the other guys, though

Offline ronnynat

Cool that the organization would take the time to come here. Thanks. Probably won't make it to Bowie myself though.

I thought you were totally against teams inviting away fans to their ballparks? ;)

Offline BowieBaysox

Well, we are always looking to expand our fan base.  Even if you cheer for the Senators this week, you can always root for the Baysox the next time you come out!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I'd love to see the Baysox "Rochester" the Orioles, and sign up with the Nats.  PG County's natural affinity is with DC, not Baltimore.

For those who haven't been to Bowie, the park is first rate.  Nice open concourse, very comfortable and great sight lines.  My brother often works security there (he's a Md Park Police Lt.) and a close friend of mine was construction manager for the building the stadium.  Both Nats fans, too!    :twisted:

Many worse things one might do than catching the Senators at Bowie.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Plus there's a chance you might get to see Mike Rowe sing the Star Spangled Banner.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I'd also like to see Syracuse move to Richmond to keep all the teams near Washington.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I'd like to see a team move to Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick so I can see some future Nats every weekend.

Offline hammondsnats

Bowie Baysox have a great stadium.  I've been going to games there for years.

I love the pictures of Harrisburg's renovations though.  So unless one of them moved up and became our AAA, keeping Harrisburg isn't a bad idea. 

Syracuse is not an ideal AAA spot for us. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Bowie was made like Frederick's Harry Grove stadium.   I went there to see the Eastern League All-star game and to see the Team USA SOFTBALL play professional Softball team the Washington Glory.   It's a great stadium and even when its packed, you get out to the main drag in about 10 minutes.   It takes me way longer to get out of Pfitzner!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Well, we are always looking to expand our fan base.  Even if you cheer for the Senators this week, you can always root for the Baysox the next time you come out!

That was a dig at Stan Kasten. Minor league ball is about fun, not bitter rivalries, and I would love to catch a game there at some point. I saw the Baysox in Altoona once, and had a great time.