Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2  (Read 17428 times)

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2
« Reply #300: April 16, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
On a brighter note...the P-Nats have now won ten straight!  I think Detwiler's on the mound tommorow - I'm there!

Yes, I chose to blog about that tonight rather than the crap that happened in NY tonight.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #301: April 16, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »
Manny needs to go nuts.
He better start going nuts...or he's going to be packing his chit.  I can't wait to hear his press conference...he needs to understand this is the majors, and a business - and if the team sucks this bad for the new stadium the ownership is going to want to make some changes before they start losing money.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #302: April 16, 2008, 09:56:44 PM »
It's like watching a broken record. Bob and Don just said the same thing. They both said they come to the park everyday thinking that this will be the day that someone will get a big hit that will spark us and we will start to climb out of the hole. Yet, each night the team reaches a new low point. How much further can they dig?  Lannan will get killed tomorrow.  3 straight lefties?? How freaking easy is that on the opposition?  That's embarrassing.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #303: April 16, 2008, 09:57:43 PM »
Manny needs to go nuts. The offense has lost us so many more games than the pitching has. It was supposed to be the opposite. Our offense was supposed to make up for bad pitching on some nights, and when the pitching was good, we should have been getting easier wins than ever. It's just not working out. I blame the offense SO MUCH more than the pitching.

You know things are going bad when ronnynat starts to get pissed off!  WAKE THE freak UP, NATS!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #304: April 16, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
Lannan will get killed tomorrow.  3 straight lefties?? How ******* easy is that on the opposition?  That's embarrassing.

It's not as much about which arm they throw w/, but the fact that they all throw the same stuff at about the same speeds.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #305: April 16, 2008, 10:07:12 PM »
Flores knocked in more runs today (5) in one AAA game than we have scored in the last 2 games combined.  Oh well, we have no room for anyone who can hit on this team. We are stacked with sluggers.  :roll: 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #306: April 16, 2008, 10:10:48 PM »
Oh yeah, I hope you're happy 2k6. Pitiful. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #307: April 16, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
Flores knocked in more runs today (5) in one AAA game than we have scored in the last 2 games combined.  Oh well, we have no room for anyone who can hit on this team. We are stacked with sluggers.  :roll: 

You can't really compare AAA to the majors, though. The lack of skill the pitchers have + less pressure helps a lot of guys. We are hoping and expecting Flores does well down there, but you can't assume he'd do the same thing here. I'm hoping he has a great season in AAA this year, and then is ready for a full season w/ the Nats next season. That really does seem like the best plan at this point.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #308: April 16, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »

But if you want to see a game at the new stadium ball park, you can pay $40 a block away or $25 or $15 for 8 blocks away, to see these minor league players, (until the squirrels come in.) 

Is that what it costs to park at the new stadium?  :shock:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #309: April 16, 2008, 10:15:43 PM »

Who would've been on base for him to knock in? And who would've knocked him in from second?

Oh yeah, I hope you're happy 2k6. Pitiful.  (Image removed from quote.)

Come on now, we would've lost either way.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #310: April 16, 2008, 10:16:36 PM »
You can't really compare AAA to the majors, though. The lack of skill the pitchers have + less pressure helps a lot of guys. We are hoping and expecting Flores does well down there, but you can't assume he'd do the same thing here. I'm hoping he has a great season in AAA this year, and then is ready for a full season w/ the Nats next season. That really does seem like the best plan at this point.
Flores is miles better than both Lo Duca and Estrada NOW. Both at the plate and behind the plate.  There is no doubt in my mind.  What do we have to lose anyways? We are the worst team in the Majors. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #311: April 16, 2008, 10:19:12 PM »
Come on now, we would've lost either way.
Says who?  I just don't get why he has to make things so difficult.  Chief had the thread made but nooooooooooo he has to go delete it and start his own because he's cool.  We've lost 9 games in a row where he has started the game thread. Even if you aren't semi-superstitious like me and most baseball players you'd want to do anything you can to turn this ship around.     

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #312: April 16, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »
Is that what it costs to park at the new stadium:shock:

And you MUST pay on-line, in advance.  You cannot show up and pay cash.  I don't think they want traffic jams and people turning around when they're full.  The Nationals Express bus to and from RFK Stadium (free in Lot 8) is free, and its about a 5-block walk to the bus stop.

Squirrel Parking

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #313: April 16, 2008, 10:28:07 PM »
Flores is miles better than both Lo Duca and Estrada NOW. Both at the plate and behind the plate.  There is no doubt in my mind.  What do we have to lose anyways? We are the worst team in the Majors. 

Estrada's a better hitter than Flores at this point. Less power, but a better hitter. I do understand your wanting Flores here, though. With this team, we know we're not going to win a WS, so why aren't young players like Flores getting the opportunity to play NOW and get the experience? I get it, but I also see why we went and got better veteran offensive catchers. They know the division and they've had success in the past.

I'm not as worried about that, though. The guys that are supposed to be the big producers haven't stepped up yet. We wouldn't even be talking about Flores if the rest of them were doing their jobs. 

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #314: April 16, 2008, 10:28:43 PM »
you'd want to do anything you can to turn this ship around.     

And if there was anything I could do, I would in a heartbeat.  However, we're fans, we spectate, we don't play, manage, or influence the games in any way.

And seriously, have you made it your #1 prerogative to crap on me over the past few days?

« Reply #315: April 16, 2008, 10:29:36 PM »
Wil Nieves is coming from AAA to kick everybody's ass.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #316: April 16, 2008, 10:30:25 PM »
Estrada's a better hitter than Flores at this point. Less power, but a better hitter. I do understand your wanting Flores here, though. With this team, we know we're not going to win a WS, so why aren't young players like Flores getting the opportunity to play NOW and get the experience? I get it, but I also see why we went and got better veteran offensive catchers. They know the division and they've had success in the past.

I'm not as worried about that, though. The guys that are supposed to be the big producers haven't stepped up yet. We wouldn't even be talking about Flores if the rest of them were doing their jobs. 
Sure, Lo Duca and Estrada have had success in the past but the past is the past. They are both over-the-hill hacks who are just milking their careers for all the money they can get.  They bring absolutely nothing to the table.  They both hit like Schneider but do nothing defensively.  I'd rather have Schneider than these two has-beens any day.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #317: April 16, 2008, 10:30:32 PM »
And you MUST pay on-line, in advance.  You cannot show up and pay cash.  I don't think they want traffic jams and people turning around when they're full.  The Nationals Express bus to and from RFK Stadium is free, and its about a 5-block walk to the bus stop.

(Image removed from quote.)
Squirrel Parking

That looks obscene.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #318: April 16, 2008, 10:35:18 PM »
That looks obscene.

YES, FORTY DOLLARS ($40) to PARK and see a team, (that's been jinxed by the GameDay Mod), IS OBSCENE!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #319: April 16, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »
YES, FORTY DOLLARS ($40) to PARK and see a team, (that's been jinxed by the GameDay Mod), IS OBSCENE!

(Image removed from quote.)

True but I meant the animation in your post :?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #320: April 16, 2008, 10:45:01 PM »
btw carlos beltran has the worst hair dew in baseball.

What's the freak is that about?