Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2 (Curly W)  (Read 20765 times)

Offline sportsfan882

O'Connor has no curve ball tonight at all

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Lopez needs to sit until he gets his head in the game ... he's not trying at all .... embarassing ... sadly, this is exactly the kind of thing that will unravel O'connor -don't think I've ever seen a bunted home run before

Offline PC

Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
Lopez is a terrible fielder.  worse than Soriano at 2nd.

his bat needs to come around, or this trade is a bust.

This trade is already a bust.

We gave up a good, young left-handed pitcher for this.  Even if he sucked a fraction of what he does, you never make that trade!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
I think we may need to apologize to all the Reds Fans we laughed at.

either Lopez just freakin sucks, or he doesn't want to be here and isn't trying.

maybe the "attitude" thing the reds fans were talking about has some merit.

Offline sportsfan882

Ramirez tags up on a fly ball hit to right.  Good throw by Kearns though...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "PC"
Lopez is a terrible fielder.  worse than Soriano at 2nd.

his bat needs to come around, or this trade is a bust.

This trade is already a bust.

We gave up a good, young left-handed pitcher for this.  Even if he sucked a fraction of what he does, you never make that trade!

Please, giving up Clayton for this guy makes this trade a bust!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Quote from: "wpa2629"
Lopez needs to sit until he gets his head in the game ... he's not trying at all .... embarassing ... sadly, this is exactly the kind of thing that will unravel O'connor -don't think I've ever seen a bunted home run before
 I can guarantee you the rest of the world will see it tonight.  "And now it's time for the play of the night on SportsCenter...".   :roll:

Offline JMW IV

on a side note, I think I ran Spidernat off the forum, because I refused to agree with him....

I don't think I did anything wrong...did I?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Quote from: "wpa2629"
 I can guarantee you the rest of the world will see it tonight.  "And now it's time for the play of the night on SportsCenter...".   :roll:

God ... I hadn't even thought about SportsCenter .... The HUMANITY!

Offline sportsfan882

game over.. another embarrasing loss and another series loss.  Thanks Felipe and Mike

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
on a side note, I think I ran Spidernat off the forum, because I refused to agree with him....

I don't think I did anything wrong...did I?

No, but this isn't the place for FR talk ...it's the game thread ...but you may be right ... he may have been a bit sensitive ...

On another note ... that tag up play is coming back to haunt us now ... of course!

Offline PC

Who's updating the graphics for MASN?  They're horribly slow.

It's like they're watching another game...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Why do any of us care?  Obviously none of the Nats players do.  Franks asleep and the rest of the team is just waiting for a paycheck.   :?

Washington 1
Florida 5

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Now we only need 5 runs on Willis to win ... it can happen ...  SURE IT CAN! .... sigh ... heavy, heavy sigh ...

Offline Vladman1327

In defense of Kearns and Lopez, the Nationals really have no shot at making the playoffs or anything.  I do not like the fact that Lopez is not trying (I do not get the games on TV, but this is what I have heard), but it is a little depressing to get traded from a contending team to a last place team.  Plus, they just came off a trade.

I do miss Bray and Majewski and Clayton, but these guys, in my opinion will have a much bigger impact in the next few years.  They are both young, everyday players.  Plus, remember, we still have Luis Ayala, who is an ace out of the bullpen.  Majewski was not performing this year.  Bray will probably be good, but Kearns and Lopez are everyday players who have played everyday for a couple of years.

I think this trade was a great move, even if we are losing Bray.  We got Wagner, who is supposed to have a lot of potential.  Plus, now, we have the 6th pick in next year's draft (yeah, we are that bad).  I also think it is too early to just yell at Lopez and Kearns when we all know that we have no chance at the playoffs.  In fact, it may be more beneficial to lose.  As hard as it may seem to root against our beloved Nationals, we are in a rebuilding process.  So, maybe all these errors are not a bad thing. :)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Quote from: "PC"
Who's updating the graphics for MASN?  They're horribly slow.

It's like they're watching another game...

I noticed that too...they are like us.  They feel like going into a corner and sucking on a fifth of Jack.  

Offline JMW IV

Senator, get on MSN

Offline PC

I would say, again, that the Nationals have reached bottom but, apparently, there is no bottom for this team!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
:cry:

gozimm

Quote from: "Senators2005"
Why do any of us care?  Obviously none of the Nats players do.  Franks asleep and the rest of the team is just waiting for a paycheck.   :?

(Image removed from quote.)Washington 1
(Image removed from quote.)Florida 5

I have actually stopped caring when the Nats lose.  For all my other teams i get upset when they lose but for the Nats it doesnt really bother me.  Ill still watch the games and cheer for the team, but i do it without much emotion.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "Vladman1327"
In defense of Kearns and Lopez, the Nationals really have no shot at making the playoffs or anything.  I do not like the fact that Lopez is not trying (I do not get the games on TV, but this is what I have heard), but it is a little depressing to get traded from a contending team to a last place team.  Plus, they just came off a trade.

I do miss Bray and Majewski and Clayton, but these guys, in my opinion will have a much bigger impact in the next few years.  They are both young, everyday players.  Plus, remember, we still have Luis Ayala, who is an ace out of the bullpen.  Majewski was not performing this year.  Bray will probably be good, but Kearns and Lopez are everyday players who have played everyday for a couple of years.

I think this trade was a great move, even if we are losing Bray.  We got Wagner, who is supposed to have a lot of potential.  Plus, now, we have the 6th pick in next year's draft (yeah, we are that bad).  I also think it is too early to just yell at Lopez and Kearns when we all know that we have no chance at the playoffs.  In fact, it may be more beneficial to lose.  As hard as it may seem to root against our beloved Nationals, we are in a rebuilding process.  So, maybe all these errors are not a bad thing. :)

And I thought I was the biggest cockeyed Optimist on the planet ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Wha??? We got a run??? Wha???

Offline sportsfan882

NJ showing the Nats how to hit.  What a hit, 0-2 count. unbelievable

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Nick gets a weird RBI...but we'll take it!

Washington 2
Florida 5

Offline sportsfan882

Good hit Esco