Author Topic: Strasburg and the 2012 NLDS  (Read 17712 times)

Offline MorseTheHorse

Strasburg and the 2012 NLDS
« Topic Start: October 10, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »
I've never made a thread before on WNFF.  But this is needed.  Not getting Strasburg on the playoff rotation was a HUGE mistake.  Rizzo has got us a damn good team I'll give him that.  Any reasonable analysis says there is a really good chance we will make the playoffs a bunch over the next couple years, and maybe even win a World Series or two or three. 

But Rizzo has flucked up BIG TIME with Strasburg this year.  I don't want to hear any excuses.  When Rizza have a talent like Strasburg he has to get him to the playoffs.  I'm just an average Joe like the rest of you and I can come up with 3 or 4 different ways the Nats could have done it this year.  Rizzo gets paid a hell of a lot of money to assemble the BEST team possible.  A team without Strasburg was a disgrace to the fans, not to mention the LaRoches, Tracys and DeRosas who  might not see some of the projected glory years down the road. 

No, the series isn't over.  In fact Detwiler has a better then decent chance tomorrow, and Gio has already beat Wainright.  I hope this post gets mocked mercilessly for years after we pull out this series and then go on to win our first WS.  But right now, we are down 2-1 and I blame one person and one person only.  MIKE RIZZO.  Thanks for nothing Mike!!!