Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171612 times)

Offline Gleason2

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #50: November 12, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »
I don't get all of the love for Bustin' Loose.  It's not that great.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #51: November 12, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »

I agree with ya but I think it's more a "legend" thing.   Chuck is a go-go innovator and he's DC's own.   

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #52: November 13, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »

It's a unique sound and Chuck Brown is a DC original!  I love it!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #53: November 13, 2011, 08:46:26 AM »
I like funk with a horns. For me, it's just that simple.

I agree with ya but I think it's more a "legend" thing.   Chuck is a go-go innovator and he's DC's own.   

Offline blue911

« Reply #54: November 13, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »
I like funk with a horns. For me, it's just that simple.

Then we need George & Bootsy

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #56: November 13, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »
Then we need George & Bootsy

Love "Maggot Brain"

Offline NATSCSMGR

• Greetings From Nationals Park!
« Reply #57: November 17, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
Hello Everyone! I am going to attempt to answer your non-baseball operations related questions (why dont you sign so-and-so, why did you trade so-and-so, etc.) about Nationals Park! I cant promise I can answer every question personally, but I am willing to give it a go!

Give me shout!

Sorry for the delay in answering some of your questions everyone! I have been out sick and I just returned today!

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #58: November 17, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
I am looking to decorate my yard next spring in a "Nats" motif.  What type of flowers are planted above the left field wall?

I spoke to our Groundskeeping Department here at Nationals Park and they informed me that the annual flowers above the left field wall are Begonias.  They said that they are a pretty tough annual plant and they thrive in that location!

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #59: November 17, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
I sent a recommendation to the team last season that they get rid of the submarine horn and show fireworks with the volume turned up on the big HD screen if they can't use real fireworks.  Any chance of that happening next season?

I think thats a great idea! I will bring that up at our next staff meeting! (Persoanlly, I'm a BIG fan of the fireworks!)

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #60: November 17, 2011, 12:46:23 PM »
serious question - the D.C. area is know for its ethnic food - Ethiopian, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.  When can we see some of this ethnic "flair" reflected in the eateries in the park? 

To add to that, how about engaging with Jose Andres to create a few eateries?

That is a great suggestion! I will speak to those department heads in charge and I'll post any information once I receive it!
Thanks!

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #61: November 17, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
This is all great and all but I'd just like for them to stop running out cups, drinks, ice, mustard, ketchup, cash, and registers that work and have a staff that understands and administers actual customer services before we open some bullcrap boutique carts.

Personally I'm not aware of these situations you describe being ongoing issues here at the ballpark. Would you be willing to send me an email with more information so I can look into it at gamedaystaff@nationals.com?

Thanks!

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #62: November 17, 2011, 12:52:40 PM »
On the garage in Right-Centerfield, there are 2 banners. One with names and logos of the American League teams, and the other with the National League.

What order are the teams depicted? Before you say alphabetical, go and take a second look...

OK, you stumped me (and many others) with this question. In fact a had to go check it out myself this morning as I never noticed that before. I need to investigate further and I'll post my results as soon as I receive them!

Thanks!

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #63: November 17, 2011, 12:58:18 PM »
You are a brave person. Good for you.

Two minor questions:
--Why is Budweiser so hard to come by nowadays?
--Why do the condiment stands always run out so early in the game?

Thanks again for doing this...shows a great service mentality...

Thank you for the kind words - Everyone has been nice (so far) so hopefully that will continue in the future!

As far as your questions are concerned. We are a "Miller" ballpark, so Miller products are more predominantly displayed thoughout the ballpark. As far as your condiment stand question is concerned. I forwarded your question to our concessionaires here at the ballpark (Levy Restaurant) so as soon as I hear back from them I will post their response!

Thanks!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #64: November 17, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »
Sorry for the delay in answering some of your questions everyone! I have been out sick and I just returned today!

Feel better. :D

It is a long offseason. Plenty of time.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #65: November 17, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
Personally I'm not aware of these situations you describe being ongoing issues here at the ballpark. Would you be willing to send me an email with more information so I can look into it at gamedaystaff@nationals.com?

Thanks!

If it'll help I'll send an email every time it happens.  One thing that I do want someone there to do something about is making ice and ice water easily available throughout the season.  The "cooling rooms" were awesome but if you're not nearby it sucks having to get hot water out of the water fountains (none have cool water) and not having ice to cool it down.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #66: November 17, 2011, 02:55:51 PM »
OK, you stumped me (and many others) with this question. In fact a had to go check it out myself this morning as I never noticed that before. I need to investigate further and I'll post my results as soon as I receive them!

Thanks!

So, I am not crazy - it's not exactly alphabetical. Just close enough that if you don't look twice, it seems fine.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #67: November 17, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »

Thanks!

I'm a little... stunned by this answer... Can the Nats provide a link, email address, twitter ID, phone number to call for when this happens in the coming season - so that the Customer Service Department can know when things fall out of spec?

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #68: November 17, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »
I'm a little... stunned by this answer... Can the Nats provide a link, email address, twitter ID, phone number to call for when this happens in the coming season - so that the Customer Service Department can know when things fall out of spec?

Please allow me to provide you with some additional information: There are several ways to contact us here at Nationals Park, all of which can be found on our website at www.nationals.com

TELEPHONE
Washington Nationals & Nationals Park information  202-640-7000
Levy Restaurants (Concessions) 202-640-7939

AT THE BALLPARK
You may go to any Guest Services location (Centerfield Gate, Sections 131 and 320)

FAN SUPPORT LINE
You can discreetly alert ballpark officials to unruly behavior or security issues during the game.
Text "SUPPORT" along with a brief description of the issue and its location to 91347 to contact ballpark officials when in need of assistance.

EMAIL:
Nats fans looking to make a suggestion or give the Nationals some feedback can do so by emailing their suggestions to fanfeedback@nationals.com, gamedaystaff@nationals.com or MajorLeagueMemories@nationals.com

I hope this helps!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #69: November 17, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
Got my STH survey questionnaire this afternoon, lots of questions about promotions and giveaways at the park.  Here are my rankings for several of the questions listed:

Top influences on attending games:
1 Giveaway/promotion (You betcha)
2 Opponent (Sure I'm planning on catching the Yanks, but for the most part I don't care much who we're playing)
3 Weather (Not as much for me as for the wife and kids)
4 Personal/work schedule (Unplanned work requirements are rare but have impacted my Nats schedule)
5 Day/date/time of game (Weekday afternoon games are great, otherwise anytime is fine)
6 Recent team performance (Only in September when the season starts to drag)
7 Ticket discount (Usually I have tickets ahead of time)
8 Post-game fireworks (Great for traffic if I'm leaving during the fireworks)
9 Special event/Concert (Can't remember attending one or being remotely interested)

Best promotions:
1 Kids items (We attend just about every kids game)
2 Schedule magnet/calendar (Got them all 2005-2011)
3 T-shirts (With no giveaways in 2011, somehow I came away from Nats Park with 4 free shirts!)
4 Caps (Sure, always need more)
5 Team branded items (Sounds good on paper, but mostly crap)
6 Rally items (Useless crap that doesn't even sound good on paper)
7 Bobbleheads (Other than the Presidents, don't need 'em)

Best players to link with promotions:
1 Michael Morse
2 Danny Espinosa
3 Wilson Ramos
4 Bryce Harper
5 Jordan Zimmermann
6 Ryan Zimmerman
7 Stephen Strasburg
8 Drew Storen
9 Tyler Clippard
10 John Lannan
11 Ian Desmond
12 Jayson Werth

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #70: November 18, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »
Was your questionaire in with your season ticket payment plan?  My friend hasn't gotten hers yet but I heard they were coming out in the next week.

Oh, by the way, I'll write an email but could you please:

Bring back the Caravan during the offseason
Have a Caravan stop at Caps game (I got the best autograph op there than almost any other event!)  Cross Marketing a plus!
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE THE PRESEASON FANFEST ON A WEEK DAY AND ESPECIALLY NOT THE DAY BEFORE OPENING DAY!
   :evil:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #71: November 18, 2011, 07:17:57 AM »
Was your questionaire in with your season ticket payment plan?  My friend hasn't gotten hers yet but I heard they were coming out in the next week.

Oh, by the way, I'll write an email but could you please:

Bring back the Caravan during the offseason
Have a Caravan stop at Caps game (I got the best autograph op there than almost any other event!)  Cross Marketing a plus!
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE THE PRESEASON FANFEST ON A WEEK DAY AND ESPECIALLY NOT THE DAY BEFORE OPENING DAY!
   :evil:

The STH poll came as a link in an email late yesterday afternoon.

As far as FanFest goes, I'm 100% in agreement with you that it should be moved back to the week before the Super Bowl.  But I'm fairly certain that it will be paired up with the spring training game against the Red Sox, which is a weekday, but at least it's during spring break for the kids.  Based on statements from last year I don't think that the decision makers want to be proven wrong, so they plan to continue with the idea that a FF right before the season is the best course of action.  Which will inevitably lead to us experiencing the joy of a FanFest where more than half of the attendees are wearing Red Sox caps.  The excuse for not having the Fest during the winter is lack of player availability, which is pretty lame considering how many other teams are able to pull it off.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #72: November 18, 2011, 08:01:51 AM »
This is minutia, but is there any reason they stopped putting the curly W in the grass in center field? I thought it gave the field some character as opposed to the bland pattern they used this past year.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #73: November 18, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »
This is minutia, but is there any reason they stopped putting the curly W in the grass in center field? I thought it gave the field some character as opposed to the bland pattern they used this past year.

$$$

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #74: November 18, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE THE PRESEASON FANFEST ON A WEEK DAY AND ESPECIALLY NOT THE DAY BEFORE OPENING DAY![/b]   :evil:

I'm gonna pile on to this statement, not only was the timing poor but it seemed to lack organization...as my guest put it...."Even the people in the yellow shirts with "Ask Me" written on the back had no idea what was going on.