Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #75: November 04, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »
I'll try and get on for a bit. Level 21 now. Really like the game but my internet is slow so I suffer from lag a lot.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #76: November 04, 2013, 05:57:41 PM »
I'll be on about 6:30.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #77: November 04, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »
I get off work at 9pm. I'll have to see what the wife has in mind, if she's in bed early, I'll play a bit tonight. I have training tomorrow that I was supposed to go to today :lol: I swear it was for tomorrow.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #78: November 04, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »
Just got done eating, will be on soon, but I've only got a lv4 guy in Dom league, and assorted 10-20somethings in standard league (and a level 15 hardcore)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #79: November 04, 2013, 07:14:24 PM »
What are the different leagues? I haven't spent much time looking into anything other than just playing.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #80: November 04, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
What are the different leagues? I haven't spent much time looking into anything other than just playing.

There is standard, which is just the normal game, hardcore, where it's only characters that haven't died.  Unlike other games like diablo though, if you die in hardcore you go to standard, your character doesn't get locked.

There are currently also 2 4 month leagues:

Domination, which is the default for new players.  It's like standard but with the added buff shrines throughout the world and unique items that you can only get in domination.

Nemesis, which is hardcore but also has nemesis specific monster "mods" to make it even harder.

They, at least in beta and I assume they will continue, also periodically add leagues.  For instance they had cut-throat leagues before.  In cut-throat, instead of you having your own instance of zones, they were all public.  Meaning other players could freely join no matter what (you couldn't be private if you wanted to).  In addition, full pvp was turned on, so you could get killed.  Add on top of that, on death you dropped all your items.  So basically you could be assaulted and robbed of all your equipped gear (or assault other players for their gear) :lol:

They also have races periodically, where it's only a few days or hours even.  A lot of times, in beta, there were prizes for completing challenges or being the top players in a race, such as signed posters or t-shirts and such.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #81: November 11, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
Didnt Realize the game had Steam Achievements till I got one..

Anyhow, I am gonna take my first run at Brutus tonight when i get home at like 12, 1230ish tonight.

Also, I am on the lookout for Bow skill gems. I have decided to build a Magical Archer type Shadow. Bows are too much fun.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #82: November 11, 2013, 08:30:11 PM »
I have a couple extra ones if you need them.  I'll have to check but I think I have a spare burning arrow, and a spare split arrow.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #83: November 13, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
Good size update...