Author Topic: These draftee's are still playing and are on tv.  (Read 907 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

I don't know if it's been posted or not, or if this is the right forum, but these players were drafted by the Nats and are in contention or have already qualified for next week's College World Series, which I will be at.  If you want to get a look at these guys and see who may be the future of the franchise, nearly all of the games are on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU.

Boomer Whiting   - Louisville, outfield
Zach Pitts - Louisville, rhp
Martin Beno   - Oklahoma State, rhp
John Reagan - Rice, catcher
Kyle Gunderson - Rice, rhp

Rice has qualified for the College World Series.

Both of the Rice players are seniors as is Whiting of Louisville, so there shouldn't be any trouble signing them, Pitts for Louisville and Beno of Okie St. are Jrs, so that could get interesting I wouldn't expect then to sign after being picked in the 30th and 36th rounds unless they give them big signing bonuses.

Offline hammondsnats

i posted this on another thread earlier...

"Some of the Nationals draft picks are playing the NCAA baseball playoffs ... including one of their later picks Zack Pitts from Louisville who threw 7 scoreless innings, giving up 4 hits and striking out 6 in the Cardinals win over Oklahoma State yesterday!

Pitts was taken @ 910th pick/30th round (his fellow teammate OF Boomer Whiting was takend 850th)."

Offline DPMOmaha

my bad, I looked but didn't see it.  Sorry.

Offline hammondsnats

no worries bud.  i like this thread!