Author Topic: Is there a way to not view pictures at all?  (Read 2016 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan2

Is there a way to not view pictures at all?
« Topic Start: October 22, 2012, 04:22:04 PM »
I don't want to hamper what other people post or even start that discussion (again). Is there a way to supress pictures all together? I don't think there is. I have checked profile settings.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Re: Is there a way to not view pictures at all?
« Reply #1: October 22, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »
Try browsing on wnff.net/m - it's a really simple layout with absolutely no pictures, and you can reply to posts, go through your PMs, etc. It's the mobile version but it works on the desktop perfectly fine. The only problem is that I don't know how to get back to the main page without just retyping wnff.net/m or hitting back a few times.

Doesn't even have smilies or banners. Just text.

All the Login/Logout stuff is at the bottom of that page... took me a while to find it  :roll:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #2: October 23, 2012, 01:58:35 AM »
Based on what you're asking, I'm assuming that Copec is the issue. In that case, pay someone run him over with a cement mixer. That would solve the issue of teh suggestive pictures.

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #3: October 23, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »
I have tried it, and I probably will use it. I don't find it as easy to use, though - just not as many visual cues.

Thanks.

Try browsing on wnff.net/m - it's a really simple layout with absolutely no pictures, and you can reply to posts, go through your PMs, etc. It's the mobile version but it works on the desktop perfectly fine. The only problem is that I don't know how to get back to the main page without just retyping wnff.net/m or hitting back a few times.

Doesn't even have smilies or banners. Just text.

All the Login/Logout stuff is at the bottom of that page... took me a while to find it  :roll:

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #4: October 23, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »
I don't want anyone to change their behavior because of my work limitations. And it's not like the pics aren't enjoyable... just not at work. :)
Based on what you're asking, I'm assuming that Copec is the issue. In that case, pay someone run him over with a cement mixer. That would solve the issue of teh suggestive pictures.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #5: October 23, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
I have tried it, and I probably will use it. I don't find it as easy to use, though - just not as many visual cues.

Thanks.

It is harder to use but if you're so determined to get on here but don't want any images at all than that's what you have to settle for :P

If you can add addons to your browser maybe install something like Imageblock? As far as I can tell, you can just block images on specific websites, however they will still load, the just are hidden - dunno if that can get you in trouble at work. The mobile site just doesn't load the images at all.

Image Blockers:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/image-block/ (firefox)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/blocker/epdedalbkhcbhcmcpfglmhngjpgimcmm (chrome)

Offline blue911

« Reply #6: October 23, 2012, 01:43:41 PM »
I don't want to hamper what other people post or even start that discussion (again). Is there a way to supress pictures all together? I don't think there is. I have checked profile settings.

You could poke your eyes out.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #7: October 23, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
You could poke your eyes out.

Damn bro  ...  :)

Offline blue911

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #9: October 23, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »
Huh. I'll consider image blocking software. Thanks.

Edit - Perfect. It works as well as I could hope. Thanks for the suggestion!

It is harder to use but if you're so determined to get on here but don't want any images at all than that's what you have to settle for :P

If you can add addons to your browser maybe install something like Imageblock? As far as I can tell, you can just block images on specific websites, however they will still load, the just are hidden - dunno if that can get you in trouble at work. The mobile site just doesn't load the images at all.

Image Blockers:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/image-block/ (firefox)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/blocker/epdedalbkhcbhcmcpfglmhngjpgimcmm (chrome)