Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 168338 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #750: November 16, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »
Ask a woman, they are the ones reading/watching. What man on this world can truly understand the way a woman thinks? I say that in no way attempting to be a dick, but seriously, it's true. We think different on so many different levels. The wife just loves the romance or whatever in the books. And then the nasty of 50 Shades... All I can say is while she was reading all of those books, I was getting laid like crazy. I'll buy them for her if she wants :lol:

Ms. Houston read the Wiki summary of 50 Shades and nearly through a ragefit against society just based on that. But on the other hand, she did invent the Twilight movie drinking game, which is you drink every time you feel like you need to keep drinking in order to willingly watch Twilight. The first game ended after 40 minutes for participant safety :lol:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #751: November 17, 2012, 01:38:56 AM »
I need to see the Twilight movies. I've heard so many people totally obliterate them critically that I'm curious.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #752: November 17, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »
Ms. Houston read the Wiki summary of 50 Shades and nearly through a ragefit against society just based on that. But on the other hand, she did invent the Twilight movie drinking game, which is you drink every time you feel like you need to keep drinking in order to willingly watch Twilight. The first game ended after 40 minutes for participant safety :lol:

Drink during teen angst -  you should pass out decently early

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #753: November 17, 2012, 09:58:49 AM »
You know, on a 6 degrees of seperation note, the volume on my cell phone goes to 11. Seriously.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #754: November 17, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »
I need to see the Twilight movies. I've heard so many people totally obliterate them critically that I'm curious.

I went with a few friends to see the first movie in theaters for the lulz. Bella's dad was the best. Our group laughed more than we should, we got a LOT of stares...

But I remember reading Twilight quite a few years ago, must have been 14 at the time :shrug: it was OK for a teenager, it does have the romance that teenage girls (and middle aged women) want, and it's easy to read. Never really got past that one though, and never really wanted to. It wasn't until about a year later until I started hearing the Twilight craze and subsequent hate.

You know, on a 6 degrees of seperation note, the volume on my cell phone goes to 11. Seriously.

Awesome! I didn't really care for that movie though (This Is Spinal Tap), it had funny bits but overall I wasn't "getting" it. That might be because I know nothing about the lives of who they were parodying.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #755: November 17, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »
Off to see Lincoln. I'll let you'll know how it is. Very excited to see it!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #756: November 17, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
Awesome! I didn't really care for that movie though (This Is Spinal Tap), it had funny bits but overall I wasn't "getting" it. That might be because I know nothing about the lives of who they were parodying.

Well to be fair I'm way too young to get whatever inside jokes there may be, and I don't know if they're specifically parodying anybody, but the movie is still hilarious to me... the dial that goes to 11, the drummers who keep dying, the interviews over the end credits. EDIT: Yeah I think the end credits are my favorite part of the whole movie. My favorite line of the whole movie is the very last line, too.

I'll forgive you this time, but if you watch 'Top Secret!' and don't think it's funny, we can never be friends.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #757: November 17, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »
Lincoln was fantastic... And sneaky funny. It dragged in some spots, and if you're looking for Civil War action you'll be disappointed... But it lived up to my expectations.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #758: November 17, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »
Lincoln was fantastic... And sneaky funny. It dragged in some spots, and if you're looking for Civil War action you'll be disappointed... But it lived up to my expectations.

Thanks Linty.   I think it's just what I'm lookin' for   ....  plan on seeing it Tuesday.    I'm a Lincoln guy and I look forward to a more realistic portrayal of Lincoln.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #759: November 17, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
Why is Red Dawn getting a remake?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #760: November 17, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
Because Hollywood has no imagination.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #761: November 17, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »

Wife and I were just talking about that ...  we both kind of liked the original.   I was telling her this version originally had the Chinese as the enemy.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #762: November 17, 2012, 04:06:12 PM »

Offline mitlen

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #764: November 17, 2012, 09:10:57 PM »
My brother is going to bring me his copies of Transformers 2 and 3 next time he visits.  :spaz:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #765: November 20, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »
Red Dawn was made in 2010.

Like the movie was completely done in 2010 filming, post production everything.

Dunno why it is just now releasing.

Offline LomboLover

« Reply #766: November 20, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »

Copecwby20 took me to see the final movie opening night. I'm a Twilight fan but he had absolutely no desire to go other than to make me happy. He laughed at parts but being who he is he had to bash it a little bit.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #767: November 20, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »
Copecwby20 took me to see the final movie opening night. I'm a Twilight fan but he had absolutely no desire to go other than to make me happy. He laughed at parts but being who he is he had to bash it a little bit.
Ah! A real fan! If I may, why do you like the series?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #768: November 20, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
Saw/heard Spielberg at Gettysburg yesterday and saw "Lincoln" today.   I like the movie (alot) but have come to realize that Spielberg's movies can't be watched.   They have to be absorbed.   Whether it's "Schindler's List", "Saving Private Ryan" or "Lincoln", he has grown beyond "ET" and "Close Encounters" and "Jaws"  .....   He's now a history story teller now.   Historical stories have to be told over and over to be appreciated.   I'll have to watch "Lincoln" a few more times.

Offline LomboLover

« Reply #770: November 21, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »
Ah! A real fan! If I may, why do you like the series?

I fell for the series in book format. I was really easy to read and in spite of its YA intended audience nemerous women I knew older than me recommended it to me. We all got wrapped up in the characters, the mushiness of their love and the strength of their devotion. It's a classic chick series that no matter how old the women reading it are they wish they had someone who was that devoted to them and their happiness.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #771: November 21, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
Watched the new Spiderman... wasn't as good as expected. But I always expect superhero flicks to be great and I'm almost always let down. The only ones that have been "great" in my eyes has been the Avengers and, to a lesser extent, Captain America.

But I have not seen the Batman trilogy so I probably can amend this problem.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #772: November 21, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »
Watched the new Spiderman... wasn't as good as expected. But I always expect superhero flicks to be great and I'm almost always let down. The only ones that have been "great" in my eyes has been the Avengers and, to a lesser extent, Captain America.

But I have not seen the Batman trilogy so I probably can amend this problem.

Yeah. Better get working on that. Like now.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #773: November 22, 2012, 02:49:19 AM »
Transformers 2 is BAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Two and a half hours of nothing but annoying bullcrap happening. The Transformers barely say anything, (The ones that do talk are the freaking annoying Jar-Jar bots. freak Michael Bay.) the human characters are all stupid and worthless, the final battle goes on for so long that one loses interest, Optimus Prime is dead for most of the movie, the entire first hour/hour and a half is completely unnecessary, the plot is full of crap, and Michael Bay is an ass.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #774: November 22, 2012, 02:58:23 AM »
The third one is much better... but that's not saying much.