Author Topic: OK Seriously, how are we handling the NLDS threads?  (Read 3901 times)

Offline BigMeech

I just want to do the motivational speech.

Think I'm pretty good at those.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
as long as we get a thread, i'm not really too concerned over who starts it.  Chief should get at least one though (or auction it off for charity). 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Welch, edstroud, blue

Stick with rookies

Offline DPMOmaha

Wasn't excluding anyone, DPM houston and Minty were just the first three way-out-of-town names that sprang to mind.

I'm up for whatever, or nothing, it's not that huge a deal to me.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
With that W/L, I vote for a heavy dose of Chief.

Offline bshep86

• Thank you Davey!
as long as we get a thread, i'm not really too concerned over who starts it.  Chief should get at least one though (or auction it off for charity).

Hey if you can sell used bottles for $100 bucks and corks for $50, I don't see why Chief can't fetch $500 for "charity."

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
We need to work this thing out.

For reference, here's the discussion so far:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=27843.0

MERGE!  MERGE!  MERGE!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Save PUTIN! for a must win.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I'm votin' for The Chief for the opener.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
It should be Chief or anyone with 40K posts or more. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
It should be Chief or anyone with 40K posts or more. 

Offline nats2playoffs

If it's really what people want, I'll do the first one.  Since it's a road game and I like taking "confrontational" games (like my win vs Hudson), that would work out alright.  We could give N2P the first home game, since that's guaranteed to be played as well and also has special significance.  I don't know what to suggest for the other game(s).  As Coladar said, I don't want anyone to feel snubbed.

ronnynat hasn't been mentioned yet, that I recall.  He's been "waiting as long as it takes" for a long time.  Not sure if he'd even be interested.
That's fine with me.  I still don't have a computer, and I'm at a local convention all day today and most of tonight.  (I'm using a guest computer at this site.)  Unless The Chief says I should post the first nats-to-playoffs game, I'll assume he's going to do it.  If he wants me to do tomorrow's opener, I can check this thread before midnight tonight.  I'd have to go somewhere else tomorrow morning to do it, so Wednesday's home opener is more convenient for me anyway.

Washington Senators' Joe Judge is safe at third in the ninth inning of the seventh game of the World Series in Washington between the Senators and the New York Giants on Oct. 5, 1924. .

Offline mitlen

nats2 works as well !    Love his graphics.    Let's just get a "W".    I noticed how spider tried to do a little self promotion on the sly   ...   hmmmmm

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I put up a Pregame thread.  Relocate, Merge, Have at it!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Game Threads Need PATRIOTISM!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Hey if you can sell used bottles for $100 bucks and corks for $50, I don't see why Chief can't fetch $500 for "charity."

Hey Chief, there you go, you can auction off game thread honors and fund 2013!

Offline mitlen

Game Threads Need PATRIOTISM!!!!!!!!!!!

(Image removed from quote.)

God Bless America

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Alright, I'm taking tomorrow, N2P gets the first home game.  I nominate DPM for game 2 unless anyone strenuously objects.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Alright, I'm taking tomorrow, N2P gets the first home game.  I nominate DPM for game 2 unless anyone strenuously objects.

My only complaint is that the thread hasn't been created yet. :)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
My only complaint is that the thread hasn't been created yet. :)

Been working on it, almost ready to go.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
If we make the series we need lodson to join and make the thread featuring ean deesmnd and Bruce hamper

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
If we make the series we need lodson to join and make the thread featuring ean deesmnd and Bruce hamper
Don't forget Adam Zimmerman.

Offline Coladar

Since we're apparently going with random assigning of games, my vote is Chief starts each first game. Particularly if we win tomorrow. Chief gets Game One of the NLDS, NLCS and WS. The N2P thing works too. Anyone who has had that as his username since forever damn sure deserves the start after so long a wait.

I still don't quite get how the rest are going to be selected. Obviously everyone on here wants the opportunity, myself included. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't. That in mind, I'm not sure how the whole hurt feeling/jealousy/enviousness gets avoided, particularly the more playoff games we play. Everyone wants it, at worst there'll be three or four, best case 10, and could be as many as 19. I think randomly picking folks as N2P was selected is going to end up pissing those not chosen off. N2P deserves it for username alone, never mind his longevity and activity on the forum. After that... Doing it by post counts seems meh. Length registered slightly less so, but still meh. Prior GDT records, well, if you base it on this season plus requiring at least two games, I'd be fifth. So considering I'd be almost guaranteed a game assuming we advance, I still don't think it's optimal.

I'm still in love with my creativity/voting thing, but clearly am alone on that one. Saying that, I don't see any other ideas save continuing, for the most part, random assignments of the games.

Offline hammondsnats

damn i thought i was a game back from .500.