Author Topic: Ryan Braun is a Juicer?  (Read 18600 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Ryan Braun is a Juicer?
« Reply #50: December 10, 2011, 08:39:03 PM »
ESPN:

National League MVP Ryan Braun, who last season led the Milwaukee Brewers to their first division title in nearly three decades, has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug and faces a 50-game suspension if the initial finding is upheld, two sources familiar with the case told "Outside the Lines."

Major League Baseball has not announced the positive test because Braun is disputing the result through arbitration.

A spokesman for Braun issued a statement Saturday: "There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident he will ultimately be exonerated."

The 28-year-old Braun had to provide a urine sample for testing during the playoffs, and he was notified of the positive test sometime in late October -- about a month before he was named the National League's most valuable player.

The positive result was triggered by elevated levels of testosterone in Braun's system, the sources also told "Outside the Lines." A subsequent, more comprehensive test revealed the testosterone was synthetic -- not produced by Braun's body.

Since being informed of the results, Braun has been disputing his case. A source close to Braun said that when he was told about the positive test, he immediately requested to be tested again. That second test, the source said, was not positive. Those close to Braun believe that the difference between the two tests will show that the first test was invalid.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #51: December 10, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »
ESPN:

Reminds me of Morgan freeman's character in shawshank- lots of.innocent people

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #52: December 10, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »
ESPN: "Those close to Braun believe that the difference between the two tests will show that the first test was invalid."

Nope, it only proves that one of the tests was false. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #53: December 10, 2011, 08:52:46 PM »
Lol. they will stick by Braun.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #54: December 10, 2011, 08:57:28 PM »
Lol. they will stick by Braun.

I'm sure they will.  Poor ol' used carsalesman Selig has got to be crapting a Miata right now.  If Braun is found, via the tests, to be a juicer and he (Braun) hires the right PR people ol' Selig will be the most hated man, outside of Latrell Sprewell, in Milwaukee. 

Offline imref

« Reply #55: December 10, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »
so.....one has to wonder if Rizzo has called Grienke tonight, laughed into the phone, then hung up.

Offline PC

« Reply #56: December 10, 2011, 09:03:14 PM »
We don't play the Brewers until the 2nd half of the season so we'll still get him...likely all juiced up again.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #57: December 10, 2011, 09:03:24 PM »
so.....one has to wonder if Rizzo has called Grienke tonight, laughed into the phone, then hung up.

Pretty sure Grienke did that when he and the Brewers were in the NLCS while the Nats were sitting at home in late October.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #58: December 10, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
Well Greinke got into the playoffs.

I think he'd probably laugh right back.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #59: December 10, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »
We don't play the Brewers until the 2nd half of the season so we'll still get him...likely all juiced up again.

God I hope so.  I want everyone to start juicing again. 

Offline imref

« Reply #60: December 10, 2011, 09:07:16 PM »
from what i've read tonight the only viable excuse is that the test was tampered with or a player was framed (had something put into their food/drink), so it doesn't look all that good for Braun's chances of overturning this thing.  Sigh...

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #61: December 10, 2011, 09:10:01 PM »

[MikeJackson]Hee-Hee[/MikeJackson]

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #62: December 10, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »
He's going to try the same old bullcrap about how it was done unknowingly and PANatsFan will be the only one who believes him.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #63: December 10, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »
Quote from: Reggie Miller
Just spoke with my neighbor Ryan Braun, he says test is bogus, can only believe a man for his word.. Truth will always come out...

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #64: December 10, 2011, 09:44:14 PM »
:bang:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #65: December 10, 2011, 09:57:53 PM »
A spokesman for Braun issued a statement Saturday: "There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident he will ultimately be exonerated."

A weirdly specific statement, if you ask me. Confident.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #66: December 10, 2011, 09:59:41 PM »
A weirdly specific statement, if you ask me. Confident.

Dottie Sandusky said similar crap though. People can delude themselves to a very high degree. Ryan is a overall great guy and not Dottie Sandusky-like in anyway, but the condfidence means little to me, I'm waiting for the hard evidence.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #67: December 10, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
:bang:

I'm willing to wait until the appeal is decided to assume he's a cheater. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #68: December 10, 2011, 10:27:49 PM »
He'll.come up with something, some die hard brewers fans will believe him

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #69: December 10, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »
I'm willing to wait until the appeal is decided to assume he's a cheater. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #70: December 10, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
Next test would be 100 games, then a 3d would be lifetime suspension.

I'm dubious of some of the drug testing after WADA admitted that the clenbuterol tests were showing inadvertent contamination of food in the Mexico case and Contador likely is going to show inadvertent contmination.  Also the chain of custody in the Landis case (even though he has subsequently copped a plea to other incidents).   Unless there was changed in the test method to produce a positive that had previously been undetectable, I am skeptical he cycled on for the playoffs.  I don't think testosterone has that quick of a performance enhancement.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #71: December 10, 2011, 10:57:16 PM »
I'm dubious of some of the drug testing after WADA admitted that the clenbuterol tests were showing inadvertent contamination of food in the Mexico case and Contador likely is going to show inadvertent contmination.

Right, it'll be interesting to see what leaks from this and what happens to Braun.  I'd prefer for him not to be a cheater but if that's the case so be it.  I am curious what their testing methodology is.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #72: December 11, 2011, 12:19:13 AM »
Unless there was changed in the test method to produce a positive that had previously been undetectable, I am skeptical he cycled on for the playoffs.  I don't think testosterone has that quick of a performance enhancement.

Exactly, it's not like some miracle drug that automatically increases power, is it?  In any event, this makes me very sad, Milwaukee supports that team so much and it's sad for me that the fans have to deal with losing Prince and now this about Braun :( 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #73: December 11, 2011, 01:47:56 AM »
For what its worth, Braun pissed clean a week or two later when they tested him again to see if the first results were a mistake.

Of course, if someone is cycling on/off, they'll likely pee clean in a second test as they'd likely have cycled off by then.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #74: December 11, 2011, 08:15:14 AM »
Aren't they moving to the blood test next season?