Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 3  (Read 23860 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 3
« Reply #500: May 10, 2009, 08:03:56 PM »
well, it actually is easier to throw a strike. it's just harder to throw a strike past a hitter than to make a free throw. but in terms of actually throwing a strike from the mound, it's easier.

I'm sure they throw strikes when they're warming up. :lol:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #501: May 10, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
Then you should know that it's MUCH harder to throw a strike than it is to hit a free throw. It'd make sense if you had to throw curves and sliders at the rim and if someone was trying to block it every time.

Trust me. I can't throw any pitch but a fastball anymore... but I can certainly send a fastball right down the plate.

Offline DieselTurtle

• All 600 Pounds
« Reply #502: May 10, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »
Goodbye Alex Cintron.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #503: May 10, 2009, 08:04:39 PM »
thanks a lot Acta and Rizzo Bowden you freak faced low lifes

and cintron, kensing, olsen AND NIEVES good games today :clap:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #504: May 10, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »
freak "start the scrubs Sunday" and freak the bullpen.

tomorrow is an automatic loss.

Acta's decisions today have been inexcusable from a Major League manager.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #505: May 10, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »
Trust me. I can't throw any pitch but a fastball anymore... but I can certainly send a fastball right down the plate.

I throw more curves for strikes than fastballs. :lol:  I can make 9 or 10 straight free throws pretty easily.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #506: May 10, 2009, 08:06:10 PM »
and cintron, kensing, olsen AND NIEVES good games today :clap:
bowden and rizzo. freak them both. freak Rizzo more because he is the one who is in charge now and refuses to fix this crap.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #507: May 10, 2009, 08:06:49 PM »
Acta's decisions today have been inexcusable from a Major League manager.

it was a sunday day game when the team had been playing consecutive games in a row ... but your boy nieves is terrible and should be cut right away.

and why bat hernandez lead off?  he's found a groove in the 8-hole, just keep him there.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #508: May 10, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »
bowden and rizzo. freak them both. freak Rizzo more because he is the one who is in charge now and refuses to fix this crap.

bowden has been here since the beginning and is pretty much 93% responsible for this roster.  how is he going to trade kearns and his $9 million dollar contract THAT YOUR BOY gave to him.

another day of sf blaming everyone else in the world except for his clique.  c'mon man, you're better than that.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #509: May 10, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »
i'd rather have Nieves than Bard.

if it wasn't for Wil, we would've lost the game last night. he saved so many wild pitches from Hanrahan in the 9th.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #510: May 10, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »
it was a sunday day game when the team had been playing consecutive games in a row ... but your boy nieves is terrible and should be cut right away.

and why bat hernandez lead off?  he's found a groove in the 8-hole, just keep him there.
exactly. Hernandez in the lead-off hole is a nightmare.

Cintron should not be on the roster over Alberto Gonzalez. no way.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #511: May 10, 2009, 08:10:35 PM »
bowden has been here since the beginning and is pretty much 93% responsible for this roster.  how is he going to trade kearns and his $9 million dollar contract THAT YOUR BOY gave to him.

another day of sf blaming everyone else in the world except for his clique.  c'mon man, you're better than that.
WTF? Nieves was horrible. I'm blaming him plenty. But our offense is doing great. Let's focus on the pitching staff which Rizzo refuses to address. Do you not realize the potential we have here? With a good pen we are a contender.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #512: May 10, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
Manny is an idiot for going with Cintron today.

Please get rid of him or is he another saved ass in this club?

Today sucked, as a team, we needed this win and the sweep to get us closer to atleast smelling competition. 8 runs should win a game.

I think Willingham should play more often. Just seems he could get his bat working more with more PA. I do enjoy how well our offense is doing so far though. Why does pitching have to freak us up so much?

Offline cruiser

« Reply #513: May 10, 2009, 08:14:10 PM »
Cintron should not be on the roster over Alberto Gonzalez. no way.

Cintron shouldn't be on the roster over me - I can be overpowered by major league pitching with the best of 'em.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #514: May 10, 2009, 08:16:40 PM »
WTF? Nieves was horrible. I'm blaming him plenty. But our offense is doing great. Let's focus on the pitching staff which Rizzo refuses to address. Do you not realize the potential we have here? With a good pen we are a contender.

He hasn't really addressed this problem, but the point is, what do you want us to do about it? (dont answer that, we know what you want but its really hard to come by right now). We can't just get some really good reliever. We can keep testing our crop but it will probably show the same outcome. One thing that he SHOULD do is bring Clippard up and that is a problem.But currently, there is not many options out there.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #515: May 10, 2009, 08:20:24 PM »
Manny is an idiot for going with Cintron today.

He got on base twice tonight and his "error" was just unlucky. That ball, IMO, would have beaten the runner to third. He's a backup and he'll maybe get one start per week. He shouldn't be pinch hitting for us, but it's not really a big deal having him as a defensive replacement. He's an above average shortstop. With the offense that we have here, I'd much rather have a good fielding shortstop backing Guzman up than a guy who can hit okay but can't throw a guy out at first.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #516: May 10, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »
well if they can't then they should be released.

yeah, i'm looking at Tavarez.

Right, because there are so many relievers out there who are just strike out machines.  Please, Julian goes two innings and gives up 1 run in his second inning, and he's the one you want to get rid of?  Genius.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #517: May 10, 2009, 08:23:42 PM »
clippard gave up 2 runs today btw

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #518: May 10, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »
about time he gave up a few runs. it had been a long while. that means nothing to me. both him and Bergmann should be up here right now.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #519: May 10, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
He got on base twice tonight and his "error" was just unlucky. That ball, IMO, would have beaten the runner to third. He's a backup and he'll maybe get one start per week. He shouldn't be pinch hitting for us, but it's not really a big deal having him as a defensive replacement. He's an above average shortstop. With the offense that we have here, I'd much rather have a good fielding shortstop backing Guzman up than a guy who can hit okay but can't throw a guy out at first.

Eh, let me rephrase that. "Manny is an idiot for sticking with Cintron". I agree defense is important for a back up but someone whos batting this terribly, for about a month and a half, baffles me.

It stinks to know when its coming up to his spot in the order you get nervous because of his production and if he can get a hit in situations, which he hasn't yet.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #520: May 10, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »

And Kensing gave up four in less than an inning.

What's your point?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #521: May 10, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
We have awful fans of the Nats. But some of thse are great individual fans.  :?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #522: May 10, 2009, 08:33:50 PM »

O NOES!!!!!!! forget calling Clippard up, he gave up 2 runs!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #523: May 10, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
all i said was he gave up two runs, i didn't say let's not call him up or let's demote him to AA like he was freddie bynum.