Author Topic: Bonds on pace to hit No. 756 in RFK in early August.  (Read 3523 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Are you kidding?  This can't be true.

It's common knowledge.  If you knew someone inside WWE at all, they would tell you that.  If you want real wrestling, watch UFC (not that I do, but if YOU do).

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
You really didn't know the ending of the match was pre-rigged or  were you being sarcstic?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Kim,
EDIT:
While the picture was certainly exploitative, the term you used is not so PC, and could offend some.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
You can't be serious.  "Professional" wrestling is RIGGED.  The outcome of each match is predetermined.  They are putting on an elaborate play.  The wrestlers themselves admitted this in a New York civil suit many years ago, and it's been repeatedly confirmed since then.  So there are NO real records at all.

While I don't like the attitude conveyed in your message, at least you stuck to the facts and didn't say something ridiculous like "it's all fake and they have no talent," which would be wrong.  Also, just because outcomes are scripted doesn't mean the entire show is planned out line by line.  A lot of things are ad-libbed and improvised, and the records themselves still matter regardless of whether or not the outcomes of the matches are pre-determined.  "An elaborate play" is probably the fairest assessment of pro-wrestling I've ever seen made by someone who so obviously detests it.

Offline ronnynat

Man, where'd the topic go? I think a lot of this belongs on the post about that wrestler's death.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
You really didn't know the ending of the match was pre-rigged or  were you being sarcstic?

I was being a bit of a smartass.  Now before Chief jumps on me again, I don't need any lectures on the wonder, majesty and athleticism of pro-wrasslin'.  It's all great entertainment, I just don't care about it one way or the other, kind of like how I feel about auto racing.  I know lots of people like it, I just don't care. 

Peace.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
While I don't like the attitude conveyed in your message, at least you stuck to the facts and didn't say something ridiculous like "it's all fake and they have no talent," which would be wrong.  Also, just because outcomes are scripted doesn't mean the entire show is planned out line by line.  A lot of things are ad-libbed and improvised, and the records themselves still matter regardless of whether or not the outcomes of the matches are pre-determined.  "An elaborate play" is probably the fairest assessment of pro-wrestling I've ever seen made by someone who so obviously detests it.

Are you a WWE fan?  It is entertaining, I'll give you that, but for me, I just laugh at most of it while watching it.

Offline mikehughes

That first one is pretty raunchy!

That first one is pretty hot!

Offline kimnat

Kim,
EDIT:
While the picture was certainly exploitative, the term you used is not so PC, and could offend some.

PANats-  Thank you for your kind and soft response.  I do appreciate that.  I hope I'm not going to come across as being harsh, as that is not my intent.  I thought the term belonged w/ that picture as both are equally as offensive.  Besides, the PC stuff in this country has gone a bit too far.  Secular progressiveness has run amock and needs to settle down.  I get tired of playing into it.  Yes, you're right about not offending others, but how come conservatives get no apologies for the intolerances shown to them.  I apologize if anyone was offended.  But I think we're mostly grown-ups enough here to deal w/ it.  I don't make a stink about the Jesus references, but they offend me.  But I'm a big girl.  I'm not going to throw a fit.  I will delete my previous post though.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Kim -
Without getting into any political discussions (last thing I want when I talk about baseball), thanks for the mature response as well :) I don't think that 2 wrongs make a right, and I also know that what some find funny others get very offended about.

Offline kimnat

Thanks.  Wow, it's great how we can handle things like grown-ups.  Cool!