Author Topic: NL East Race Watch  (Read 172660 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: NL East Race Watch
« Reply #125: May 05, 2014, 05:57:26 PM »
The Barfs are just not that good.
Is there anything exceptional about that team except their closer?

They know how to beat our brains in? 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #126: May 05, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
They know how to beat our brains in? 

But they only do it 2/3 of the time.  :stir:

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #127: May 05, 2014, 07:01:53 PM »
You have no choice but to accept it.  They have kicked the Nats ass up and down a domain this year except for the start by T Jordan. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #128: May 05, 2014, 10:27:55 PM »
as of this moment.....

FIRST PLACE!!!!!

17-14 .548 for both Nats and Barves

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #129: May 05, 2014, 10:43:27 PM »
Braves suck

Division is ours to take

STOP SUCKING AND TAKE IT!!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #130: May 05, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »
as of this moment.....

FIRST PLACE!!!!!

17-14 .548 for both Nats and Barves

we should be in first by at least 2 games. unfortunately, we suck.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #131: May 05, 2014, 10:49:47 PM »
I actually don't think the Nats are capable of losing seven in a row.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #132: May 05, 2014, 10:50:11 PM »

or winning 7 in a row, sadly.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #133: May 06, 2014, 12:31:36 AM »
or winning 7 in a row, sadly.
Yes they are.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #134: May 06, 2014, 01:07:19 AM »
Yes they are.

They are capable, but they never seem to really put together a good winning streak. They can't seem to get more than two or three in a row before dropping one (or more).

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #135: May 06, 2014, 01:11:30 AM »
They are capable, but they never seem to really put together a good winning streak. They can't seem to get more than two or three in a row before dropping one (or more).
I'll take that ratio. But really, most teams play like that for most of the season. And every team goes on a streak or two somewhere in the season, it's whether it's on the plus side or negative that makes the difference. We've got five months of the season left. They'll get on a hot streak, maybe two, somewhere in there. I'm pretty confident of that.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #136: May 06, 2014, 01:27:08 AM »
First places nages!

Suck my tail pipe!

:panic:

Offline vicki4471

« Reply #137: May 06, 2014, 05:33:20 PM »
As far as I am concerned the season starts right now. We are at the top of the NL East and that erases all of the crappy errors and senseless losses because of the crappy errors. It does not matter any more that the Braves beat us in the first two series or how badly we fell behind. Because we CAUGHT BACK UP!!!! So today. It all starts today. WE pitch well, WE hit well and We field well starting today and nothing in April matters anymore. For everyone who says this team is just like last year... Did we ever catch up and pull ahead last year? I know it can at least partly be attributed to the meltdown the Braves seem to be having. But we only benefit from their losses when we win... and we have been... if we continue to do so then I see no more problems. our missing puzzle pieces are rejoining us one by one... We can do it...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #138: May 06, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »

As far as I am concerned the season starts right now. We are at the top of the NL East and that erases all of the crappy errors and senseless losses because of the crappy errors. It does not matter any more that the Braves beat us in the first two series or how badly we fell behind. Because we CAUGHT BACK UP!!!! So today. It all starts today. WE pitch well, WE hit well and We field well starting today and nothing in April matters anymore. For everyone who says this team is just like last year... Did we ever catch up and pull ahead last year? I know it can at least partly be attributed to the meltdown the Braves seem to be having. But we only benefit from their losses when we win... and we have been... if we continue to do so then I see no more problems. our missing puzzle pieces are rejoining us one by one... We can do it...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #139: May 06, 2014, 06:59:03 PM »

"I’ll be all around in the dark – I’ll be everywhere. Wherever you can look – wherever there’s a fight, so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there. Wherever there’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there. I’ll be in the way guys yell when they’re mad. I’ll be in the way kids laugh when they’re hungry and they know supper’s ready, and when the people are eatin’ the stuff they raise and livin’ in the houses they build – I’ll be there, too."

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #140: May 06, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
The Barfs are just not that good. They were the least impressive 94 win team I've ever seen last year. And that's why they were one and done.

Is there anything exceptional about that team except their closer?

Their short stop, first baseman, and LFer. And, frankly, given their injuries, I think their starting rotation has been exceptional.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #141: May 06, 2014, 07:06:08 PM »
Their short stop, first baseman, and LFer. And, frankly, given their injuries, I think their starting rotation has been exceptional.

Shortstop is average, first baseman is exceptional, and their LF is average at best. And, puhhleease, their starting rotation is not going to hold up.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #142: May 06, 2014, 09:15:47 PM »
You guys better start paying attention to the Marlins. The future 2014 Cy Young winner and MVP are both playing for the Fish.

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

« Reply #143: May 06, 2014, 10:53:35 PM »
You guys better start paying attention to the Marlins. The future 2014 Cy Young winner and MVP are both playing for the Fish.

16-5 at home, 2-10 on the road. Pretty strange split.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #144: May 06, 2014, 10:55:22 PM »
16-5 at home, 2-10 on the road. Pretty strange split.

Seems like all the young guys prefer minor league crowds

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #145: May 06, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »
there's a buffalo stampede heading into the NL East tomorrow....

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #146: May 07, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »
At least our division won't be boring

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #147: May 07, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »
"I’ll be all around in the dark – I’ll be everywhere. Wherever you can look – wherever there’s a fight, so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there. Wherever there’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there. I’ll be in the way guys yell when they’re mad. I’ll be in the way kids laugh when they’re hungry and they know supper’s ready, and when the people are eatin’ the stuff they raise and livin’ in the houses they build – I’ll be there, too."

no Henry Fonda, but, Springsteen and Tom Morello.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #148: May 07, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »

no Henry Fonda, but, Springsteen and Tom Morello.

I was thinking more of Steinbeck but Br-u-u-u-u-u-u-c-e certainly will do.     Morello can play !!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #149: May 07, 2014, 11:19:23 AM »
Yes, thus the Fonda reference.  That's one of the great speeches in movies I've ever seen.  Almost as passionate as Bluto, but more coherent.