Author Topic: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park  (Read 22867 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park
« Reply #275: May 06, 2012, 07:34:17 PM »
MASN Cup?  That's atrocious.  I always thought "Battle of the Beltway" sounded fine.

It was MLB board thing

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #276: May 06, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
MASN Cup?  That's atrocious.  I always thought "Battle of the Beltway" sounded fine.

It sounds good until you realize there are two beltways - so which one is it a battle for?

It's like what somebody from out of town would come up with without knowing local geography.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #277: May 06, 2012, 10:22:58 PM »
It sounds good until you realize there are two beltways - so which one is it a battle for?

It's like what somebody from out of town would come up with without knowing local geography.

Your overattention to detail really works against you sometimes :lol:

"The Beltway Series (promoted by the Nationals as The Battle of the Beltways) "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_Series

I accidentally the 's', your post is moot :P

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #278: May 07, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »
I prefer Natitude versus the Junior Circuit but I don't cotton to those changes after 1900 or Baltimore. 

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #279: May 07, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »

BLEECH !!!  This isn't tennis or horse racing

Oh, and the official name of the series is the MASN Cup.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #280: May 07, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »
BLEECH !!!  This isn't tennis or horse racing
Yabut one of the announcers used to model for Jockey.

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #281: May 07, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »
I saw that you are promoting the Os series coming up in a couple weeks and I was wondering if you are planning on doing the Os games in Baltimore.  I might have a conflict that weekend but if not I'd be interested in booking a trip.  (Possibly a Philly trip too, I did that last year and had a blast, my friends are asking if we are doing it again.)

We're planning on running a bus or two up to Baltimore on Saturday, June 23 (7:15pm) and up to Philly on Saturday, August 25 (7:05pm).

We may very well have more "bus stations" up and running by then, but do any of our current ones work well for you?: http://www.ballparkbus.com/busstations.php

If you're planning on renting an entire bus, we can help you out with that too. Just email us at info@ballparkbus.com with details.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #282: May 07, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
We're planning on running a bus or two up to Baltimore on Saturday, June 23 (7:15pm) and up to Philly on Saturday, August 25 (7:05pm).

Are there going to be D.C. stop for these trips? Announced prices? My brain might be fried but I don't see these on the website.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #283: May 08, 2012, 06:53:55 AM »

Due to poor family planning I have two kids with birthdays during baseball season and the party planning always seems to cause more disruption to my schedule than I would have ever dreamed possible so I'm not sure of my availability for those games.  The Philly trips are a tough one because that is a very long day.  I'd like to catch one of the games against the Os, hopefully if there is enough demand for the Saturday game there would be buses added for Friday and Sunday.   I haven't been back to Camden Yards for a couple years but I did notice that the number of Nats fans seemed to drop significantly from 2006 through the next few seasons, busing in a large group of Nats fans would help reverse that.

To make the longer trips work it might help to have multiple pick-up stops per bus, particularly the Philly trip would lend itself to a stop each in Virginia, DC, and Maryland as long as the locations are all along 95.  For the MASN trip to Philly last year the team allowed parking in their garage since it was a non game day and they had plenty of space.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #284: May 08, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »
I might, might be down for the Philly roadtrip bus. Never went there for obvious reasons, but taking the drive away plus our success against them plus the fact it might be playoff contention time... If this comes about, I'll give it a good long thunking aboot.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #285: May 08, 2012, 08:48:47 AM »
I might, might be down for the Philly roadtrip bus. Never went there for obvious reasons, but taking the drive away plus our success against them plus the fact it might be playoff contention time... If this comes about, I'll give it a good long thunking aboot.

You should go it's a nice park, similar ours with some cool features, we wore Nats gear and had no problems.  (Of course we were safe up in the MASN suite, man we pissed off a lot of people trash talking from up high)

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #286: May 09, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
So what would we need to do to get involved here ?  Would each of us need to purchase a ticket to the game individually or would that be part of a package ?  How much time in advance would we need to make a reservation ?

We may very well have more "bus stations" up and running by then, but do any of our current ones work well for you?: http://www.ballparkbus.com/busstations.php

If you're planning on renting an entire bus, we can help you out with that too. Just email us at info@ballparkbus.com with details.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #287: May 09, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »
Wait, are we talking about going in mass to create National's Park North? Now that could be fun.  :mg:

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #288: May 15, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
So what would we need to do to get involved here ?  Would each of us need to purchase a ticket to the game individually or would that be part of a package ?  How much time in advance would we need to make a reservation ?

We plan on offering a ride to Baltimore on June 23 for $29 per seat and to Philly on August 25 for $49 per seat. Reservations for each ride will open up 3 weeks prior to the game.

A minimum of 25 passengers will be needed for each trip, but as always, we won't process any payments until we meet our rider minimum.

We don't currently plan on selling a package to include game tickets, but if there's interest, we can certainly look into that.

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #289: May 15, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
Wait, are we talking about going in mass to create National's Park North? Now that could be fun.  :mg:

You know it!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #290: May 15, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »
I don't suppose you have a keg bus... :pray:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #291: August 24, 2012, 08:26:52 AM »
Bump - are these guys still in business?  Sounds like the Metro mess up may give them an opportunity in the playoffs.

Offline loshjott

« Reply #292: August 24, 2012, 11:19:59 AM »
Web site looks active - offering buses to FEDEX Field also.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #293: August 24, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »
Yeah, I follow them on twitter, and they often count down ("just five seats left..."). They seem to have created a workable business model.

They're doing a bus to Philly today.

Bump - are these guys still in business?  Sounds like the Metro mess up may give them an opportunity in the playoffs.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #294: August 24, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »
I follow them on facebook and they seem to be having success with trips from the outer burbs like Loudoun County. Not sure they ever had a bus take off from Ballston and closer in like they were planning.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #295: August 24, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
I would think that for the playoffs they might get some bites.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #296: August 24, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
I live in Oakton. What's the nearest stop for me?

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #297: August 24, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
Vienna is not far from Qakton

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #298: August 24, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »
Where in Vienna?

Offline RL04

« Reply #299: August 24, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »

:shrug:

The stops are listed on the web site.