Author Topic: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park  (Read 22873 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park
« Reply #25: January 26, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »
They just announced a station at the Green Turtle in Ballston. I will certainly try that during the season and report.

Offline mach1ne

« Reply #26: January 26, 2012, 06:17:13 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I live like five minutes from there and the metro takes forever from Ballston and dealing with L'enfant.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #27: January 26, 2012, 06:22:07 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I live like five minutes from there and the metro takes forever from Ballston and dealing with L'enfant.

I took Metro to a game once, once.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #28: January 26, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

I live ten minutes from there and it would be a nice change of pace. It would be nice to kick back and let someone else do the driving. All depends on the price and timing, of course.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #29: January 26, 2012, 08:00:35 PM »
The short track trains to the convention centre piss me off, otherwise Metro isn't too bad for me (straight shot on the Green line).  I did Red line from Woodley Park once, never again. 

If I lived in VA, I would be very tempted by the water taxi (which I believe leaves from the Torpedo Factory or thereabouts). 
I took Metro to a game once, once.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #30: January 26, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
I take metro everyday to work downtown and to every nats game.  Its not that bad.  A bus from near Manassas would be awsome but only on weekends (deja vu).

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #31: January 26, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
The short track trains to the convention centre piss me off, otherwise Metro isn't too bad for me (straight shot on the Green line).  I did Red line from Woodley Park once, never again. 

If I lived in VA, I would be very tempted by the water taxi (which I believe leaves from the Torpedo Factory or thereabouts). 

I'm going to try the water tax for a Saturday night game this year just for kicks.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #32: January 26, 2012, 11:03:18 PM »
I'm biking over every game.  Can't wait to order this baby for the rides over:

freak driving, freak Metro, freak paying to park.  It's two wheels or I'm sitting on my couch with all the FREE Pepsi Max I can handle with the game on and the ac blowing straight in my face.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #33: January 26, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

freak driving, freak Metro, freak paying to park.  It's two wheels or I'm sitting on my couch with all the Pepsi Max I can handle with the game on and the ac blowing straight on my ballz.

Such a wonderful mental image.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #34: January 26, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
Such a wonderful mental image.

I changed that.  :lol:

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #35: January 27, 2012, 07:15:13 AM »
Enjoy getting shot in the face.
                 :spit: OMG..OMG..OMG  (that's yuppie language - please excuse the slip... :mg:)   

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #36: January 27, 2012, 07:19:34 AM »
Where in Ballston ?

They just announced a station at the Green Turtle in Ballston. I will certainly try that during the season and report.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #37: January 27, 2012, 07:21:31 AM »
From the VA Orange Line, it's easier to get off at Capitol South and walk to the ballpark.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #38: January 27, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
Where in Ballston ?

At the new Green Turtle Restaurant on Glebe Rd. a couple of blocks from Ballston Common Mall.

Offline mach1ne

« Reply #39: January 27, 2012, 09:20:43 AM »
I'm going to try the water tax for a Saturday night game this year just for kicks.

Just an FYI, I thought about taking the water taxi to Nats Park because I was down at the National Harbor for Maryland Crab Fest.  It's kind of steep for transportation at $25 but if you are taking it just one time for fun it's not bad.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #40: January 27, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »
Just an FYI, I thought about taking the water taxi to Nats Park because I was down at the National Harbor for Maryland Crab Fest.  It's kind of steep for transportation at $25 but if you are taking it just one time for fun it's not bad.

that could be nice, park in old town, then hop across. 

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #41: January 27, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »

That was my thought about the Wtaer Taxi - it was a little pricey, and if you have a group of four (wife and kids), it gets real expensive real fast.

Has anyone seen what they'll be charging for the round trip from the Ballston Turtle? I work in Ballston and usually just drove over to the $15 lot near home plate. But if I can ave some real money, I'd be interested.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #42: January 27, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

freak driving, freak Metro, freak paying to park.  It's two wheels or I'm sitting on my couch with all the FREE Pepsi Max I can handle with the game on and the ac blowing straight in my face.

Where do you live?  How far is it from Nats Park?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #43: January 27, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
That was my thought about the Wtaer Taxi - it was a little pricey, and if you have a group of four (wife and kids), it gets real expensive real fast.

Has anyone seen what they'll be charging for the round trip from the Ballston Turtle? I work in Ballston and usually just drove over to the $15 lot near home plate. But if I can ave some real money, I'd be interested.

I don't think they've announced prices or schedules yet. From Ballston, I'm guessing less than $10 a person. But I'm just guessing.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #44: January 27, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »
Where do you live?  How far is it from Nats Park?

From the front door of my high rise to the park it's 3.2 miles by car and around 3.8 miles by bike.  Easily a 20-25 minute bike ride depending on bridge traffic.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #45: January 27, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »
From the front door of my high rise to the park it's 3.2 miles by car and around 3.8 miles by bike.  Easily a 20-25 minute bike ride depending on bridge traffic.

Nice. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #46: January 27, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »
Nice. 

I've got less than eight months before I do back-to-back century rides (100 milers) so I'm trying to get as much riding in as I can.  I also work next to the stadium two days a week.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #47: January 27, 2012, 05:30:02 PM »
I've never walked from the Danger Zone to the park or walked back.  sounds like it is doable on a nice day.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #48: January 27, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »
I've never walked from the Danger Zone to the park or walked back.  sounds like it is doable on a nice day.

:nono:

You forgot the ® [alt 0174]

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #49: January 27, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
:nono:

You forgot the ® [alt 0174]

I thought it was ™ :shrug: