Author Topic: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park  (Read 22867 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park
« Reply #225: March 07, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »
I hear you, brother. As I get older, I am getting more sensitive to people who over imbibe and frankly act like total imbeciles and take away from other people's enjoyment of the game.

Hell, I'm young and can't stand the same. Its the only advantage to having a ST in the Richy rich, elitist, braggart areas... Drinking is usually kept to sane minimums.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #227: March 20, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »
We just posted a brand new video on YouTube (and you can now find it on our website):

Bus seats go on sale for the Nats vs Reds series this Thursday!

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #228: March 20, 2012, 07:11:07 AM »
Are you guys looking for any stops in the Falls Church or Tysons Corner areas?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #229: March 20, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »

The Glory Days Grille in Vienna would be right next door and they already have a stop at the GDG in Herndon so....

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #230: March 20, 2012, 09:39:22 AM »

We'll be looking to expand around that area, down 95 South, and up in Maryland once this thing gets going.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #231: March 20, 2012, 01:37:03 PM »
The Glory Days Grille in Vienna would be right next door and they already have a stop at the GDG in Herndon so....

Where's the Glory Days in Vienna?  Are you referring to the one in the Pan Am shopping center at Nutley & Lee Highway?  I think that's considered either Fairfax or Falls Church.  Is there a stop planned for there?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #232: March 20, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
Definately Vienna, for the Vienna metro is there
Where's the Glory Days in Vienna?  Are you referring to the one in the Pan Am shopping center at Nutley & Lee Highway?  I think that's considered either Fairfax or Falls Church.  Is there a stop planned for there?

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #233: March 20, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »
Definately Vienna, for the Vienna metro is there

Glory Days considers that their Fairfax location if you look on their website.  I don't think that any part of Lee Highway is considered Vienna.

Offline RL04

« Reply #234: March 21, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »
Glory Days considers that their Fairfax location if you look on their website.  I don't think that any part of Lee Highway is considered Vienna.

Correct.  The Pan Am Plaza on Nutley has a Fairfax zip code:  22031

It is exactly a one-mile walk, by the way, to the Vienna metro.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #235: March 21, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
My bad re locale of GDG on Lee Highway. A spot near the Vienna Metro would indeed be ideal....but they already have a stop at the Ballston Metro, also on the Orange line.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #236: March 21, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
My bad re locale of GDG on Lee Highway. A spot near the Vienna Metro would indeed be ideal....but they already have a stop at the Ballston Metro, also on the Orange line.

There's no parking at the Ballston Green Turtle, though.  Not a great pick-up location.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #237: March 21, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
There's no parking at the Ballston Green Turtle, though.  Not a great pick-up location.

The Ballston Mall parking garage across the street only charges $1 if you enter after 6:00, and all day on weekends.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #238: March 22, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »
The Ballston Mall parking garage across the street only charges $1 if you enter after 6:00, and all day on weekends.

I think that I read that those parking fees are going to be increased sometime soon.  If not, $1.00 is definitely cheap parking.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #239: March 22, 2012, 07:30:50 AM »

I think they're counting on this to tap into the hordes of people who live in the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor who don't even have cars.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #240: March 22, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »
There is alot of street parking around it.  Meters end M-Sat at 5pm.  So no charge on nights and Sunday.  Residential zone parking regulations in effect only M-F until 5pm.

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #241: March 22, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
Bus seats for the Nats vs Reds series are now on sale. Book by this Saturday for just $15 per seat:

http://www.ballparkbus.com/mlb/01_was_cin.php

And if you become a fan on Facebook and ride with us to the Nats Home Opener on April 12, you may win a Ryan Zimmerman autographed baseball on the way to the game: www.facebook.com/BallparkBus

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #242: March 22, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »

Our Ballston location definitely breaks the mold when compared to our other locations. We're anxious to see how our concept works inside the beltway. We think there's enough businesses, fans within walking distance, etc. to give it a shot.

And we definitely have plenty of holes to fill when you look at our bus station map: http://www.ballparkbus.com/busstations.php

As word continues to spread and we're able to consistently meet our passenger minimums, we'll start adding locations all over the area.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #243: March 22, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »
There is alot of street parking around it.  Meters end M-Sat at 5pm.  So no charge on nights and Sunday.  Residential zone parking regulations in effect only M-F until 5pm.

That's good to know.  I'm feeling better about this one since it's the closest planned stop to my home in Falls Church.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #244: March 22, 2012, 08:25:36 PM »
Sigh- still no Maryland sites. Guess I'll have to subway or drive to OD.

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #245: March 22, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »
Sigh- still no Maryland sites. Guess I'll have to subway or drive to OD.

Bailey's in Germantown just signed on. We are starting the season with our current 5 locations, but will add Bailey's and others in the next phase once we get going.

What part of Maryland would you like us to set up a station at? Any restaurant suggestions?

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #246: March 23, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »
Bailey's in Germantown just signed on. We are starting the season with our current 5 locations, but will add Bailey's and others in the next phase once we get going.

What part of Maryland would you like us to set up a station at? Any restaurant suggestions?

Hard Times in Rockville.  2 minutes off 270 on Nelson Street.

But here's my question -- how do you intend to route the buses to Nats Park from Maryland?  As I understand, the GW Parkway is off-limits.  Outerloop to 66 and across?  Ouch. 

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #247: March 23, 2012, 10:50:59 AM »
A friend of mine Dirty Sanchez and I run a Gonzo adult film enterprise which effectively establishes plausible circumstances wherein otherwise far-fetched sexual adventures could happen to the viewer himself. We consider this an excellent opportunity for crossover marketing for our target demographic.

Are buses available for charter for such fliming and would you permit proper lighting (we mind the three P's)?

We would welcome further discussions regarding filming on Nats Bus at Ox Ideas. Thank you for your consideration.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #248: March 23, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »

Just beware the speed camera on Nelson between Montgomery Ave and Hard Times.

Note the Balkan Grill next door to H.T. has great sandwiches on fresh baked bread.

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #249: March 23, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »

But here's my question -- how do you intend to route the buses to Nats Park from Maryland?  As I understand, the GW Parkway is off-limits.  Outerloop to 66 and across?  Ouch.

You are correct that GW Parkway is off limits to buses, so the alternate route is 495 to 267 E and then 66 E. The decent news is that it only adds 3 extra miles to the trip. The bad news is that you have to continue on 495 for another exit and go through the bottleneck where 267 meets 66. Is it still worth a shot? We think so.