Author Topic: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park  (Read 22867 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: Ballpark bus to Nationals Park
« Reply #150: February 22, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
Excellent price, right where I was expecting/hoping it would be. About $3 more than metro, but you have to factor in the convenience of it.

Peak of the Peak from Ballston to Navy Yard is $3.30 and the return should be the regular fare of $3.10. So, $6.40 per person RT.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #151: February 22, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
Metro parking is free on the weekends.

Whatever, I park for free at my uncle's house. Its two blocks from the Dunn Loring Metro :D

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #152: February 22, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »
We're pleased to announce that Glory Days Grille Reston/Herndon just signed on to be our latest Ballpark Bus Station!

:clap:

Now we're getting close....

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #153: February 22, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
Metro round trip would cost $12 for one person?  That seems high to me.
Springfield Metro to Navy Yard for one person round trip (assuming the highest Peak of Peak prices), plus a potential parking fee of 4.50. It can get close to $12. It's less than 12/person when you bring 2 or more because they don't include parking, assuming you take one car.

Edit: Springfield to Navy Yard Round Trip (PoP one way, Reduced fare back) + Weekday parking = 12.45, or 7.95 for each additional person. It'll be even cheaper on the weekends, 5.50/person.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #154: February 22, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
Yeah, all very competitive with Metro if it's just one or two people. Worth it to let someone else do the driving and not have to smell the Metro crowd after a hot summer game. :rofl:

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #155: February 22, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
Yeah, all very competitive with Metro if it's just one or two people. Worth it to let someone else do the driving and not have to smell the Metro crowd after a hot summer game. :rofl:
The 5-10 dollar difference might be worth it because I won't have to see the droves of Phillies fans coming from Arlington and Fairfax, where they've lived their entire life.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #156: February 22, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »
I'd use it if there is a stop close (relatively) to me.  Not having to find my way around DC or figure out how this metro thing works makes it worth it to me.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #157: February 22, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
I'd use it if there is a stop close (relatively) to me.  Not having to find my way around DC or figure out how this metro thing works makes it worth it to me.

Where are you from, boy? You ain't from around here and your moderatin' a DC board?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #158: February 22, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Where are you from, boy? You ain't from around here and your moderatin' a DC board?

Oh lawdy lawdy sir, I wuddn't told I's not allowed to be a Nats fan if I came from outside the District.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #159: February 22, 2012, 06:51:13 PM »
Oh lawdy lawdy sir, I wuddn't told I's not allowed to be a Nats fan if I came from outside the District.

(Image removed from quote.)

Nats Nations has no borders, my man. Just my way of asking if you live in the DC metro area. Don't get all touchy (or should I just call it Linty from now on) on me. I wouldn't want you to go off in a huff and block me like he did. The wuss.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #160: February 22, 2012, 06:52:05 PM »
No, I don't live in the DC metro area.  I live in northern Frederick county MD.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #161: February 22, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »

Def Nats Nation. Don't blame you for taking the bus if you don't know the city or Metro. Now they need to get a bus station in Maryland.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #162: February 22, 2012, 08:13:45 PM »
Edit: Springfield to Navy Yard Round Trip (PoP one way, Reduced fare back) + Weekday parking = 12.45, or 7.95 for each additional person. It'll be even cheaper on the weekends, 5.50/person.
Vienna to Navy Yard is the same, and WMATA wants to raise prices, so if approved, the new fares would start on July 1.  Off peak fares would take the brunt of the increases from what I've heard.

$15 seems high at first, but it's actually a pretty reasonable roundtrip rate.  When you factor in gas, parking, frustration, etc., I think it seems like a decent deal.  Like I said, I plan to use it - the fact that they have a stop two minutes away from my office definitely helps.

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #163: February 22, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »
Vienna to Navy Yard is the same, and WMATA wants to raise prices, so if approved, the new fares would start on July 1.  Off peak fares would take the brunt of the increases from what I've heard.

$15 seems high at first, but it's actually a pretty reasonable roundtrip rate.  When you factor in gas, parking, frustration, etc., I think it seems like a decent deal.  Like I said, I plan to use it - the fact that they have a stop two minutes away from my office definitely helps.
Yeah. The convenience really helps, and it isn't a significant price difference on weekdays. I'll give it a try when they get a station further south.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #164: February 22, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »
You only have to pick a day, and get to Shady Grove (Gaithersburg). I'll be your guide the rest of the way.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #165: February 22, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
:woop:

Offline mach1ne

« Reply #166: February 23, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »
Is that $15 from any of the stops? Ballston is the same prices as Reston/Herndon?

Agreed. $15 for Ballston seems high to me considering it would be around $6/7 roundtrip assuming one way was considered rush hour.  I understand the pricing for Vienna and Reston as they are a bit further and metro would require paying for parking.   

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #167: February 23, 2012, 08:08:21 AM »
$15 works well for me when solo, probably a push when bringing 1 person, and not so good when I have 3 or more.  I like the social aspect of it, having a chance to talk Nats to and from the game. 

Maybe they could also play the post-game show on the radio on the buses.

I get what people are saying about Balston, but I suspect the cost of a bus isn't that different from Reston vs Balston given the block of time it is unavailable for alternate use. 

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #168: February 23, 2012, 09:07:03 AM »

I get what people are saying about Balston, but I suspect the cost of a bus isn't that different from Reston vs Balston given the block of time it is unavailable for alternate use. 

Having rented buses for various reasons, I can corroborate this. They charge by the blocks of hours, not mileage. I think the real issue is that for fans it costs less to take the Metro from Ballston. But it's a minor difference.

The decision is really a personal one in that it places a cost on how much you value the convenience of the bus. I can def see myself taking this from Ballston when going solo.

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #169: February 23, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »
Maybe they could also play the post-game show on the radio on the buses.

Excellent suggestion! I've written that down  :D

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #170: February 23, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
:woop:

Like I said, you can still park at my house, but it's a much further drive and a much shorter walk now :D

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #171: February 23, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »
Beautiful day for a website launch! We're live! www.ballparkbus.com

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #172: February 23, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Damn nice website - make sure to ban Philty phans from the bus!

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #173: February 23, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »
Damn nice website - make sure to ban Philty phans from the bus!

Institute a dress code: No Phillies, Yankees, or Red Sox jerseys, caps or t-shirts.

Offline BallparkBus

« Reply #174: February 23, 2012, 11:42:07 PM »
Clyde's in Ashburn signed on tonight as an Official Ballpark Bus Station.