Author Topic: Welcome our new little Nats fan  (Read 1274 times)

Offline jensgt

Welcome our new little Nats fan
« Topic Start: August 07, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »
I had my son Owen on July 30th at 7:22pm 6 pounds 8 oz.  We brought him home on Friday so we are just getting through the dreaded first week at home.  It has been a breeze mostly.  I'm starting to feel much better pain wise and Owen is a really sweet little guy.  He is very good at sleeping and eating during the day...he gets cranky at night but my husbands takes him after I feed him and walks with him to calm him down...so I can go to sleep.  We are getting about 6 hours a night sleep so I can't complain.  We are watching the Nats game together right now...well i am watching while he naps on me.  Excited to watch the Skins game tonight!  Can't wait until he is old enough to bring down to the ball park.  Really loving being a mom  :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Welcome our new little Nats fan
« Reply #1: August 07, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »
Congrats   :clap:

Where is the Nats/Redskins gear?   >:(

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #2: August 07, 2014, 02:18:51 PM »
that looks like INNOVA Fairfax (unless the hats/decor is the same everywhere)- I spent some good nights on one of those rockers - the waking up part really sucks

Offline jensgt

« Reply #3: August 07, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »
Congrats   :clap:

Where is the Nats/Redskins gear?   >:(

We have the gear! He just needs to grow into it lol.  He is so tiny right now!  :)

Offline jensgt

« Reply #4: August 07, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »
that looks like INNOVA Fairfax (unless the hats/decor is the same everywhere)- I spent some good nights on one of those rockers - the waking up part really sucks

Anne Arundel Medical Center.  That's the recovery room...the L&D room was huge and nice...my husband had a couch that extended out for sleeping...in the recovery room it was like a bench/cot thing...but my bed there was a lot more comfy lol.  On our third night there, Owen's second we were up 28 hours straight...it was rough.  Thankfully it's going better since we got home.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #5: August 07, 2014, 02:28:12 PM »
Owen's second we were up 28 hours straight...it was rough. 

:shock:   Holy cow! I've had a few benders that kept me up that long but yours sounds just a bit rougher and stressful (not to mention more rewarding and productive). :?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #6: August 07, 2014, 02:37:57 PM »
Anne Arundel Medical Center.  That's the recovery room...the L&D room was huge and nice...my husband had a couch that extended out for sleeping...in the recovery room it was like a bench/cot thing...but my bed there was a lot more comfy lol.  On our third night there, Owen's second we were up 28 hours straight...it was rough.  Thankfully it's going better since we got home.

that's awful. Our first was up that long, but around 3:00 am the nurses insisted that we let them take her to the nursery so that we could sleep

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #7: August 07, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #8: August 07, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »
Oh Jen I am so excited for you, congrats to you and your hubby!!! He is just precious!!!!!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #9: August 07, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »
He is adorable!   So cute!  Congratulations on your new little Rookie!  A friend of mine's husband brought his daughter to a game on her 1st birthday.  Took her home after her name went on the big screen.   

Ive seen smaller than a year at the park.  Just dont count on seeing much of the game.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #10: August 07, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »
Congratulations and welcome Owen.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #11: August 07, 2014, 07:51:17 PM »
Congrats, Jen.  I'm glad it went well.  Owen is not half-bad looking.

And I'm glad you were able to get back to Nats games so quickly. ;)

I had my son Owen on July 30th at 7:22pm 6 pounds 8 oz.  We brought him home on Friday so we are just getting through the dreaded first week at home.  It has been a breeze mostly.  I'm starting to feel much better pain wise and Owen is a really sweet little guy.  He is very good at sleeping and eating during the day...he gets cranky at night but my husbands takes him after I feed him and walks with him to calm him down...so I can go to sleep.  We are getting about 6 hours a night sleep so I can't complain.  We are watching the Nats game together right now...well i am watching while he naps on me.  Excited to watch the Skins game tonight!  Can't wait until he is old enough to bring down to the ball park.  Really loving being a mom  :)

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline blue911

« Reply #12: August 07, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »
We have the gear! He just needs to grow into it lol.  He is so tiny right now!  :)

Skippy, are you taking notes?  :poke:

Congratulations Jen

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #13: August 07, 2014, 08:28:44 PM »
Skippy, are you taking notes?  :poke:

Congratulations Jen

Lol sounds like Jen and her hubby are on the same page with their sports teams, me and my son in law? Not so much  >:(
And Jen that was some high praise from baby-hater Gburg ;)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #14: August 07, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »
Cutie. Congrats!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #15: August 07, 2014, 08:51:41 PM »
he looks a little like Harper.  Congrats!!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #16: August 07, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #17: August 08, 2014, 10:48:13 AM »
Congratulations!

Offline jensgt

« Reply #18: August 08, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »
Thanks everybody!!

Yeah the 28 hours was rough but yes 100% worth it...I can't think of many better reasons to be up that many hours in a row.  lol. 

At AAMC there is no nursery, it's some "baby friendly" policy they have where the baby stays with you the whole time and anytime they take him for any test or procedure one or both parents can accompany him....so I knew going into it that we might have a sleepless night or two.  We have settled into a better rhythm at home thankfully...getting about 6-7 hours sleep a night.  Not all together but combined, not too bad. 

A friend of mine visited today and brought a little Nats Harper t-shirt jersey.  It's an 18 month so he has some time before he grows into it but it's so tiny and cute.

Little guy is fast asleep right now...wish I was, instead of watching this beating we are taking from Atlanta right now.  Ugh.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #19: August 08, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »
Thanks everybody!!

Yeah the 28 hours was rough but yes 100% worth it...I can't think of many better reasons to be up that many hours in a row.  lol. 

Wait 'til he's 14.   :)

Offline jensgt

« Reply #20: August 08, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »
lol!

And I spoke too soon about this game...it got interesting.