Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1 (L)  (Read 6306 times)

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1 (L)
« Reply #50: April 11, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »
Man what an ugly at bat for Guillen... 2 of the 1st 3 pitches right down the pike and he couldn't touch em.

Offline nyexpofan

« Reply #51: April 11, 2006, 03:09:15 PM »
the fans are going crazy!!! sori just hit a homer!!!!! we are only down 5-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #52: April 11, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »
OH MY GOD!!!  SORIANO JUST MADE ABOUT $2500 worth of his $10 million salary with that blast!  Wow, he did something!

LOOK AT THE POSITIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #53: April 11, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »
For a guy who is supped to be a hacker, Soriano sure showed patience working the count to get that pitch he hit out...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #54: April 11, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »
The Nats are gonna be dead last in offense again this year, and it looks like pitching wont be the saving grace this year... I'm not looking forward to this season. If this keeps up, we are gonna make Kansas City's record last year look good, real good....

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #55: April 11, 2006, 03:14:38 PM »
The shock wave from that ball hitting the facade just made it's way down here to FL.

« Reply #56: April 11, 2006, 03:16:46 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
The Nats are gonna be dead last in offense again this year, and it looks like pitching wont be the saving grace this year... I'm not looking forward to this season. If this keeps up, we are gonna make Kansas City's record last year look good, real good....

If this keeps up the Pirates, Marlins, and Phillies will be using us as punching bags.  Jesus, we are on the bottom of the totem.

Offline nyexpofan

« Reply #57: April 11, 2006, 03:16:54 PM »
we haven't had one game in which we were ahead after 6 innings! both are wins were come from behind. we ahve yet to give our starters any inning in which they could pitch with a lead of more than 1 run.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #58: April 11, 2006, 03:18:24 PM »
The postives are there. WE're definetly a better offensive team than last year. The chemisry just isn't there. Everybody in our line-up is at least average hitting-wises, except Watson(why does he start?). We'll click sooner or later and its still the beginnign of the year.

Our defense though isn't as strong as it was last year. The errors just make you wonder...... and the pitching i think is still there, though last years was slightly better.Raunch is better than Ayala last year. I think over the next few weeks we'll get better and we are better than what we currently look.

« Reply #59: April 11, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
Quote from: "metssuck"
The postives are there. WE're definetly a better offensive team than last year. The chemisry just isn't there. Everybody in our line-up is at least average hitting-wises, except Watson(why does he start?). We'll click sooner or later and its still the beginnign of the year.

Our defense though isn't as strong as it was last year. The errors just make you wonder...... and the pitching i think is still there, though last years was slightly better.Raunch is better than Ayala last year. I think over the next few weeks we'll get better and we are better than what we currently look.

You have got to be watching another team from I....

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #60: April 11, 2006, 03:22:43 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

Two weeks from now, you'll see. You can bank on that.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #61: April 11, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »
Quote from: "nyexpofan"
we haven't had one game in which we were ahead after 6 innings! both are wins were come from behind. we ahve yet to give our starters any inning in which they could pitch with a lead of more than 1 run.

We've not even had one game where we scored the first run.

« Reply #62: April 11, 2006, 03:27:24 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

Wouldn't bet the farm.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #63: April 11, 2006, 03:28:57 PM »
Our defense though isn't as strong as it was last year.

A sad but true fact, God help us

and the pitching i think is still there, though last years was slightly better.

Slightly better? It was the 9th best in the Majors last year... This year, well... there's always next year...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #64: April 11, 2006, 03:30:37 PM »

I wouldn't bet the farm on that statement... Two weeks form now could very easily be a lot of loses.

EDIT: Drats, NOTLD beat me to it...

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #65: April 11, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »
and the pitching i think is still there, though last years was slightly better.

Slightly better? It was the 9th best in the Majors last year... This year, well... there's always next year...[/quote]

You're letting the first few weekscloud your judgement. Like i said in two weeks we'lll see the real Washington Nationals.

« Reply #66: April 11, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »

I wouldn't bet the farm on that statement... Two weeks form now could very easily be a lot of loses.

EDIT: Drats, NOTLD beat me to it...

Two weeks from now, if nothing is done, we are going to have the same team we had from week one.  Thats not a good thing.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #67: April 11, 2006, 03:37:18 PM »
Metssuck

Are you gonna sign over that farm you're betting to NOTLD and me if the Nats have 15 losses when they leave for St. Louis after the game against the Reds on the 26th?

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #68: April 11, 2006, 03:41:54 PM »
Metssuck

Are you gonna sign over that farm you're betting to NOTLD and me if the Nats have 15 losses when they leave for St. Louis after the game against the Reds on the 26th?

what farm. AIn't no farms in dc. Only thing of value to me i have is my current college education. You 're not gonna ake that from me now, are you.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #69: April 11, 2006, 03:42:20 PM »
Well, I for one, don't want to own any farm... So start whispering in the player's ears to get their collective acts together.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #70: April 11, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »
Only thing of value to me i have is my current college education. You 're not gonna ake that from me now, are you.

I ain't not never have done said that I was gonna take nothing from ya, now did?... You'z da one makin with all dem thar bets about whass gon happen in da nex 2 weeks..

How's that for some street pidgin? LOL

« Reply #71: April 11, 2006, 03:45:10 PM »
Well, I for one, don't want to own any farm... So start whispering in the player's ears to get their collective acts together.

I don't know...it might be interesting to raise goats and grow crops.

Delgado's blast there certainly pushed us a little more towards owning.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #72: April 11, 2006, 03:45:42 PM »
Isn't Wagner their closer?  Why the hell are they using him with a 7-1 lead?  Screw those jerks!  :evil:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #73: April 11, 2006, 03:46:37 PM »
What are the chances of the Nats at least getting the tying run in the on deck circle?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #74: April 11, 2006, 03:47:02 PM »
He needs the innings, he's not been in many games so far