Author Topic: A bit of Caps love from the Nats?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
A bit of Caps love from the Nats?
« Topic Start: August 30, 2006, 11:28:16 PM »
A post I made on the Caps boards a while back:

I got home a while ago from tonight's Nats-Phillies match (we lost again, 5-1)...and in the bottom of the fifth inning, while Soriano was at bat (he struck out, as is normal latterly), there flashed on the signboards over left and right field a message: the CAPITALS logo in its normal mode (all caps with the big C and S at the ends, as in the logo at the top of these boards), along with washingtoncaps.com and the Caps phone number 202-266-CAPS. No specific solicitations for tickets (either season or individual), and no verbal announcemnt over the tannoy about 'get your Caps tickets now' or 'let's go Caps' or anything else, but just those items on the signboards.

Very interesting (and very apt too, taking a shot at marketing the Caps among followers of a still-decently-supported team)...but what could it portend? Whose initiative was this, Lerner's or Leonsis'?

(Further odd bit: I just happened to be wearing a Caps T-shirt tonight.)

...but if it gets a few more people to come out to see the Caps this coming season...then it's definitely worthwhile.

« Reply #1: August 30, 2006, 11:31:53 PM »
Maybe Nats marketing can buy space for a Washington National sign on the sides of the ice rink.  Then AO can check the opposition into it!

"Buy Nats tickets you ****H!"

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: A bit of Caps love from the Nats?
« Reply #2: August 31, 2006, 12:18:36 AM »
Quote from: "OldChelsea"
A post I made on the Caps boards a while back:

I got home a while ago from tonight's Nats-Phillies match (we lost again, 5-1)...and in the bottom of the fifth inning, while Soriano was at bat (he struck out, as is normal latterly), there flashed on the signboards over left and right field a message: the CAPITALS logo in its normal mode (all caps with the big C and S at the ends, as in the logo at the top of these boards), along with washingtoncaps.com and the Caps phone number 202-266-CAPS. No specific solicitations for tickets (either season or individual), and no verbal announcemnt over the tannoy about 'get your Caps tickets now' or 'let's go Caps' or anything else, but just those items on the signboards.

Very interesting (and very apt too, taking a shot at marketing the Caps among followers of a still-decently-supported team)...but what could it portend? Whose initiative was this, Lerner's or Leonsis'?

(Further odd bit: I just happened to be wearing a Caps T-shirt tonight.)

...but if it gets a few more people to come out to see the Caps this coming season...then it's definitely worthwhile.

Did not notice that - interesting.  I hate the new NHL schedule...do i really give a damn about five end-of-season back-to-back games against "regional rivals"??  NO!!!  I want the Habs, Leafs, Red Wings, and Bruins!  Blackhawks and Rangers, too!  Tradition, baby, tradition!!  Flyers & isles!  Pens & Sabres!  Hell, even Ottawa - just don't keep dragging up those sunbelt gob shiyte teams again 3 out of every 4 games  :evil:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3: August 31, 2006, 08:43:24 AM »
I think I might have seen you chelsea.  I saw a guy wearing a Caps shirt and made note of it. Do you have sideburns

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #4: August 31, 2006, 09:17:58 AM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
I think I might have seen you chelsea.  I saw a guy wearing a Caps shirt and made note of it. Do you have sideburns

I was indeed wearing a Caps T-shirt and do indeed have sideburns - if it was anywhere near section 311 or at the Guinness/Harp concession it was probably me.