Author Topic: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 4  (Read 14103 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Re: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 4
« Reply #50: April 08, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »
The Laws of Averages jsut don't seem to apply to the Nationals this season. .......................Maybe becasue we're mnot a average team???

« Reply #51: April 08, 2007, 02:26:19 PM »
Do you guys think it'll ever get to the point where we just stop creating gameday threads?

Personally, I'm sort of disgusted by the game threads so far.  Its like they turned into some cheap public access late night show doing nothing but putting the team down.  The negativity and cheap shots really turn me off from them.

The team sucks, I know, but come on guys.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #52: April 08, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »
RISP

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #53: April 08, 2007, 02:27:53 PM »
please oh please let's give shawn hill a win here.

Offline rich_nats

« Reply #54: April 08, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »
Look on the bright side, Nats management is putting a lot into developing our scouting and player development programs!

(Yeah I'm getting tired of hearing that crapola too.)

« Reply #55: April 08, 2007, 02:30:43 PM »
Look on the bright side, Nats management is putting a lot into developing our scouting and player development programs!

(Yeah I'm getting tired of hearing that crapola too.)

Actually, that is a bright side to have.  Its called "The Bigger Picture."

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #56: April 08, 2007, 02:31:39 PM »
Hill looks fine out there, he just made 1 bad pitch and got some bad luck in the first inning.  If only we could score runs..

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #57: April 08, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »
I wonder, guess we'll have to see if our minor league teams start kicking ass eh?  If they still aren't producing anything or anybody, then what do you have?   :o

« Reply #58: April 08, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
I wonder, guess we'll have to see if our minor league teams start kicking ass eh?  If they still aren't producing anything or anybody, then what do you have?   :o

A bunch of whiners on a message board to begin with. ;)

Its too early to make any sort of logical determination what is and isn't a failure. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #59: April 08, 2007, 02:35:18 PM »
Personally, I'm sort of disgusted by the game threads so far.  Its like they turned into some cheap public access late night show doing nothing but putting the team down.  The negativity and cheap shots really turn me off from them.

The team sucks, I know, but come on guys.

While I understand where you're coming from, you can't expect us all to have rainbows coming out of our bums with the team playing the way it is.  Losing 100+ games in a season is one thing, but losing them by 10 zillion runs is a little hard to tolerate, you know?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #60: April 08, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »
A bunch of whiners on a message board to begin with. ;)

Its too early to make any sort of logical determination what is and isn't a failure. 
If the Lerners end up being cheap-ass liars, then you can count me in as one of the whiners.   :?  We'll see.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #61: April 08, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »
Livan is just dominating us.. Not like it is a surprise though.  It doesn't matter who pitches against us they all shut us down. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #62: April 08, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
Hill is officially cursed. 

« Reply #63: April 08, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
While I understand where you're coming from, you can't expect us all to have rainbows coming out of our bums with the team playing the way it is.  Losing 100+ games in a season is one thing, but losing them by 10 zillion runs is a little hard to tolerate, you know?

Understandable and I don't expect you all to be swallowing Skittles all the time.  But again, I really wondered what you all expected from this team when it was obvious from the get go and it was told to you.  I still have hope this team will wake up but to keep coming back day after day to do nothing but insult the team is unproductive and frankly, getting really boring.

If I wanted to hear this crap I would turn on George M. or bookmark Buster Olney's retarded blog.

Offline rich_nats

« Reply #64: April 08, 2007, 02:38:55 PM »

Nice to think about, but nothing is guaranteed.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #65: April 08, 2007, 02:41:10 PM »
If I wanted to hear this crap I would turn on George M. or bookmark Buster Olney's retarded blog.
Give us something to cheer about and we're on it NOTLD.  Could you tell me what exactly to cheer about right now?  Nats start winning - we'll start cheering!  It's not our fault Livan's having a no-hitter so far.

« Reply #66: April 08, 2007, 02:41:19 PM »
If the Lerners end up being cheap-ass liars, then you can count me in as one of the whiners.   :?  We'll see.

I have a lot of patience but even my patience can come to an end.  But there hasn't been enough time nor any events or decisions that have given me definite proof the Lerners are nothing but swindlers.

I expect results in the next couple seasons.  Until I see something that is definite or 2 to 3 seasons go by with absolutely no change, then I might grab a torch but until then, GO NATS!

« Reply #67: April 08, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
Nice to think about, but nothing is guaranteed.

That is the risk you take.  Don't go outside, we might get hit by a truck.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #68: April 08, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »
I can't wait to get my first visual of the Nationals this season Tuesday on TBS!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #69: April 08, 2007, 02:44:32 PM »
Understandable and I don't expect you all to be swallowing Skittles all the time.  But again, I really wondered what you all expected from this team when it was obvious from the get go and it was told to you.  I still have hope this team will wake up but to keep coming back day after day to do nothing but insult the team is unproductive and frankly, getting really boring.

I think you're missing the point...  we're insulting the team because they're not playing up to even their own limited potential.  Zimmerman is practically oh-fer, we've made tons of mental errors, our fundamentals suck...   these are not rookie mistakes, most of the people in the lineup are not rookies!  Just because we knew the team would be bad doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed when they're twice as bad as they should be.

I think you're confusing "insult" with "disappointed observation."

« Reply #70: April 08, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »
Give us something to cheer about and we're on it NOTLD.  Could you tell me what exactly to cheer about right now?  Nats start winning - we'll start cheering!  It's not our fault Livan's having a no-hitter so far.

Baseball on an Easter Sunday?
A team in DC?
A plan in action?
Promising players?
Hot dogs, peanuts, and cracker jacks?

Jesus, are we turning into Yank/Red Sox fans or what?

« Reply #71: April 08, 2007, 02:46:28 PM »
I think you're missing the point...  we're insulting the team because they're not playing up to even their own limited potential.  Zimmerman is practically oh-fer, we've made tons of mental errors, our fundamentals suck...   these are not rookie mistakes, most of the people in the lineup are not rookies!  Just because we knew the team would be bad doesn't mean we shouldn't be pissed when they're twice as bad as they should be.

I think you're confusing "insult" with "disappointed observation."

"This team sucks."
" If [blank] hits into a double play I am going to kill myself."
[See past three game threads]

I hardly call such thought provoking comments as "disappointed observation."

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #72: April 08, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »
This team has not an ounce of luck.  Any hard hit line drive or fly ball goes right to the opposing team's fielders. 

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #73: April 08, 2007, 02:48:12 PM »
I'm just looking forward to theb draft. When is it? WE arenm't that bad today. I mean we;re more unlucky than bad. I mean all our linefrive or good hit goes directly to fielders whereas it seems like our opponents always somewho manage to hit grass. Boy i miss Nook in centerfield

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #74: April 08, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »
Baseball on an Easter Sunday?
A team in DC?
A plan in action?
Promising players?
Hot dogs, peanuts, and cracker jacks?

Jesus, are we turning into Yank/Red Sox fans or what?
Baseball on Easter comes anyway.
A team in DC is no longer anything new.
The plan is suspect.
Aside from Zimm, What promising players?
I'm not at the ballpark.