Author Topic: Justin Maxwell - You were saying?  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Dave B

Re: Justin Maxwell - You were saying?
« Topic Start: August 30, 2007, 03:56:55 PM »
While everyone is salivating for Rowand (me too), management may opt to stand pat, go with Logan and the promise of Maxwell being ready mid-season in '08.  If they think Maxwell is the real deal, (and being a Terp he probably is) then why spend the big bucks for the same position?

How many teams' fans do you think are in tune with the minor league systems as we are?

How many teams' fans would say "Hey, if we dont get Rowand, it might not be so bad, because we have a minor leaguer who might be able to do it"

Maybe it is because of once being owned by MLB that we have all become financially conscious fans. We dont just want to win. We want to do it cheaply and not kill ourselves with stupid signings.

If we were to sign a marquee guy for a lot of years and a lot of money, I'm pretty sure half would be excited and the other half would be worried about how the guy was going to perform in year 6 and 7 when he is 35 years old.  Whereas in most other places (my only other experience is NY), I think nobody would care about money and year and would just say "We got (Marquee Player)!"