Author Topic: Crystal City - Here I come  (Read 5502 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Crystal City - Here I come
« Reply #75: August 17, 2011, 12:32:36 PM »
It's the town 70 runs through, right?

Cumberland?  Yeah.  Mount Savage?  No.  My dad's from Mount Savage, I know the area pretty well.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #76: August 17, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »
It's the town 70 runs through, right?

No, I68 runs through Cland. When I first started with the D.O.C. I worked in Hagerstown, was then able to transfer to Cland.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #77: August 17, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »
No, I68 runs through Cland. When I first started with the D.O.C. I worked in Hagerstown, was then able to transfer to Cland.

That's right, I keep forgetting that 70 turns up North towards Breezewood PA. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #78: August 17, 2011, 01:43:16 PM »
That's right, I keep forgetting that 70 turns up North towards Breezewood PA. 

Yup, some friends and I took it damn near the whole way to Las Vegas.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #79: August 17, 2011, 02:02:20 PM »
Yup, some friends and I took it damn near the whole way to Las Vegas.

:old:  Of course, back in my day, going to Cumberland/Mount Savage meant going up 40 the whole way.  Usually puking was involved.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #80: August 17, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »
Isn't Wisp out that way?  Tiny little place, but good snow.
Cumberland?  Yeah.  Mount Savage?  No.  My dad's from Mount Savage, I know the area pretty well.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #81: August 17, 2011, 02:35:21 PM »
Isn't Wisp out that way?  Tiny little place, but good snow.

Yep, that's at Deep Creek Lake, Garrett County.  That whole area gets a lot more winter weather than even Cumberland or Frostburg, which are not too far away but at lower altitude.  Once you hit the Garrett County line you are in a different climate.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #82: August 17, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
Tiny little place, but good snow.

Yeah, other than the death squads Columbia is an ok place...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #83: August 18, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
Have you brushed up on your Spanish?  Which part of Springfield are you moving to?
A neighborhood off of Old Keene Mill. Nice neighborhood, good side of town.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #84: August 18, 2011, 09:40:21 AM »
A neighborhood off of Old Keene Mill. Nice neighborhood, good side of town.

Cardinal Forest?  I used to live there, pretty nice.  Springfield/Burke is a great, great place if you're going to stay in DC and have kids.  Since we're not sure on either we're going with the shorter commute and better coke dealers.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #85: August 18, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »
Cardinal Forest?  I used to live there, pretty nice.  Springfield/Burke is a great, great place if you're going to stay in DC and have kids.  Since we're not sure on either we're going with the shorter commute and better coke dealers.
Yeah, we anticipate staying at least 5-10 years and yes kids in a few years.

Stable neighborhood, we got a pretty good deal, really low mortgage rate. It's off of Hanover Ave. Well that's the street off Old Keene Mille that you take to get to it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #86: August 18, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »
Yeah, we anticipate staying at least 5-10 years and yes kids in a few years.

Stable neighborhood, we got a pretty good deal, really low mortgage rate. It's off of Hanover Ave. Well that's the street off Old Keene Mille that you take to get to it.

Cool dude, great area do you have access to the CF pool?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #87: August 18, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »
Yep, that's at Deep Creek Lake, Garrett County.  That whole area gets a lot more winter weather than even Cumberland or Frostburg, which are not too far away but at lower altitude.  Once you hit the Garrett County line you are in a different climate.

"The Lake" is in McHenry. Garrett County averages about 110" of snow fall per year. The winter of 2009-10 saw a state record of 262.5" of snow. Hell, once you hit Frostburg, you're in a different climate :lol:
It's about a 30 or so minute drive to Deep Creek yet it's about 10º cooler than in Cumberland. Frostburg is about 5º cooler than Cumberland. Frostburg is about a ten minute drive from Cumberland.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #88: August 18, 2011, 11:47:49 AM »
It's about a 30 or so minute drive to Deep Creek

You gotta add another 10 minutes detour to pick up a couple of pounds of Frostburg Bologna.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #89: August 18, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
"The Lake" is in McHenry. Garrett County averages about 110" of snow fall per year. The winter of 2009-10 saw a state record of 262.5" of snow. Hell, once you hit Frostburg, you're in a different climate :lol:
It's about a 30 or so minute drive to Deep Creek yet it's about 10º cooler than in Cumberland. Frostburg is about 5º cooler than Cumberland. Frostburg is about a ten minute drive from Cumberland.

we took the kids to wisp a few years ago to try their hand at skiing, we had blizzard conditions on saturday but it was absolutely beautiful on sunday.  Of course we signed them up for the kids school on saturday, so the program consisted of going out for 15 minutes of lessons, then back in for 45 minutes of warm-up/hot cocoa time, then repeat for 6 hours (with a lunch break)

Offline heeman82

« Reply #90: August 18, 2011, 03:39:16 PM »
Burke.  Great place if you have kids.  We don't so we're moving.

Jesus H. Christ.. That's where I grew up

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #91: August 18, 2011, 03:43:05 PM »
Jesus H. Christ.. That's where I grew up

Bonnie Brae Elementary?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #92: August 18, 2011, 04:19:40 PM »
Isn't Riggleman considered a "daddy" type?  :shock:

Well, I've never been hit on by Jim Riggleman. :lol:

But I can confirm he is.  I have one other forum where I'm a semi-active user, and it's heavily populated by gay men.  One day, I saw a thread there where these guys were admiring Jim Riggleman because he was a "hot daddy type." :lmao: Spit my drink out.

Springfield/Burke is a great, great place if you're going to stay in DC and have kids.

Don't do it, man!  I'm gonna be left alone in the "childless forever" club in this place. :lol:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #93: August 18, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »
Don't do it, man!  I'm gonna be left alone in the "childless forever" club in this place. :lol:

I'm still a member of the "childless club" for a few more years, hence the move.  :lol:

Riggleman always struck me as a dude that banged Potomac divorcees while listening to Whitesnake.  There is a player that two gay friends of mine are convinced is a "switch hitter".  They haven't explained why, and I don't want to know, but when they said it I didn't doubt it.

Offline blue911

« Reply #94: August 18, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
I'm still a member of the "childless club" for a few more years, hence the move.  :lol:

Riggleman always struck me as a dude that banged Potomac divorcees while listening to Whitesnake.  There is a player that two gay friends of mine are convinced is a "switch hitter".  They haven't explained why, and I don't want to know, but when they said it I didn't doubt it.

:whistle:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #95: August 18, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
 :whistle:

:lmao:

Good guess, but no.  Pretty sure that d00d bangs anything that's willing at the Mad Hatter.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #96: August 18, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
I'm a dues-paying member of the "childless forever" club...as for Riggles, I have to say that he strikes me a cougar catcher through and through.  Now Laynce Nix on the other hand...

Well, I've never been hit on by Jim Riggleman. :lol:

But I can confirm he is.  I have one other forum where I'm a semi-active user, and it's heavily populated by gay men.  One day, I saw a thread there where these guys were admiring Jim Riggleman because he was a "hot daddy type." :lmao: Spit my drink out.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #97: August 18, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »
Now Laynce Nix on the other hand...

Maybe, he strikes as a guy that might enjoy a wild night dancing to "West End Girls"...

Offline blue911

« Reply #98: August 18, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »
I said hey babe take a walk on the wild side.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #99: August 18, 2011, 04:51:54 PM »
I said hey babe take a walk on the wild side.

I met her in a club down in old Soho Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola...Lola...