Author Topic: What a difference a year makes!  (Read 855 times)

Offline kimnat

What a difference a year makes!
« Topic Start: September 15, 2007, 12:01:26 PM »
One year ago this week, we were preparing for our first hospitalization and round of chemo. 

Today, Andrew was back on the tee ball field!  He's in a coach-pitch/tee system.  His first at bat, hit the ball on the first swing!  Second at bat, hit the ball farther on the second swing!  Third at bat, clobbered the ball from the tee!  His fielding has improved and was actually catching the ball a bit.  Running looked a TON better and so much better coordinated.

His tee ball team is the Cubs.  they call themselves the Cubbies.  And upon leaving, he announced to me, "I'm proud to be on this team!"  It was such a therapeutic day for us!  Much better than looking at a bright fall day through a hospital room window!  Ahhhhh!  Life is so good!  We are so blessed!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: What a difference a year makes!
« Reply #1: September 15, 2007, 12:43:28 PM »
YAY ANDREW!   :clap: :woop:

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #2: September 15, 2007, 01:53:17 PM »
aww how cool..

sniff, sniff..

so whats with the blister?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #3: September 15, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »
aww how cool..

sniff, sniff..

so whats with the blister?

dunno, but no more appeared.  and those little tiny white "pimples" - I think it's little boy hormones.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #4: September 15, 2007, 07:41:10 PM »
dunno, but no more appeared.  and those little tiny white "pimples" - I think it's little boy hormones.

:rofl:
(Time for Dan to have that father-son talk?)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #5: September 15, 2007, 08:20:59 PM »
he's not sure where to start!  :D  I only answer specifically to the question that arises and nothing more at this point.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #6: September 15, 2007, 10:50:47 PM »
very cool.  Go kid, go!!

One year ago this week, we were preparing for our first hospitalization and round of chemo. 

Today, Andrew was back on the tee ball field!  He's in a coach-pitch/tee system.  His first at bat, hit the ball on the first swing!  Second at bat, hit the ball farther on the second swing!  Third at bat, clobbered the ball from the tee!  His fielding has improved and was actually catching the ball a bit.  Running looked a TON better and so much better coordinated.

His tee ball team is the Cubs.  they call themselves the Cubbies.  And upon leaving, he announced to me, "I'm proud to be on this team!"  It was such a therapeutic day for us!  Much better than looking at a bright fall day through a hospital room window!  Ahhhhh!  Life is so good!  We are so blessed!

nospinzone1

« Reply #7: September 15, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »
WAY TO GO, THE AMERICAN VERSION OF THE CUBAN JEWISH PRINCE.

natsfan1a

« Reply #8: September 16, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »
All right, Andrew!!

Offline LeonidasNats311

« Reply #9: September 18, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
Seeing as im 18, dont get on here much, and havent talked to anyone, I dont know what happened but its always good to see improvement. wish you the best of luck!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #10: September 18, 2007, 05:46:10 PM »
he's not sure where to start!  :D  I only answer specifically to the question that arises and nothing more at this point.

That's exactly the way we handled it. Seems to have worked out OK for Shawn. :P Let their questions guide you (that is, unless he's over 18 and hasn't stepped up from loving baseball, watching TV, and eating junk food). Wait a minute, that's me! Dan, can I ask you some questions?