Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1  (Read 18346 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1
« Topic Start: April 24, 2009, 01:13:56 PM »
We could actually be ahead of them if we sweep.  Yeah I know, fantasy-land.  Gotta have dreams though right? :?
it'd be awesome but I don't see any chance.

Game 1: Little to no chance of winning. Per the betting odds, this is the biggest underdog we have been in a game all season. Santana is the best pitcher in the NL and Olsen has historically been devoured by their offense. I'll give us a 10% chance of winning this one.

Game 2: This game should be high scoring. Pelfrey is making his first start since April 13th and should be rusty. Even when he was healthy he was having major issues anyways. The Nats should score some runs. But however we have Cabrera on the mound and you just cannot trust this guy, especially against a veteran offense like the Mets. I'll give us a 40% chance to win this one.

Game 3: This one is probably our best chance of stealing a game. We are facing Oliver Perez. He has frankly been awful since Spring Training. Gives up far too many walks (12 walks in 15 IP) and cannot get out of jams when he needs too. We have our rookie stud on the mound and although it's possible he may have a rough start against this solid Mets lineup I like his chances to do okay. I'll give us a 50% chance of winning this one.

Overall, I'd say we'll win 1 of 3. 2 of 3 would be a success. A sweep would be stunning.