Author Topic: Kyle Kendrick "Traded" to Yomiuri Giants for Kobayashi Iwamura.  (Read 1828 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I saw that on TV yesterday and while it was funny I still can't believe he fell for that.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
I saw that on TV yesterday and while it was funny I still can't believe he fell for that.

The scary thing is that he is probably by no means the dumbest player in baseball.

Offline spidernat

The scary thing is that he is probably by no means the dumbest player in baseball.

Isn't that the truth. I heard people say (people who have access and have worked with professional players) that NHL players are by far the dumbest of all the 4 major leagues. That's a serious indictment if you ask me.

Offline sportsfan882

Isn't that the truth. I heard people say (people who have access and have worked with professional players) that NHL players are by far the dumbest of all the 4 major leagues. That's a serious indictment if you ask me.
What about NBA players? 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
That's hilarious.  Hearing it from the manager, no wonder he fell for it.

Offline UMDNats

If you think about it, over 90% of NHL players didn't go to college. Just about every NFL player went to college and a lot of MLB players at least went to college at some point. Hockey's just kind of different in that some don't even finish high school. I would say NBA players are pretty close to them, given that many don't graduate college either.

Offline spidernat

What about NBA players? 

That's what I thought when I heard the comments but the people that said it worked with players from all leagues.

If you think about it, over 90% of NHL players didn't go to college. Just about every NFL player went to college and a lot of MLB players at least went to college at some point. Hockey's just kind of different in that some don't even finish high school. I would say NBA players are pretty close to them, given that many don't graduate college either.

I think Nats19 hit the nail right on the head. College can't hurt, however, how many people (athlete or not) have you known that have college degrees and are as dumb as they get?

Offline nats2playoffs

...I think Nats19 hit the nail right on the head. College can't hurt, however, how many people (athlete or not) have you known that have college degrees and are as dumb as they get?

I wonder how many graduated in the bottom 25% of their high school class (somebody had to).  Many student athletes major in phys-ed or recreational therapy, or something easy enough so that they don't get suspended from the team for academic reasons.  The smarter ones recognize that they may not make it as a pro athlete, and get an education that prepares them to do something with their lives. 

Offline mikehughes

Jesus, Charlie Manuel looks like he was about to keel over.  That or he looked like the dying killer from the SAW movies.