Author Topic: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 2  (Read 13680 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 2
« Reply #100: April 06, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »
Zimmerman K's on three straight :(

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #101: April 06, 2007, 08:32:57 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That has to be the best emoticon I've ever seen Sens.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #102: April 06, 2007, 08:33:04 PM »
Stranded guys again , huh?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #103: April 06, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »
3-2 and Rookie throws a one-hop-pitch to Snelling!  WALK!
ZIMMERMAN strikes out with the bases loaded.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #104: April 06, 2007, 08:36:05 PM »
I don't get it...I thought our problem was pitching, not offense.  WTF?  :bang:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #105: April 06, 2007, 08:38:35 PM »
No, the problem's been offense all along, too.  We've been leaving players stranded all week.  We outnumbered the D-Backs w/ hits last night 2-1.  Just couldn't get the rbi's.  That's the point I was trying to get across in the bergmann thread earlier today.. Yes, his pitching stunk, but given our hits, we should have been able to win that game!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #106: April 06, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »
Williams is pitching well tonight. Too bad we're not supporting him. We need sportsfan around to put this in perspective!   ;)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #107: April 06, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »
Ok, I just saw a posting on the other board.  The game is on Dish network on channel 433, that's MASN 2.  regular MASN is 432.  My dad didn't believe me until he turned the channel and found it.  I heard a quick, DAMN!  See ya later!  ANd he was happy and gone!  Me?  I'm still very unhappy!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #108: April 06, 2007, 08:42:15 PM »
No, the problem's been offense all along, too.  We've been leaving players stranded all week.  We outnumbered the D-Backs w/ hits last night 2-1.  Just couldn't get the rbi's.  That's the point I was trying to get across in the bergmann thread earlier today.. Yes, his pitching stunk, but given our hits, we should have been able to win that game!

Yeah I caught what you were saying kimnat but I think people (me) are just fed up with Bergman.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #109: April 06, 2007, 08:42:50 PM »
Yeah, Williams has been performing beautifully!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #110: April 06, 2007, 08:43:42 PM »
Ok, I just saw a posting on the other board.  The game is on Dish network on channel 433, that's MASN 2.  regular MASN is 432.  My dad didn't believe me until he turned the channel and found it.  I heard a quick, DAMN!  See ya later!  ANd he was happy and gone!  Me?  I'm still very unhappy!

Number me with the unhappy ones...

Add to that the fact that Williams just yielded a three run bomb.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #111: April 06, 2007, 08:43:46 PM »

Yeah I caught what you were saying kimnat but I think people (me) are just fed up with Bergman.

I understand.  I just wanted folks to see the bigger picture that it takes more than pitching to win a game.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #112: April 06, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »

Number me with the unhappy ones...

Add to that the fact that Williams just yielded a three run bomb.

oooooooo!  Not good.  I guess a reliever is coming out soon.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #113: April 06, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »
Sighhhhhhhhhhh

Offline spidernat

« Reply #114: April 06, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »
Allow me to impersonate sportsfan for this post.... This team sucks! We won't even win 10 games this year! This is completely embarrassing. We're going to set dubious records of futility this season....

Sorry but I couldn't resist. In reality that's just how I'm feeling right now but I'll be OK as soon as I can get the games on MASN2.

Offline Ashburn

« Reply #115: April 06, 2007, 08:49:06 PM »
Game now up and running on Directv.  Channel 671.  So check your TV now.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #116: April 06, 2007, 08:49:12 PM »
From the MLB Board:

"The DTV guy just said that they sent a request to the technical team to have this fixed. He said MASN2 had the same problem for the Os game on Wednesday night and that it took until halfway through the game to get it fixed.  Watching on gameday now. Curse you Peter Angelos! May needles pierce your eyes."

"DirecTV just said there was nothing they could do. They gave me a 20 dollar credit (like that helps)."

"Just got off a long phone call with Directv. He's escalating the issue to the national feed, and heard from me that many others (all of you) are having the problem. Our only recourse: checking 671 every now and then tonight."

"I just finally got through to mASN THEY SAID IT IS A BLACKOUT MISTAKE AND IT WILL BE CORRECTED SHORTLY."

"Just got through - the person at MASN said that it is not a Direct TV issue - its a MASN issue. The game should no be blacked out. They don't know why its blacked out only on Direct TV, but they are working with Direct TV techies to get it fixed. Suggest everyone call MASN, wait on hold for however long you have to and complain loudly. Inexcusable. They had to have known about this when the pre-game show came on an hour and a half ago. This deal with Angelos and MASN as a big mistake for MLB and the Nationals. MLB and the Lerners need to do something about it."

"I called the Washington Post. They are going to run a story on this tomorrow. He told his editor to stop the presses, right when I was on the phone. That is so cool." "Just got off the phone with the Washington Post - running a story about how Angelos's network is blacking out the Nationals in DC. That's one way to improve the Orioles' ratings. I vow NEVER to go to another Orioles game or to watch them on their on their proprietory network. I actually was an Orioles fan until Angelos started screwing with the Nationals TV coverage - it goes back to the first year when the Nats were never on TV."

"Does anyone own a gong?"

Offline spidernat

« Reply #117: April 06, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »
If we get swept we can blame it all on Livan!   :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #118: April 06, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »
From the MLB Board:

"The DTV guy just said that they sent a request to the technical team to have this fixed. He said MASN2 had the same problem for the Os game on Wednesday night and that it took until halfway through the game to get it fixed.  Watching on gameday now. Curse you Peter Angelos! May needles pierce your eyes."

"DirecTV just said there was nothing they could do. They gave me a 20 dollar credit (like that helps)."

"Just got off a long phone call with Directv. He's escalating the issue to the national feed, and heard from me that many others (all of you) are having the problem. Our only recourse: checking 671 every now and then tonight."

"I just finally got through to mASN THEY SAID IT IS A BLACKOUT MISTAKE AND IT WILL BE CORRECTED SHORTLY."

"Just got through - the person at MASN said that it is not a Direct TV issue - its a MASN issue. The game should no be blacked out. They don't know why its blacked out only on Direct TV, but they are working with Direct TV techies to get it fixed. Suggest everyone call MASN, wait on hold for however long you have to and complain loudly. Inexcusable. They had to have known about this when the pre-game show came on an hour and a half ago. This deal with Angelos and MASN as a big mistake for MLB and the Nationals. MLB and the Lerners need to do something about it."

"I called the Washington Post. They are going to run a story on this tomorrow. He told his editor to stop the presses, right when I was on the phone. That is so cool."

"Just got off the phone with the Washington Post - running a story about how Angelos's network is blacking out the Nationals in DC. That's one way to improve the Orioles' ratings. I vow NEVER to go to another Orioles game or to watch them on their on their proprietory network. I actually was an Orioles fan until Angelos started screwing with the Nationals TV coverage - it goes back to the first year when the Nats were never on TV."

Believe me I refuse to watch them ever again, unless they're playing the Nats. The next time I see CharmCityCrab around here I'm going to throw cyber stones at him.  :lol:

I wish I had gotten that $20 credit. I'm sure there will be a good fight soon.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #119: April 06, 2007, 08:54:51 PM »
I'm not exactly thrilled.  We need five runs, thanks to Jerome.  (No disrespect to him, he had a great outing.)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #120: April 06, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »
Game now up and running on Directv.  Channel 671.  So check your TV now.

Dude that's not funny. I ran to my TV and still got a blank screen.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #121: April 06, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »
On a positive note, the Bullets are hanging in their game against Cleveland. But I better switch away before I jinx them.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #122: April 06, 2007, 08:58:06 PM »
Could someone tell Rookie Owings that he's pitching a one-hitter?
To jinx him?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #123: April 06, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »

That's hilarious kimnat.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #124: April 06, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »
From the MLB Board:

"I called the Washington Post. They are going to run a story on this tomorrow. He told his editor to stop the presses, right when I was on the phone. That is so cool."

"Just got off the phone with the Washington Post - running a story about how Angelos's network is blacking out the Nationals in DC. That's one way to improve the Orioles' ratings. I vow NEVER to go to another Orioles game or to watch them on their on their proprietory network. I actually was an Orioles fan until Angelos started screwing with the Nationals TV coverage - it goes back to the first year when the Nats were never on TV."

Awesome post.  Is this for real??  It would be a great story about Angelos' screwing us!  I said that earlier tonight.