Author Topic: Moving to Seattle / updated with pics !  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
Moving to Seattle / updated with pics !
« Topic Start: October 29, 2007, 11:08:40 PM »
So its Official!

Matt is taking the job in seattle washington!

So we're moving! Not sure of all the details of when and for how long :-)

But Matt got an offer from microsoft he cant refuse!

So i probably wont be gone until after the first of the year or even later?

I will keep you all posted as soon as i know more info!

And before you all start crying and stuff....

here are a few of answers to you're questions:

1. i will not be a trader and become a seattle mariner's fan and forget about the Nationals

2. We're not engaged- yet  ;)

3. We're still going to hold on to our Season Tickets for next year!

4. We will have some type of going away party!!

5. I will be coming home alot for the summer and to attend nationals TAILGATE parties and MANY GAMES

6. I will STILL have my "nationals insiders" connections...lol  I do know when Teddy will win...

7. haha Just kidding about the teddy thing

8. I will be at Opening Day 2008!

9. You all will have an open invite to come visit (well most of you :-)

10. I will always be a DIE-HARD-FOREVER NATIONALS FAN NO MATTER WHAT & YOU ALL ARE MY WNFF FAMILY!!!

Erica

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Moving to Seattle
« Reply #1: October 29, 2007, 11:18:40 PM »
...10. I will always be a DIE-HARD-FOREVER NATIONALS FAN NO MATTER WHAT...

Famous last words that all former fans of other teams say, before they become "insiders" and new fans of the Mariners... 

Another one bites the dust...

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #2: October 29, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »
Famous last words that all former fans of other teams say, before they become "insiders" and new fans of the Mariners... 

Another one bites the dust...
(Image removed from quote.)

I knew that was coming.... :-)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #3: October 29, 2007, 11:21:13 PM »
Hey, cool, congrats!  Moving is always an adventure...most people never move more than 100 miles from where they were born, and you only get one shot on this earth, so might as well go for it.  Seattle is a fun town, you'll love it.  And the Mariners are AL, so it's OK to go to those games without messing with your baseball DNA  :D

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #4: October 29, 2007, 11:24:21 PM »
Hey, cool, congrats!  Moving is always an adventure...most people never move more than 100 miles from where they were born, and you only get one shot on this earth, so might as well go for it.  Seattle is a fun town, you'll love it.  And the Mariners are AL, so it's OK to go to those games without messing with your baseball DNA  :D

Aww thanks!

Yeah! Im surely going to rack up the FF miles next year on united!!!

Im happy, scared , excited, all in the same breath...

But i do have my family here on the east coast and of course you all on here on WNFF!

Im very excited about going to see alot of the differnt games on the west coast!! I plan on hitting alot of the games when the nats are on the road!! :-)

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #5: October 29, 2007, 11:24:51 PM »
Microsoft can move its headquarters to WASHINGTON! 
They can convert RFK Stadium to OFFICE SPACE.  PROBLEM SOLVED!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #6: October 29, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »

1. i will not be a trader and become a seattle mariner's fan and forget about the Nationals

Finally, one of Erica's malaprops/misspellings pays off and actually fits the sentence without altering its meaning or intent :lol: Nevertheless, the accidental result makes it even funnier :rofl:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #7: October 29, 2007, 11:58:25 PM »
Finally, one of Erica's malaprops/misspellings pays off and actually fits the sentence without altering its meaning or intent :lol: Nevertheless, the accidental result makes it even funnier :rofl:

:rofl:

We are going to need a sticky thread for all of the Microsoft jokes
We haven't even BEGUN to piss on them...

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #8: October 30, 2007, 12:10:59 AM »
with these comments...

im so not going to miss you all here in dc...hahahaha

sooooo kidding...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #9: October 30, 2007, 12:26:44 AM »
This is me on item number 6  :shock:

This is me on item number 7   :doh:

Let us know your seat location when you get it or we will let you know ours!

Hope you're coming to Daves in Dec.

Have a good time in Seattle.  There was an old song and its lyrics are posted below.

Artist: Perry Como
Album: Seattle
Title: Seattle

The bluest skies you've ever seen are in seattle
And the hills the greenest green, in seattle
Like a beautiful child, growing up, free an' wild
Full of hopes an' full of fears, full of laughter, full of tears
Full of dreams to last the years, in seattle
. . . in seattle!

When it's time to leave your home and your loved ones
It's the hardest thing a boy can ever do
An' you pray that you will find someone warm an' sweet an' kind
But you're not sure what's waiting there for you!

. . . in seattle!

< instrumental break >

When you find your own true love, you will know it
By her smile, by the look in her eye
Scent of pine trees in the air, never knew a day so fair
It makes you feel so proud that you could cry!

. . . in seattle!

In seattle . . . in seattle . . . in seattle!

(I think it was sung by Perry Como for the show Here come the brides with [heavy sigh] Bobby Sherman)   :lol:

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #10: October 30, 2007, 01:19:20 AM »
Congratulations!

My daughter loves Seattle - it's probably one of her favorite places in the US.  She's planning on going to college in Oregon (Reed) just to be relatively near Seattle. 

I hope you have a wonderful time there, and do keep in touch here.

natsfan1a

« Reply #11: October 30, 2007, 08:48:29 AM »
You'll be missed, but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for both of you. We visited Seattle years ago while still living in Northern California. It's a beautiful part of the country.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #12: October 30, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »
You suck.

Kidding of course, but really, you suck for leaving us.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #13: October 30, 2007, 04:24:56 PM »
(Redmond, WA - June 15, 2008) During the early innings of this afternoon's Mariner home game against the Washington Nationals, a small group of Nationals fan's cheers were heard loud enough to be heard over the PA system. The words "Washington Nationals Fan Forum kicks ass" were heard as Tom Hutyler (Mariner's public address announcer) announced Ryan Zimmerman's Nationals 3B) name as he came to bat in the 4th inning. Tom (Hutyler) quickly replied, "And it just might at that, as long as it's not Mariner ass it's kicking" sending more than a few chuckles among the 31 thousand plus that were on hand. A Young woman in a Washington Nationals jersey was seen to quickly cover her mouth, while making an "oops" gesture with her face and eyes. Even though she seemed out of place in the section reserved for Microsoft employees, she was obviously part of the group, who I'm sure gave her a bit of a razzing following the incident.

On the field, it wasn't one of the best outings by pitcher, Felix Hernandez, as he gave up 7 earned runs and walked three, while striking out 2 in the 4 and two-thirds innings pitched. On the day, the Nationals, led by Jesus Flores and (Ryan) Zimmerman, who each homered twice, easily defeated the Mariners 11-2.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #14: October 30, 2007, 04:42:03 PM »
(Redmond, WA - June 15, 2008) During the early innings of this afternoon's Mariner home game against the Washington Nationals, a small group of Nationals fan's cheers were heard loud enough to be heard over the PA system. The words "Washington Nationals Fan Forum kicks ass" were heard as Tom Hutyler (Mariner's public address announcer) announced Ryan Zimmerman's Nationals 3B) name as he came to bat in the 4th inning. Tom (Hutyler) quickly replied, "And it just might at that, as long as it's not Mariner ass it's kicking" sending more than a few chuckles among the 31 thousand plus that were on hand. A Young woman in a Washington Nationals jersey was seen to quickly cover her mouth, while making an "oops" gesture with her face and eyes. Even though she seemed out of place in the section reserved for Microsoft employees, she was obviously part of the group, who I'm sure gave her a bit of a razzing following the incident.

On the field, it wasn't one of the best outings by pitcher, Felix Hernandez, as he gave up 7 earned runs and walked three, while striking out 2 in the 4 and two-thirds innings pitched. On the day, the Nationals, led by Jesus Flores and (Ryan) Zimmerman, who each homered twice, easily defeated the Mariners 11-2.

What a dream!

Erica...all the best for you and Dan. Matt.  (so sorry).

natsfan1a

« Reply #15: October 30, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »
Nice scenario! :)

Offline kimnat

« Reply #16: October 30, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »
What a dream!

Erica...all the best for you and Dan.

oops!  I got Dan, she's got Matt.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #17: October 30, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »

:rofl:  That's a good one!!!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #18: October 30, 2007, 07:33:36 PM »
oops!  I got Dan, she's got Matt.

:rofl:  That's a good one!!!

:rofl: So you're sending Dan off to Seattle with Erica. When will Matt be moving in? I guess that explains this (:rofl:):

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #19: October 30, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
hahaahahha

thats funny!

i didnt get that until now!

ok so were officially moving, not sure when though!

but we're taking a min vac to scotland/england in mid november...

yeah we're going to freeze our butts off..

but my best friend lives over there... and what better time to visit scotland in the butt crack of winter...:-)

Online DPMOmaha

« Reply #20: October 30, 2007, 09:45:34 PM »
I have an aunt that works for Microsoft.  They just moved to the Seattle area about six months ago.  Haven't made it up there yet.  Have Matt tell her hi for me.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #21: October 30, 2007, 10:00:30 PM »
I have an aunt that works for Microsoft.  They just moved to the Seattle area about six months ago.  Haven't made it up there yet.  Have Matt tell her hi for me.

will do!

where did they move from? what does you're aunt do for MS?

and where are they living...

as you can imagine, i have no idea where we're gonna live...lol

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #22: October 31, 2007, 09:40:21 AM »
Erica, you should try to track down "nutsfornats" from the MLB board.  He lives in Seattle now, and posts some of the most bizzare combinations of english language keyboard characters you'll ever see, so you have at least two things in common.... ;)

Pretty soon we'll have enough Nats fans in Seattle to start an auxillary fan club.  There was once upon a time that I thought my wife and I would end up there.  She worked for Boeing in Crystal City, but made occasional trips out to Seattle, one of which I joined her on.  We loved the city, though the weather can be dreary for months on end.  At least there is great coffee and beer to keep you entertained. 

Take the ferry (without your car) from Anacortes out to the San Juan Islands, and sea kayak around for a few days.  Very cool place indeed.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #23: October 31, 2007, 09:43:06 AM »
Pretty soon we'll have enough Nats fans in Seattle to start an auxillary fan club. 

The Washington Nationals of Washington Fan Club?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #24: October 31, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »
The Washington Nationals of Washington Fan Club?

:funny: